A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
342 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shag Bag Tutorial___  (Read 65548 times)
Tags for this thread: bag , purse , tutorial , shag , tote , chenille , quilted_chenille  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chrissiemags
Chrissie's Custom Creations

Is there such a thing as too much fabric or ribbon

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007 07:53:14 AM »

Awww, you make me blush...see I told you they were addicting LOL 
Ok so I can inspire you with a simple rag bag and you inspire me with your pursettes, aprons (I have 2 killer ones, a craft one that is to DIE for and one to wear in the kitchen that I LOVE LOVE LOVE), booty bags, and I can't forget your snow monster who sits on the shelf in my sewing room and keeps me cool when the seam ripper and the not so pleasant words come out LOL
aaaagggg  and  the  true  master at work.  great  job on  all.  now the  ladies see  why  you  inspire me!

Yes shorty3boys I clip the exposed seams prior to washing, this will help add fray to the frayed edge.  Keep in mind this is a PAIN IN THE BUTT!  I have special scissors to help with this they do not have regular scissor handles (with the hole to put your fingers into) they have a "straight" handle and you hold them like you would hold a pair of pliers if that makes sense. Feel free to ask if it doesn't make sense.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chrissie's Custom Creations
~Offering Laser Cut Scrapbook Embellishments~ Trendy & Classic Hair Accessories~ Cute as Can be Bottle Cap Images~Bottle Cap Jewelry
susankg53
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007 12:38:28 PM »

Love the bags, everyone of them is so cool. I have a bunch of new fabric and old that would work so great together. Thanks for the tutorial and the inspiration.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftMomNancy
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007 12:56:13 PM »

aprons (I have 2 killer ones, a craft one that is to DIE for and one to wear in the kitchen that I LOVE LOVE LOVE), booty bags, and I can't forget your snow monster

I want to see the aprons and the snow monster too.Smiley Your bags are great.
Nancy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007 02:35:51 PM »

apron
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/jubalint/101_0953.jpg

craft apron
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/jubalint/swap%20stuff/101_0579.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/jubalint/swap%20stuff/101_0578.jpg

snow bug
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/jubalint/swap%20stuff/101_0573.jpg

and pursett
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/jubalint/swap%20stuff/101_0575.jpg   its got lots of pockets to hold all your stuff so you can change purses easily.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
CraftMomNancy
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007 07:54:06 PM »

Thanks for posting pictures. The apron is almost to pretty to use. The craft apron is great. I need one of those,I never remember where I leave my stuff while sewing. The monster is cute and your pursett looks really nice.
Nancy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MISSCRISSY
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008 08:58:45 PM »

hi, I love your John Deere purse too cute .My only question is that your purses look a bit more thicker more like a quilt than the instruction given,Did you use something different in between your lining and the front pieces other than low loft batting or interfacing??thanks again love the purses all very cute.,
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinklrt
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008 05:13:07 AM »

Thanks for posting the directions - that's a really fun bag and the best part is you don't have to worry about turning it when you're done!

I also really like the craft apron - why haven't I thought of that before? I lose my scissors and pins all the time when I'm sewing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2008 06:00:28 AM »

ok  sorry I haven't responded and thanks for all the great comments.  yes Chrissiemaggs  adds the extra thickness and it gives it that extra  something.  I  think she uses batting but not 100% sure.   you could use fleece I would guess. you jsut sut it a bit smallet that the sguares and sandwhich it all together before you sew the pieces together.

I belive chrissiemaggs sandwhiches each square (theres teh quilters X on them)  then does each square  as outside, padding and lining as all one piece.   then you are making the sides and front and back and handles and just placing it all together.   
If anyone wants I can attempt  a tute that way this summer. (I will need at least a month if not more got too much on the plate now)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
MISSCRISSY
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2008 06:58:46 AM »

jloveg  Thanks so much for that I appreciate it.. Thank you for putting these instructions on here too,I have been wanting to do this for some time and couldn't never find a web site that offered it . Thanks again. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2008 07:50:15 AM »

no prob   and honestly chrissiemags deserves all the credit  I used her design.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Spicy Chicken Curry Recipe
Momofuku Culinary Lab Creates Flavor Explosion
How to Make a 90 Second Thai Chicken Pizza
Easy Chicken Curry Recipe
How to Prepare Homemade Lo Mein
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...