A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,598
Currently Running With Scissors:
730 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Any crafty Expats/English speakers in Brussels?  (Read 5031 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Echelon
« on: September 28, 2007 07:19:34 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm new here so i hope this is in the right place to put this!

I've just moved from the UK to Brussels, Belgium with my BF who's just started work over here. I dont know many people here and as of yet havent found where the decent material/craft shops are so i thought what better place to see if theres anyone in my situation out here than craftster.
I know this is a long shot but if there are and British/ America/ Canadian/ Australian/ new zealand/ etc expats out here or just local girls looking to take a crafty english girl with really really bad french/dutch under their wing and go craft supply shopping then feel free to send me a messsage. Also if anyone would be interested in setting up (or knows of) an english speaking stitch and bitch group/get together in Brussels then that'd be great too!

Helen:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftcore
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007 04:31:37 AM »

hi,

i live in belgium, but in a small city Hasselt. if i lived closer to Brussels i would have loved to start a stitch & bitch group there. i know there is a stitch & bitch group in Gent but they are probably dutch-speaking (though they must speak/understand english too).

Nina
THIS ROCKS   Logged

revolution craft style now
Creative_Miss_Chris

Theatre is my life dahling...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008 10:43:45 AM »

Heya!

I'm a british expat living here in belgium because of my dads job (yes I'm 17)  Cheesy but I do know my way around a few craft shops (all 3 of them in belgium!) hahaha! they're very thin on the ground here. but I live in rhode st. genese, near waterloo and thats where most of them are, so thats good. I can't beleive there are other people on here who are in belgium and know craftster! yaay! Grin
-Christianna
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps! If anyone loves the 1950's, or harajuku style, or you just want to do a crafty swap in general PM me!  Cheesy

www.wists.com/Creative_Miss_Chris
ktto
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008 08:48:20 AM »

hi!
are you still there? because i'm staying in brussels for an internship during the summer/september and would really love to do some crafty stuff:)

katarina
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Creative_Miss_Chris

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008 02:50:49 AM »

hi!
 I'm in portugal on holiday right now but I'll be back in Belgium on the 17th of August.
perhaps we could do a swap or something Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps! If anyone loves the 1950's, or harajuku style, or you just want to do a crafty swap in general PM me!  Cheesy

Echelon
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008 11:54:34 AM »

Hey,

I'm still here where's your internship and where you from? Smiley Think i've now found my way around the craft/art shops so send me a message if you need a tour guide Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Creative_Miss_Chris

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008 03:26:14 PM »

haha! heya Smiley
I actually live in Belgium (and have done for the past 9 years) so dont worry I'm ok on the craft shops ^^
its a great place-very rainy, but ah well Tongue

I'm 17 so I go to school here (therefore not an internship). cool you're doing an internship in belgium Smiley is it with the European commision? as i know a lot of good interships go on there
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Echelon
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008 07:27:59 AM »

Hey Miss Chris Smiley

Think wires got crossed I was asking Ktto about her internship Tongue I'm not an intern I'm an English tutor:) I live right by the commission though so know it well Smiley Been here for a year now and although I'm not really sure I agree that it's a great place (not enough alternative culture and Belgium sure does like to make everything complicated!) it's home for now Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Creative_Miss_Chris

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008 07:58:37 AM »

oh hahaha! sorry-i hought you meant me, nevermind.
well belgium's beurocracy is TERRIBLE but the area i live near (waterloo) is nice so I'm happy enough here until i go off to university. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annez
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008 03:18:51 PM »

Hi all,

I have moved to Brussels/Evere and haven't come across any craft clubs yet, which makes me think about starting one myself.

What I had in mind is something rather informal, such as meeting up fortnightly, having a chat over a cup of tea, while each person brings their latest project to work on.

Would any of you be interested?

Annez
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips For Younger Looking Hair
Go Wild with Your Hair Texture
How to Get Big, Bouncy Hair
How to Get Sparkly Braids
Alexa Chung Shares Hair Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...