A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,756
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty's Roam (Fall 2007)  (Read 2307 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jane_101
I'll do it now in a minute.

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2007 02:19:29 AM »

Would anyone care to Roam-along with me?  I saw lots of positive feedback for the pattern when this issue was launched so I'm hoping there'll be some takers!

I cast on last night while watching episodes 11 and 12 of Heroes, and I'm a whole 30 rows in  Roll Eyes  I'm using Jaeger Trinity which is a silk/cotton/some other stuff blend, and the colour's 'Water' which is a light grey-blue; very pretty.

I'll post pics once I've done the rest of the decs on this left front.  Hope you'll join me!

Jane Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amyb444
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007 10:59:52 PM »

I LOVE this pattern. I have to hold off for a while (too many things going right now). How's all the seed stitch going? I think that would drive me nuts, but I read somewhere that the pattern writer (my mind has blanked on what you would call her) said it's easier if you hold the yarn in your left hand. Once I teach myself that, I will be making this. It's the perfect hoodie pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smrjunior
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007 05:09:01 AM »

I knit continental and I still hate seed stitch.  which is probably the only thing keeping me from starting this, as I've been looking for a perfect, simple fitted hoodie.  oh well, I'll keep one eye on this thread and the other on my stash, I guess.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

not another knitting blog.  no, seriously, it's just a blog.  that never gets updated.
jane_101

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007 05:49:37 AM »

How's all the seed stitch going?

It's not too hideous, so far  Roll Eyes  I'm just done with a 1x1 rib scarf so I'm in the 'K1,P1' zone I guess.  So far it's looking really pretty, the stitches are a bit uneven but I think the slightly slubby texture of the Trinity has a lot to do with that.  Blocking will work wonders *positive thinking*

I'm a right-hand wrapper when using straights (like in this project) and personally find it MUCH easier than using my left hand for seed stich or ribbing.  If this project had required circs (when I have to wrap with my left, weirdo that I am) I don't think I would've done it, I find it much too much like hard work.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rebel
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007 10:39:44 AM »

Would anyone care to Roam-along with me?  I saw lots of positive feedback for the pattern when this issue was launched so I'm hoping there'll be some takers!

I cast on last night while watching episodes 11 and 12 of Heroes, and I'm a whole 30 rows in  Roll Eyes  I'm using Jaeger Trinity which is a silk/cotton/some other stuff blend, and the colour's 'Water' which is a light grey-blue; very pretty.

I'll post pics once I've done the rest of the decs on this left front.  Hope you'll join me!

Jane Cheesy

I just started this sweater this weekend. I'm doing it with Knitpicks Wool of the Andes so we'll see how it differs from the original.

I find the seed stitch not so bad. I knit with both hands and find throwing is faster and easier on my hands. It's going pretty quickly.

I'm glad to see others are knitting it as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
roxy624
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007 12:02:13 PM »

I am in the process of moving, but as soon as I unpack all my knitting gear, I am going to start this.  I've never made a people sweater before, so hopefully I do okay on this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jane_101

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007 03:54:46 AM »

Yay, I was worried for a while this was going to be a solo-KAL Tongue

I'm having a crazy-busy week but I'm knitting a row or two when I get the chance; I'm halfway though the increases on the left front and I'm loving how the fabric is knitting up in Trinity.

Here's some hastily snapped and slightly blurry progress pics:

I'm loving the faux-seam!  This is quite a good colour representation, depending on the light the yarn seems either blue-grey or grey-blue.  Either way I really like it!

Looking forward to seeing some other people's takes on this Smiley
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007 03:58:06 AM by jane_101 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Singlemom
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007 07:24:05 AM »

That's looking beautiful, jane_101. I had considered making this one for my mom for christmas (she loves hoodies), but couldn't decide on a yarn to sub for her. Now that I've gotten some good suggestions, I'll be joining after payday (or when I get my cherie amour done, if I can get my butt to finishing the sleeves).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alligator
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007 11:36:05 PM »

I'm thinking about making this sweater too!  I have a wip in a brown/yellow variegated malabrigo that is sort of failing and I thought this might be a better pattern for it.
The pattern that I started is mostly st st and I don't like all the pooling.  I was thinking the seed st in this sweater might be a better idea but I haven't decided.
Here is a pic of the pattern and yarn of the sweater I am thinking of frogging and turning into Roam instead:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jane_101

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007 06:31:08 AM »

Ooh, Malabrigo, lovely!  That's a very pretty colourway too.  Have you decided whether to rip and try it out on Roam?

I'm done with the left front, woo!  Cool  I cast on for the back this morning too, figured I would get the biggest part out the way now before I lose momentum.  Second sleeve syndrome is VERY likely to attack me on this one I think!  Anyways I'm still really pleased with the way it's looking, I'd post another pic but it's not all that different to the ones above really, just a bit longer Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best & Worst Dressed List At The 2013 SAG Awards
Celebrity Street Styles: Jay Z, Jessica Alba and Heidi Klum
Save Love Give Campaign - Vera Launch at the United Nations
"The Rachael Ray Show": Twin Mother Makeovers
Best Dressed Stars: J Lo, Michelle Obama and Jessica Alba
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...