A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,173
Currently Running With Scissors:
325 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.  (Read 2058 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tappanga
Stop hatin', start participatin'!

Twinkle twinkle, baby!

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2004 01:14:09 PM »

Ha.

Anyway, because I am sick to freaking death of the last minute running and going crazy over Christmas, I've decided that next year's resolution is that I will make gifts all year long for next year. I want to make one per month (scarfs in January, picture frames in Feb or whatever) but I'm not sure what to make. I need some ideas. And they have to be unisex. Any ideas? Scarfs are def in there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.
charlieapple
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004 05:23:19 PM »

i was inspired to finally register because i thought this same thing this very morning in the shower. it is the best resolution ever; i hope you keep it, and i hope i do too.

how about making journals/notebooks? they're always fun to get, and the handmade type are the best!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
DrewsUSAgirl
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004 05:50:13 PM »

Scarves are an excellent idea!   
Photo frames & or albums, blank books
candles,  I tihnk even guys like basic candles. The ones in the silver tins with a lid are very nice, easy to travel with. You could do them in sets (say a light lavender-vanilla for night time & relaxing, a bright citrus for morning,  energizing & a sandelwood or ginger for um... "special times" 
lip balm  or solid massage bars. (very similar recipe to lip balm with some essentil oils added.)
Shoe de stinkers: use heat sealable tea bags stuffed with cinnamon chips, crdar chips & / or lavander. When iyu seal them add a ribbon or twine to the edge (abt12 inches long) slip them into shoes at night when oy take them off.

* try to plan your crafts to take seasonal clearance in mind:  like in Jan all Chritmas stuff is on sale, make ornaments for gifts for next year. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fl_mariposa
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004 06:48:14 PM »

To encourage you to stick to it you could start a "craftalong"-there's one going on right now. Each month is a different thing-purses, embroidery, scarves, etc. I'm sure lots of people would join, ask people for ideas for each month or something. I'd participate. This sounds like a great idea. I always say I'm going to do this but I always end up trying to do things last minute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

out of town until July 10th...I will respond to any messages then.
charlieapple
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2004 08:00:25 AM »

candles and soap and craftalongs are such great ideas!

do January White Sales still exist? (did i get this idea from old books/movies?) i was thinking that it's always nice to receive a new sheet set (like new underwear, it reduces the frequency of laundromat trips), and if said sheet set were embellished with simple embroidery, well! maybe not the most unisex gift ever but, i think, a sweet one nonetheless?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tappanga

Twinkle twinkle, baby!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2004 08:09:16 AM »

To encourage you to stick to it you could start a "craftalong"-there's one going on right now. Each month is a different thing-purses, embroidery, scarves, etc. I'm sure lots of people would join, ask people for ideas for each month or something. I'd participate. This sounds like a great idea. I always say I'm going to do this but I always end up trying to do things last minute.

Hahaha. I actually thought of this right after I posted this and thought I would delete this thread and start another as a craftalong, but I couldn't delete this one. I'll make the new one now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tappanga

Twinkle twinkle, baby!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2004 08:36:22 AM »

do January White Sales still exist? (did i get this idea from old books/movies?) i was thinking that it's always nice to receive a new sheet set (like new underwear, it reduces the frequency of laundromat trips), and if said sheet set were embellished with simple embroidery, well! maybe not the most unisex gift ever but, i think, a sweet one nonetheless?

Even if they don't exist, that's still a great idea. But since everyone has different sizes, maybe just the pillow cases? Or make shams for everyone in basic colors? Like maybe white and iron-on embroidery their initals onto it. Great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tappanga

Twinkle twinkle, baby!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2004 11:26:05 AM »

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=19889.0#msg161174
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2004 01:00:28 PM »

do January White Sales still exist? (did i get this idea from old books/movies?)

I don't know about white sales in general, but in my area the flannel sheets always go on sale in January.  The prices are very good compared to what they are in December.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
charlieapple
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2004 06:26:44 AM »

Even if they don't exist, that's still a great idea. But since everyone has different sizes, maybe just the pillow cases? Or make shams for everyone in basic colors? Like maybe white and iron-on embroidery their initals onto it. Great idea!

i'm glad you like the idea! i guess i was thinking that a whole sheet set would be nice for maybe closer family members (like i would love love love to have my act together enough to give some beautiful linens to my sister and mother)...but maybe pillowcases could be the core of an Anti-Laundromat Gift Set (for those who must leave their home to wash): pretty/fun extra pillowcases and also a few pairs of undies (with goofy monograms, screened designs, etc)...and maybe other stuff...socks? dish towels?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Fall Looks From Macy’s Glamorama Show
Ways To Wear Maxi Dresses For Fall
Five Essentials For Fall Fashions
New York Fashion Week Detail Cam: Shoes - Spring 2014
H&M Fashion Haul
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...