A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,724
Currently Running With Scissors:
337 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reusable alternative to wrapping paper (pic chubby)  (Read 21702 times)
Tags for this thread: gift_wrap , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beCREATIVEville
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007 04:04:49 PM »

I definitely would want it back.  In fact I think I would embroider a TO: and FROM: on each one to make sure I got them back or they wouldn't get a present next time!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

betsy
beCREATIVEville.etsy.com
thankyoulocust
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007 04:20:43 PM »

Ok, I'm totally stealing this idea.  Only I'm gonna use up some of my velcro stash so I don't have to tie the ties.  Yay!!  Thanks for the great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yeah we don't take orders well.  Unless they're to get on the dance flo'.  Or raise the roof.  Or make some NOIZE...with a Z!"
PhunkyThreads
this is the only craftster id I've ever had

wait for it....it wil come...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007 04:25:42 PM »

I like this idea. it is really neat. It might be a good thing to try for christmas...and when u r done, you can make a plain pillow to put in it and..ta da!!!! You have a fancy pillow with a cover!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If speaking my mind gets me in trouble with the establishment,then I never want to be silent
KarenLouiseM
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007 04:32:26 PM »

Love it.  I like how tailored it looks.  I am definitely going to make some of these.  Thanks for a great idea.

I'm a giant fan of recyclable gift wrap.  My family and I have always used the paper holiday gift bags over and over and over, until they are in pieces.  

And a few years ago I started sewing bags for my holiday gifts.  I bought holiday fabric at yard sales and on markdown.  Super easy to sew a bag and then use pinking shears across the top.  And I can make them to fit the gift.  Then I just tie them up and stick a tag to yarn/ribbon.  My plan for this year is to paint up some wooden clothespins and use those to close them.  Then I can also reuse those in the future. 

I've had fun matching fabric to people and the doing only their gifts in that fabric - that way I don't need tags for some of them and the grandkids don't know which ones to shake Grin

In my crazy family, there have been a lot of sneaky maneuvers to try to get more bags to take home after the unwrapping frenzy (like taking a pile from the person sitting next to you when they aren't looking and stuffing them into one of your big bags.

But, for some reason they all felt kind of guilty about taking the cloth bags and they volunteered to give them back!

My goal is to eventually have enough that we just keep passing them around in the family.  And being able to do flat ones like this is going to add a very nice touch.

Go recycling!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
spaceniblet
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007 04:43:57 PM »

Awesome! I totally hit this rocks!

I swear, when I finally have space here to get my sewing machine out of storage my ENTIRE fam is getting reusable grocery bags for Christmas and knitted gifts wrapped in reusable wrapping paper.  Thanks for the great idea!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Squirps!
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007 05:03:56 PM »

This Rocks!  Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angeleyes410
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007 05:05:28 PM »

This is a fabulous idea! I am the absolute worst wrapper on the planet. Seriously, its a running joke with EVERYONE who has ever recieved a present from me, or wrapped presents with me, I just am actually missing the gift wrapping gene, or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tarewyn
The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." Atticus Finch

Saving my sanity, one crafty day at a time.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2007 05:10:11 PM »

Brilliant!  I have been making drawstring bags for gifts for years and slowly weaning off the wrapping paper, but I love this idea.  I am a novice seamstress at best but I may give it a shot.  Great idea!

Tarewyn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Damara
I don't want to make money. I just want to be wonderful--Marilyn Monroe

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2007 05:20:22 PM »

I really like this idea, i am one of those crazy people that save ALL the tissue paper and bags, I even have my 9 year old trained to fold the tissue up
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative

"I promise to love you forever, every single day of forever"  Edward Cullen, Eclipse

www.wists.com/damara
pinkanddinky
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." Proust

Sociologist with scissors

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2007 05:37:00 PM »

You AND your fab idea ROCK and I'm pushing the button! I like your acknowledgement that people still like to unwrap things and adding the ribbons so they can.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Your Own Jewelry
How to Make Shrink Plastic Jewelry and Accessories
How to Make a Wrapped Loop - Bead Tutorial
How to Make Marble Magnets and Picture Marbles
How to Make a Wrapped Wire Loop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...