A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,395
Currently Running With Scissors:
791 Guests and 50 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: more prom redos!  (Read 5943 times)
Tags for this thread: reconstructed , prom_dress  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

green_olives
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010 03:23:28 PM »

These are cute! I love how big a difference the first one made by just removing the sleeves and bow, it looks like something you would see now a days! As for the first one I think it looks fine as it is I like the bubble skirt... but for some reason I think it needs a white belt with a giant white bow in the back... but that could be my inner 80's child talking Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kayliecelery
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010 05:02:08 PM »

I really like the black and white one. Smiley I think it looks a heck of a lot nicer than it originally was. Maybe it could have done with being a little shorter though Smiley But considering what it looked like before hand it is awesome Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Is happy to do personal swaps Smiley
amazing_784
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010 06:17:18 PM »

The general consensus about the black/white dress is that the skirt seems to be too long, regardless of what other styles it could be in.  the skirt is about knee-length, give or take, since it's so poofy.  I think I'm going to leave it, maybe take a little off the length, and secure the skirt better.  The tulle is inside, and it shifts.  So, I'll figure out how to anchor it better so it lays evenly.  
As for the first one I think it looks fine as it is I like the bubble skirt... but for some reason I think it needs a white belt with a giant white bow in the back... but that could be my inner 80's child talking Cheesy
LOL  I took a bow off of it already!  I think it was on the butt.  It really needed to go.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010 06:17:39 PM by amazing_784 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

whimsy10510
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010 07:49:04 PM »

hey! that first one is actually really attractive now! whaaaaaaat?!  Shocked  Cheesy
as for the second one, someone might have mentioned it, but i think some black tulle over the white skirt would make the contrast between the black and white a little softer and not so cut- and- paste. not that it's so bad right now, especially comparatively.
i'm looking forward to seeing the next batch! this is such a cool project!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindsycarranza

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010 06:49:31 AM »

I love them both! I actually really like the contrast of the b/w and wow it's amazing how awesome that first one looks just by taking off those sleeves and that bow! Awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Okay so once again I am completely redoing my pictures. Got tired of photobucket, the only reason I used it was for here so I decided I will just use Craftster's photo uploader. So while I am switching over my photo links will be broken. Message me if there is a post you would like the pics for.
javamama
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010 08:49:02 AM »

Nice work! I can show my age by saying that first style was alot like my prom dress except it was shiny green irridescent taffeta! Ah, the memories...

I like the poofy skirt, and I personally like the length it is. My suggestion would be to add some tucks and put a small black tulle embellishment (flower? other? ) as the 'fastener' for the tucks.
Does that make sense? How about this pic for inspiration:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4176%2BZeALhL._SL500_.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged

griffinthecat
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010 07:06:07 PM »

I really like the first one.  It looks so elegant, and totally now. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MalMorgan
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010 06:04:38 PM »

Oh, Gorgeous! I'm IN LOVE with the second one! Not loving the color, but fantastic design!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Not to Damage Your Hair
How to Analise Your Hair Type
How to Blow Dry Hair
How to Blow Dry Afro-Caribean Hair
How to Blow Dry Curly Hair Straight
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...