A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,720
Currently Running With Scissors:
626 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: creative wrapping?  (Read 3958 times)
Tags for this thread: gift_wrap  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

50srocknrollergirl
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2004 09:48:12 PM »

i bought a pack of 12 cute little ornaments from the dollar store im gunna tie on presents.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2004 09:01:05 AM »

Here's what I did this year for christmas wrap;

I had a big roll of brown kraft paper I got for three dollars at office max just sitting around. I wrapped up my gifts and painted right on the paper with acrylics. Everything I wrapped was waterproof, and I didn't add any water to the paints, so I'm sure no damage has been done.

Happy wrapping!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordpress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
craft-matic
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2004 10:24:50 AM »

For square boxes, you can weave ribbon around the entire package.  It looks really pretty.  Especially if you use varying widths, so it looks plaid!

For friends who like to sew, you can get used sewing patterns from the thrift store.  Those look really cool.  Or for friends who don't mind quirky, you can find an image of, for example, a butcher's diagram, and then have a little cut-out of a steak for a card...stuff like that.  Here's one for kangaroo cuts (!?):

http://www.kangaroo-industry.asn.au/products/cuts.htm

And one for beef:

http://hollinfarms.com/pages/beefcuts.html

I don't know why, but I'm kind of obsessed with kitschy meat images lately. 

But, like, a color by number pattern would be cool, too.  One of a little deer (aw). 

Here's one of goats:

http://lib1.store.vip.sc5.yahoo.com/lib/tlcapparel/Goatscbn.gif

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Work is love made visible.
                            --Kahlil Gibran

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted.           
                            --Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
indigo flower girl
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2004 03:41:04 PM »

- If anyone has little kids, they could have them color Christmas pictures on large sheets of paper for gift wrap.
- This time of year in many craft stores or even grocery stores, there are inexpensive colorful boxes that you can put gifts inside and the recipient can also use the box.
- Along those lines, if your gift happens to be a camera, film, camera bag, album, picture frame, anything like that, you could package it in a cute photo storage box.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://cakeandmittens.wordpress.com/

Smile like you mean it, and let yourself let go.
tgmoo

badger badger badger

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2004 07:43:05 AM »

I used newspaper this year. Newspaper bows, newspaper tags... I even took a person's cd, shoved it in the bottom of a BIG box and filled it up with newspaper strips. She'll have to dig through all of that to get to the bottom.. hahaha.

Next year, I want to use that outrageous furry fabric and make slipcovers for my presents. I'll just have to keep my eye open for that type of stuff on sale.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Turtles Go Moo
Got it? Good.
indigo flower girl
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2004 08:35:14 AM »

I even took a person's cd, shoved it in the bottom of a BIG box and filled it up with newspaper strips. She'll have to dig through all of that to get to the bottom.. hahaha.

Unless, of course, she happens to open the box upside down. It happens.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2004 09:17:57 AM »

I used newspaper this year. Newspaper bows, newspaper tags... I even took a person's cd, shoved it in the bottom of a BIG box and filled it up with newspaper strips. She'll have to dig through all of that to get to the bottom.. hahaha.

oh, one of my friends in high school worked at mcdonalds, and so he got a ton of different sized boxes and wrapped them up one inside the other with a cd on the inner box.  the recipient had to open about 15 different boxes, some of which were wrapped in paper, plastic bags, duct tape, twine, and anything else that would be hard to open!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Atouria

Craftster in progress...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2004 04:49:12 AM »

I made teacup candles this year for christmas.  I used little round craft boxes from hobby lobby.  I spray painted the bottoms gold and the lids white.  Then I stamped, in gold, a victorian lady's head (with one of those huge hats!) on  each lid.  I put a slanted gold ribbon across the top with a gold bow.  It's not a guady ugly gold.  I think they look really elegant and they were easy, quick, and fun to do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo flower girl
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2004 10:45:37 AM »

I made teacup candles this year for christmas.  I used little round craft boxes from hobby lobby.  I spray painted the bottoms gold and the lids white.  Then I stamped, in gold, a victorian lady's head (with one of those huge hats!) on  each lid.  I put a slanted gold ribbon across the top with a gold bow.  It's not a guady ugly gold.  I think they look really elegant and they were easy, quick, and fun to do!

If you have a digital camera, could you post a pic? This sounds cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dani24

I am so smart! S-M-R-T....oops! I mean S-M-A-R-T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2004 10:53:17 AM »

In one of my magazines (I think it may have been Budget Living) they suggested color photocopying items, like a colorful sweater, or some pretty fabric, or a bunch of candy wrappers, or anything else you can think of, onto 11x17 paper.  Then, use that to wrap your gifts in.  The pictures they showed in the magazine of wrapped presents were very cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Much Zoom Do I Need?
What is the Aspect Ratio setting on a Digital Cam?
In choosing a Digital Camera do Megapixels matter?
High Resolution Photography Part 3
How to Use a Tripod
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...