A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,663
Currently Running With Scissors:
584 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gift wrapping...aaaargh!  (Read 1154 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vintagechick
« on: December 14, 2004 10:49:53 AM »

Okay...so I've already used up my Christmas budget for the year, but I have all of my gifts purchased, so I guess that's all right.  I've wrapped most of them, but there's still 2 that need to be wrapped.  For those, I'm in need of some ideas. 

The first one is for my mom. I bought her a metal bucket with metal sunflowers attached to the sides (will go perfectly in her kitchen) and I made her a blue jean patchwork blanket.  I rolled the blanket up and stuck it in the bucket, but how do I wrap it?  I thought about just putting it in a box, but isn't that rather boring?

The second gift is for my dad.  I search high and low (literally went to 6 stores to find these) and finally found some vintage A&W Root Beer mugs (ended up getting them at the local antique mall for $4 each).  He loves frosty mug root beers (stick the mug in the freezer until it frosts and pour in a cold root beer).  So, I have two mugs, a 6-pack of his favorite root beer and package of pistachios (his favorite!).  How do I package all of this together? 

Please help...any ideas will be definitely appreciated, just keep in mind that the budget is low.  I do, however, have a full roll of wrapping paper left.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
da_hanstar
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004 12:06:56 PM »

The first one is for my mom. I bought her a metal bucket with metal sunflowers attached to the sides (will go perfectly in her kitchen) and I made her a blue jean patchwork blanket.  I rolled the blanket up and stuck it in the bucket, but how do I wrap it?  I thought about just putting it in a box, but isn't that rather boring?

Hi vintagechick
I think putting your mums present in a box is a good idea. You could do something like collage the box with pictures and colours that match her actual present.

As for your Dads present. You could wrap them all induvidually so he will think "Wow she got me lots of presents!" Wink
I hope that helps
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fl_mariposa
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004 01:49:14 PM »

Or you could get some of that shrink wrap stuff-it's like cellophane, you wrap it around your presents and then use a hairdryer to shrink it. I don't think it would be too expensive for 2 presents.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

out of town until July 10th...I will respond to any messages then.
706Designs
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" -Joseph Chilton Pearce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004 02:43:53 PM »

I saw in Budget living magazine taking copied pictures of your favorite sweater, gum wrappers, whatever, and using it as wrapping paper.  The mag stated that it takes 2 sheets of paper to wrap a standard shirt size box.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
DrewsUSAgirl
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004 02:59:11 PM »

If oyu have a box that your moms fits on do that & Make a box out of strips of the wrapping paper you have on hand, or use anytthing you have arouind the housr to make a "ribbon" to wrap aroud the box & a box or flower.     foil, news print,  yarn, ribbon that isn't really Holiday ribbon, twine, string, maps  can all be made into bows. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
atomiqt
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004 06:02:03 PM »

Are you saying that you don't know HOW to wrap the one for your mom or you don't know what to wrap it WITH?  Cause if it is the how to wrap it... I think I can help you.  My mom taught me how to wrap a present when I was five...  All you have to do is cut a square and put the present in the middle.  (If you need a bigger square to put it together with tape to make one big square)  Then fold it around the present and gather it at the top so it is all frilly.  Use ribbon or tape to hole it in place so it doesn't move.  Or, you could make it so that it is like a tube and gather it at both ends, but I am not sure that would work with a bucket because buckets are usually wider at the top, and that would sort of give it away...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get the Best Hairdressing Products
Stephanie’s Makeover with Shantal Dupon - Part 1/2
Stephanie’s Makeover with Shantal Dupon – Part 2/2
Salon Owner and Stylist Tips with Fabio Sementilli
ScissorBoy Bonus Video with Mark Hayes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...