A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,698
Currently Running With Scissors:
803 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: scorpion + insomnia + hook  (Read 1567 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nykole6412

i wish i was on southpark

View Profile WWW
« on: September 27, 2007 12:37:53 AM »

ok so im getting ready for bed.....walk through my living room and i find a horrible horrible scorpion! (im new to AZ.........and i guess alot of scorpions are in my area...last time i found one i called the maintenance guy and made him come get it and he called me a wuss!!!  LOL)  ok so obviously i cannot sleep (i have the craziest fear of scorpions) so i decide to make a beanie and scarf out of some soft fuzzy yarn someone gave me!!!  what do you think???

oh ya i killed the scorp here he is!!

im going to send it to my sis in northern cali cuz obviously you dont need beanies an scarves here in AZ!!!!!!!!! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
divadiver
Frugal Renovation Expert Extraordinaire

Blogalicious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007 01:13:27 AM »

i love the beanie and scarf!!  whereabouts in AZ are you?  i'm originally from northern AZ and it definitely gets cold enough for beanies and scarves up in the mountains! Smiley  love the creations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nykole6412

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007 01:24:54 AM »

i was living in chandler but now im living in ahwatukee or something like that?  just phx i guess LOL thanks!  i have some friends up north maybe ill make them some beanies! LOL   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artzyfartzy
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007 05:27:06 AM »

Oh i love the color of your beanie.  What kind of yarn is it? ( i have a HORRIBLE fear of bugs........i wouldn't of been able to even kill it myself at all)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007 09:32:52 AM »

I love the colors! Cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
djonesgirl
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007 09:35:49 AM »

Cute!  I miss AZ.  Cry  I lived there for a year and a half, but I never saw a single scorpion.  We just had to deal with roaches, crickets and ants. I still loved it there more than anywhere else I've lived, though
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nykole6412

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007 11:52:57 AM »

the yarn is sensations angel hair stripes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
makeleveesnotwar
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007 09:59:18 AM »

I love the colors, great job!  Oh, man... Scorpions?!?!?  I was considering maybe moving to Arizona for grad school... but I can't even handle the ginormous roaches we get here in Louisiana.  Thanks for the visual of the squished scorpion, btw.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MEshelltakeone
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007 02:24:46 PM »

SCORPIONS??!!!! wow. I can't sleep after "disposing" of the large,scary,horrible camel crickets we get. I cant imagine a scorpion!!!

kudos on the kill and the projects!!!! that beanie looks sooooo comfy and soft!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

minivanmomma

Pumpkin #3 - thumbs up!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007 08:00:55 AM »

I live in Tempe, but am a native Arizonan and where we used to live we even had them drop down from the attic into the light fixtures!  That was not fun to clean out!  Anyway, in this house we've only ever seen one(in 4 years).  & your maintenance man may have called you a wuss, but I guarantee if he was laying down on the floor and one was heading towards him he'd jump just like anyone! 

The major thing is to make sure they don't have things to eat like spiders, roaches that kind of thing.  Even still they are a reality and if you live near a construction site or open desert it's inevitable you will have them.  They can be dealt with by professionals though so if you're getting a lot make them send someone out as getting stung by one really sucks.  Another option is if you have a black light and walk around with it at night you can see them (they'll glow) and get rid of them that way. 

I've only ever been stung when sitting on the floor and it's only happened one time in my life.  Considering how many we had at my house growing up that's definitely not bad. 

Good luck to you and while it may not get as cold here in the valley it will get cold and the cold here goes right through you!  I love the hat and scarf that yarn rocks!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ways To Wear Varsity Jackets
Topshop Expands To More Nordstrom Locations
The 5 Pieces You Need to Transition Into Fall
How To Get Vanessa Hudgens Boho Look For Less
Worst Dressed of the 2013 MTV VMAs
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...