A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,061
Currently Running With Scissors:
771 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ruby Rohd and Darkwing Duck  (Read 940 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Falafelmonster
« on: September 24, 2007 08:10:51 PM »

So this year for Halloween I plan on being Ruby Rohd from the Fifth Element. You know, the guy Chris Tucker plays? I want to do the leopard suit version(http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/9121/lecinquimelmentruby2ro.jpg).

I bought a 1xl sized leopard print long sleeved dress from Goodwill, and I plan on turning it into a jumpsuit. The dress buttons down the front and has more than enough fabric to play with.

I want people to be able to recognize me, unlike my costume from my Superhero Birthday Party when I was Darkwing Duck. Everyone thought I was Carmen Sandiego because I ran out of time to make a beak. Oh well...

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to make the dress into a one piece pants suit? Or ideas on how to make the wig? Right now I am thinking of taking a blond hairnet and weaving yarn through it and then sewing a toilet paper tube covered in yarn on the front. It might work... I hope.

So this isn't all text (sorry I couldn't post the actual pictures, I havn't posted 10 times yet..):
Me as Darkwing Duck

and me again as Darkwing and my boyfriend as Artie the Strongest Man in the World (From Pete and Pete...)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011 11:12:23 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
BonEsInspired
BonesInspired

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007 01:45:05 PM »

I'm really not sure about your costume for this year, but your DARKWING DUCK costume was awesome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

apriljane
They named the dog Indiana!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007 03:29:42 PM »

I'm assuming the leopard dress swallows you right now, right?

(btw-- Darkwing Duck-- AWESOME!)

You'll want to use krappy fabric to make a test-run on the collar...and my guess is that you'll have to have buckram or heavy-duty interfacing to get it to stand up like that.
You may also want to find a similar leopard print to use as the lining for the underside of the collar to keep as much of the original fabric free for use on the visible parts since the collar's so ridiculously tall.
I'd let out the front center and back center seams, and pin together slack pattern's legs and cut based on that.

As for the wig, you've got a good idea. You may also want to consider getting a blond (platinum) afro wig and trimming it down to about 1 inch in length all round. To make the swirl, pick up some platinum blonde KK (kanekalon, #613) hair  (like this: http://www.doctoredlocks.com/store/kk_jumbo.html ) from an ethnic hair shop or Doctored Locks.
Take a wad of hair, fold it over your fingers and secure it with a rubberband to make a loop, stitch it onto the wig, and then tease the hell out of it.
Then tease more. Then hairspray. Then Tease. Then use a hairdryer to melt and set the fibers a little.

You may also want to ask on the http://www.cosplay.com or http://hair.extra-muffins.com/ boards.

Good luck!!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007 03:36:17 PM by apriljane » THIS ROCKS   Logged

For Sale - wigs, clothes, costumes, shoes, jewelry:
Online Yard Sale!

My Wists

My Costuming Site (under construction)
amc-

Sometimes, I colour outside the lines on purpose.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007 09:23:48 PM »

I totally would have known your were Darkwing Duck. Sadly, I have no suggestions for this years costume.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm so crafty I make people. Lily-Ann was born February 23, 2012.
Baby #2 is due November 27, 2013.
SquidPrincess
cephalopod rockstar and all around space babe

just a (squid) girl and her zombie friend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007 12:44:42 PM »

Your Darkwing Duck costume was awesome. Your costume this year? Will probably be awesome. I have no suggestions, other than: rock on. you are awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Revolution is a trivial shift in the emphasis of suffering." --Tom Stoppard
http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m67/spooookypants/
la felicidad tiene tu nombre y tu piel
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hot Off the Red Carpet Prom Picks
Lawrence Zarian on Shapewear Dangers
How to Style a Casual School Outfit
Would You Wear This Outfit on Spring Break?
Voonik: The Personal Online Shopping Store at Microsoft Accelerator Program
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...