A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,187
Currently Running With Scissors:
669 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: mod bag!  (Read 6908 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

miranda_ail
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2005 04:53:12 AM »

first of all; that's such a beautiful bag!

second; i'm doing a bag similar to that one with the same kind of handles the problem is that i don't know what to do first. could you help me?
i've started by doing "two bags". one for the lining and on for the outside. I don't know if that's the right way to start at all but hopefully it is. anyway, what am I suppose to do now and did i do right by starting two sew the linging and the bag separetly?

Thanks a bunch, Linda
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LuluB
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2005 06:37:42 AM »

first of all; that's such a beautiful bag!

second; i'm doing a bag similar to that one with the same kind of handles the problem is that i don't know what to do first. could you help me?
i've started by doing "two bags". one for the lining and on for the outside. I don't know if that's the right way to start at all but hopefully it is. anyway, what am I suppose to do now and did i do right by starting two sew the linging and the bag separetly?

Thanks a bunch, Linda
yes the lining and the bag should be put together seperately and then sewn together.  as for the handles, those should be done before you sew the bag pieces together.  because i used a copywritten pattern i don't feel comfortable going into the specifics of exactly how the bag was made, but here are some tips:

- you need to use interfacing (fuseable) on the exterior of the bag and on the top of the bag lining.  it adds support for the handles.
-cut the handles out after you add the interfacing to the fabric, it helps cut down the freying a bit
-sew the handle hems (can't seem to find the right word today, but the part that's folded over from your cutting the hole) down in both the lining and the bag before you put the rest of the bag together
-be very exact on the handles so they match (something i didn't quite do in this bag which caused me HUGE headaches during the final construction)

hope this helps.
erika
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lorin

live fast, die pretty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2005 05:34:16 PM »

wow, very wow
it's so professional, yet...not cookie cutter!
love it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

_Lorin
gardener
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2005 10:23:53 PM »

I had a headache today--finals,,figures---but it went all away when I saw your hot bag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SublimeStitcher
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2005 09:33:10 AM »

YES! YES! YES! I love how you used that pattern. When I design them, I always hope they'll be used to their full potential!

I am SO, like posting that on my site.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Embroidery Rocks! Sublime Stitching RULES.
Kits - Patterns - How 2
http://www.SublimeStitching.com

Embroidered Artwork by Jenny Hart
http://www.jennyhart.net
LuluB
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2005 06:55:00 AM »

YES! YES! YES! I love how you used that pattern. When I design them, I always hope they'll be used to their full potential!

I am SO, like posting that on my site.

you are SO welcome to do so!

erika
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angelextreme
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2005 10:25:38 AM »

Oh why..oh why...oh why cant ANY of my friends have talent.  Shocked

Great purse. I love the square handles...very poppin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love you. And not, not in a friendly way, although I think we're great friends. And not in a misplaced affection, puppy-dog way, although I'm sure that's what you'll call it. I love you. Very, very simple, very truly. You are the epitome of everything I have ever looked for in another human being.
Whtsmypaswrd
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2005 08:43:02 PM »

I noticed that the pattern used was actually "Mad Pad" if anyone tries to find the same pattern...Sublime also has a pattern entitled "Mode Mod". I was momentarily confused and wanted to help anyone that might get confused like myself. Nevertheless, I think the purse itself is aptly named "mod".

That is a supergood bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a remembrance of the inert that's taken to dancing. Everything is all the same.

Michael McClure
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prepare Celery for Lumpia
How to Julienne Snowpeas for Lumpia
How to Dice Onions and Prepare Water Chestnuts for Lumpia
How to Chop Garlic and Mince Ginger for Lumpia
How to Saute Vegetables for Lumpia
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...