A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
696 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: brimmed slouchy hat(6pics) pattern added(pg1)  (Read 26413 times)
Tags for this thread: hat , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tenille
« on: September 24, 2007 12:58:54 PM »

I made this brimmed slouchy hat last night. I wanted something that i could wear that would fit over my hair. I'm not completely happy with the brim,but I think I'll make a couple more and tweak the brim. but here it is.

It's so sad that I decided to make this hat instead of clean this mirror

here's what it looks like without the brim. I like it this way too.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Pattern is here!

If you have massive tons of hair (for example really long locked hair) you might want to add in multiples of row 10 and it will make the hat more oblong to fit your hair.

Ok, you can start with a joined chain or with a magic circle. I like the magic circle personally, but its up to you.

1.   Ch 3. 11dc in ring join (12 dc)

2.   Ch 3. dc in same stitch as ch3. 2dc in each stitch around join (24)

3.   Ch 3. dc in same stitch as ch3. *1dc in next stitch. 2dc next stitch* repeat from *to* around join (36)

4.   Ch 3. dc in same stitch as ch3. *1dc in next stitch. 2dc next stitch* repeat from  *to* around join (48)

5.   Ch 3. dc in same stitch as ch3. *1dc in next 2 stitches. 2dc next stitch* repeat from *to* around join (60)

6.   Ch 3. dc in same stitch as ch3. *1dc in next 3 stitches. 2dc next stitch* repeat from around join (72)

7.   Ch 3. dc in same stitch as ch3. *1dc in next 4 stitches. 2dc next stitch* repeat from around join (84)

8.   Ch 3. dc in same stitch as ch3. *1dc in next 5 stitches. 2dc next stitch* repeat from around join (96)

9.   Ch 3. dc in same stitch as ch3. *1dc in next 5 stitches. 2dc next 6 stitches* repeat from around join (108)

10.   Ch 3. dc in next stitch and in each stitch around. Join

Decrease begins  here (I didnt count the number of stitches per row for these rows. keep in mind this fits my giant head, so you may need to add in a couple more or less decreases before you do the brim. I'd suggest trying it on after row 16 to see if you need to decrease more. you can do it two ways. #1 add in more decrease rows. #2 change the number of decreases in row 16. Ex. dc in fewer stitches before each decrease.)

11.   Ch 3. dc in next 10 ten stitches. Decrease. B *1 dc in next 11 stitches. Decrease* repeat from *to* around. (Youll decrease about 8 times. Just dc in any extra stitches after the last decrease to finish the row) join

12.   Ch 3. dc in next 8 stitches. Decrease. B *1 dc in next 9 stitches. Decrease* repeat from *to* around. join

13.   Ch 3. dc in next 5 stitches. Decrease. B *1 dc in next 6 stitches. Decrease* repeat from *to* around. join

14.   Ch 3. dc in next 2 stitches. Decrease. B *1 dc in next 3 stitches. Decrease* repeat from *to* around. join

15.   Ch 3. 1dc in next stitch and each stitch around.

16.   Ch3. dc in next 9 stitches. Decrease. B *1 dc in next 10 stitches. Decrease* repeat from *to* around. join. fasten off.

Brim starts here! If you stop here itll look more like a giant snood/hairnet.  I double stranded the brim to make it stiffer. If you dont want to you can probably not fasten it off on row 16 and start the brim from there with a ch1. If you read ahead, you can see where I was just making up the brim as I went along. You can choose to use whatever stitches you want for the brim but I think the basic concepts still gonna work about the same. Next time Im gonna do all my dc rows before I start in on my sced rows. As is, I was just trying to make the brim, look visually how I wanted to. I had to go back and count afterwards. If/when I fine tune the brim, I'll come back and repost it.

1.   Join yarn in any stitch on the edge of hat. Slip stitch in same stitch. sc, hdc, dc in next 20 stitches (more if you want the brim to be wider) hdc,sc, slip stitch. Turn.

2.   ch1.slip stitch in previous sc. Sc in previous hdc. 2dc in each of the next 2 stitches. 1dc in each of the next 14 stitches. 2dc in each of the next 2 stitches. Hdc. Sc. Slip stitch. Turn. (slip stitch should end in 1st sc of row 1)

3.   ch1.slip stitch in previous sc. Sc in previous hdc. 2dc in each of the next 2 stitches. 1dc in each of the next 16 stitches. 2dc in each of the next 2 stitches. Hdc. Sc. Slip stitch. Turn. (slip stitch should end in 1st sc of row 2)

4.   ch1. sc in slip stitch and each stitch across ending in slip stitch. Turn.

5.   ch1. sc hdc dc across row. In last 2 stitches of row (hdc, sc) turn.

6.   ch1. sc across row.

7.   ch1. sc around entire hat (brim and all) fasten off and weave in the ends.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007 11:05:48 AM by Tenille - Reason: pattern added on page 1 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm on Ravelry Now!!! my usrname is Libraryhooker

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tenille
www.libraryhooker.b logspot.com

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."-Terry Pratchett
Pheather

I am full of p and v....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007 01:08:55 PM »

I love that, as always with your stuff.  What yarn did you use?

If you decide to post a tutorial I would love it (or a link to the pattern)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tenille
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007 01:15:09 PM »

It's brown Red Heart. I have to go back tonight and figure out wha tI did, cause i knew what I wanted and I jsut sorta made it up as I went along. I really wanted the back to be super long. I'll post a tute for you as soon as I have one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm on Ravelry Now!!! my usrname is Libraryhooker

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tenille
www.libraryhooker.b logspot.com

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."-Terry Pratchett
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007 02:04:17 PM »

That's really awesome! Love the brim!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
homebunnyj
Maker of interesting things

Asheville rocks!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007 02:12:57 PM »

Oh, Tenille, it's perfect! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

samistrange
Being surly is my superpower.

Yeah yeah, blah-dey blah blah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007 02:36:00 PM »

Tenille, your projects are always so cute, you're adorable, and you always make me smile!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://gaugebeforebeauty.blogster.com/

Of course tattoos hurt...they're applied with needles, not kitten whiskers and bunny tails.
Pheather

I am full of p and v....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007 02:39:25 PM »

Thanks Tenille, I certainly can wait.  I hope I wasn't the annoying tute begging type! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluffybaka

The Lil Hippies are taking over!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007 02:41:16 PM »

I love the hat!  It's something I would totally wear, and am actually in the midst of making.   Grin

P.S. - Your chair matches my couch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.CraftyHippy.etsy.com
Eco-friendly items, patterns, hippies, and more.

I'm on Ravelry, too!
http://www.ravelry.com/designers/stephanie-horn
lanina
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007 08:59:40 PM »

It looks so good on you, with and without the brim Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
multicrafty
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007 03:59:40 AM »

Looks beautiful.  I love how slouchy it is and the brim looks really nice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Curry to go with your Beer
Thai Foodcast: Thai Basil Chicken
Easy International Cantonese Steamed Fish
Easy International Vietnamese Spring Rolls
Shanghai Pork/Easy International
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...