A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,566
Currently Running With Scissors:
487 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lingerie Fabrics  (Read 739 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Elphelba
« on: September 26, 2007 03:49:40 PM »

I want to try making my own bras and matching panties/camis. Are there any fabrics any of you have like to work with for these items? Are there any places that you would reccommend looking for fabric? The biggest think I'm having trouble finding is stretch lace. I like things that have a pretty high cotton content (yeast infection is not sexy).

Thanks,
Lisa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stop being so damned positive. Staring at the sun only blinds some one. By only looking at the positive, you miss an entire beautiful world of shadows and colors. Don't be overly negative, be realistic. The world is so much more complex and beautiful that way.
The french crafter

Bonjour tout le monde!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007 11:10:15 AM »

Why not try this Canadian web site:http://www.bramakerssupply.com. It's a good site with lots of choice. And Kwicksew lots of cool pattern for lingerie and they fit well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stacysews
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007 12:17:07 PM »

A lot of lingerie is made from tricot material - it's usually comes in solid and not so many prints.  Powermesh is also another option for lingerie, especially the side straps of bras if you're needing extra support.  Glamor glow is another type of lingerie fabric that I've used - it's typically a stretch nylon, a bit thicker weight than tricot, and comes in an assortment of prints.  Another option is cotton (or cotton\lycra blends), you'll also have quite a bit of options as far as prints and solids as well.

I'm very fortunate to have a local shop that specializes in nothing but stretch and lingerie fabrics (I've purchased almost all my stretch laces through them too).  They don't have an internet site, but do a lot of business over the phone (they also do lots of classes and workshops in town and out of state too).  If you're interested, PM me and I'll send you their number, etc.

I also know that SewSassy.com and Lucy's Fabric's also has quite a bit of supplies (and patterns, if you're interested) as well.  I've also found some online at ebay, but of course, the selection is pretty hit and miss!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OhSweetNuthin
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007 01:39:01 PM »

I don't know that much about this, but I remember a staff member at my local fabric store recommended batiste for undergarments. The stuff she showed me had a lot of cotton content, but I see it possibly being a problem trying to get it to form snugly to the curves of the body.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 5 Ways to Look Cute When Its Cold Outside
Cute and Casual Holiday Outfit Tips
Hottest Holiday Party Fashions
How to Personalize Your Own Look
How to Style Your Turtleneck Sweater
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...