A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,508
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: hmmm......(need opinions)  (Read 866 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheLilCrocheter
Crochet Dork :P

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2007 11:45:19 AM »

would people take me seriousle if i organized a swap? i've been here for a bit less than a year

would YOU join a swap run by me?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

you can complain because roses have thorns or you can rejoice because thorns have roses.

You can't be on TOP if all you do is sit on your BOTTOM

Ipod Cozy Swap : http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=200883.msg2135687#msg2135687
craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007 01:20:56 PM »

it really depends on what the swap is (and when - i'm swamped with swapping right now, and i think a lot of others are too!).

the things i look for when i don't know the organizer very well is how many swaps they've participated in, and what kinds. for instance, you've done more ATC swaps than anything else, so i'm sure you'd know enough about them to organize one. if you wanted to organize an on-going swap, i might think you don't have enough experience, because they can get really complicated really easily!

i also look to see if they've started the sign up thread properly - using the correct format for the subject, giving lots of info, etc. i'm kinda anal about the subject line (drives me crazy when people don't enter all the info, even when they have the room!), so i'm probably the exception for that, but i always wonder - if the organizer can't follow instructions to post the sign up thread, how well will they be able to organize?

the best way to see if there's any interest is to start a thread on the swap idea board and go from there! if you're worried about organizing, try approaching a more experienced organizer and see if they'd be willing to help you out a bit or even co-organize.

good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
TheLilCrocheter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007 10:05:20 AM »

thanks so much!!! Grin I think I will wait a little bit before organizing Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

you can complain because roses have thorns or you can rejoice because thorns have roses.

Ipod Cozy Swap : http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=200883.msg2135687#msg2135687
Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007 12:10:36 AM »

I think it's a good idea to co-organize at least once before you take one on all by yourself.  That way if you get in over your head the first time there's someone else there to help out!

Also it might be best to limit it to only a few people the first time around, and make sure it's a simple swap.  The first time I organized there were under 20 participants and the swap was only for one item, so it wasn't too hard to keep track of things.  Now I'm organizing the PostSecret Swap, and it's sort of crazy with each person sending multiple times!  I'm really glad I had some experience before I took on something this complicated.

Personally if you started a swap I was interested in, I'd join it.  You've been in enough swaps to know the drill pretty well, the time someone's been a member doesn't really factor into it for me.  I didn't do my first swap until 2 years after I joined, and some people start swapping right away!  I think the number of swaps you've done is more important than the amount of time you've been here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
TheLilCrocheter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007 10:03:17 PM »

wow that really helped too thanks a ton!

-TheLilCrocheter
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Philip Fry
How to Draw Peter Pan
How to Draw Pekingse
How to Draw Patrick
Air Graffiti Wall Takes Street Art Off the Streets
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...