A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
400 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Another "What can I make for my boyfriend?" post  (Read 1481 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

roysie
« on: December 14, 2004 07:42:49 AM »

I'm buying my boyfriend one thing this year, since money is pretty tight. It's the Complete Cadence recordings by the Everly Brothers, by the way. So I want to have something else to give to him, but I don't know what. He's very supportive of my craftiness, so I know he'd appreciate whatever I make, I just want to make something that he'll actually use. Let me tell you a little about him:

- He's 28, but he's more my age at heart (20)
- Loves music. Has over 1200 cds. His taste runs the gamut from Beatles to Bob Dylan to Miles Davis to Hank Williams Sr. to Supertramp to The Clash. He doesn't play any instruments, but he's a scholar when it comes to popular music history.
- Doesn't like sweets, so I can't bake for him.
- Has a very dry and caustic sense of humor.
- He loves reading and books and literature.
- Conservative in lifestyle, but liberal in politics. Not religious, hates Bush, pro-civil rights.
- Doesn't spend much on himself except when it comes to music.

He's really very much like myself, which is why it's so frustrating for me to not have any ideas. Please help!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft Addict

"She's crafty- and she's just my type"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004 07:51:06 AM »

Maybe stencil his favorite band on a shirt or on a storage box for 7"s.  You could  decoupage pics of his favorite bands on a box or notebook.  A cozy for an Ipod or walkman.  Make wacky band stickers on the computer. Stencil a cd holder.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
roysie
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004 08:10:49 AM »

A t-shirt! Yes, I remember he had asked me to make him a stencil tee. Thanks! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft Addict

"She's crafty- and she's just my type"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004 10:37:18 AM »

I just thought of another idea.  Someone posted on here about making celebrity ornaments.  Michaels & AC Moore sell paper mache or cardboard ornaments that you can paint and decoupage.  You could put your boyfriend's favorite bands on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CrazyFool
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004 11:38:32 AM »

Im in the same situation with my boyfriend and I want to make him something to. So what Im doing is making him a painting. This might be hard to explain. Im taking the picture of nirvana that is on the box set where they are wearing suits and deviding it into 3 equal sections where one member of the band is in each section, and painting it on 3 seperat canvases. So if you put all 3 together it makes one picture but still looks good seperated too. Make sence? And im doing the picture almost the same way you do the stencils. where its just black and white and i mess with the threshold so its just shapes making up the picture. Instead of just black and white im doing each canvas eaither blue green or yellow. My babys favorite colors. and then im doing what would be black blue yellow or green. Contrasting the other color? Kinda a worhal kinda thing. I was thinking maybe you could do something like that with the beatles, You said he liked them. Might be cool. Just a suggestion. But whatever you make him ill sure hell love it because it came from you. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well...Damn The Man!!!
carlyleech
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004 11:43:48 AM »

Definitely check out the "Techniques: Stencils" section!  Here's a link to a really good tutorial.  I'm not sure where it is, but also check out the Steve Buscemi Bleach thread thingummy if you haven't already!!!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=3225.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A grass-blade's no easier to make than an oak."
                  -James Russell Lowell
aprilkiss
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004 12:09:33 PM »

along with the 'stencil' idea...here's some shot girlie shot glasses i made using home made stencils and etching cream.
hope the picture comes out...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.zeldasfitz.blogspot.com
"papa was a rodeo,
mama was a rock n roll band..."
recyclednew
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2004 10:45:46 AM »

If you go to http://www.chivascircle.com and once you enter the site click on gift lables, you can personalize up to 5 that they will send you for free! I'm making a memory book for my guy and putting one on the front, and putting photos, poems, etc inside that are signifigant to us and our relationship. (He's into photography, poetry and art!) You can put the lables on anything and the fact that it's personalized just for him makes it really special! I also though of making him a CD rack out of a record, which is posted somewhere on craftster! (I think it's in misc completed projests but I can't remember for sure!) Anyway, you could even put a personalized label on something like that to make it extra special!  Cheesy Just some thoughts...
 Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

art is a drug in which i cannot live without!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Hemp Necklace with Felted Balls
How to Make a Ring Around The Felts Bracelet
YG Mezz Test MP
Sustainable Rings Made from Old Gold Jewelry
How to Make Polymer Clay Beads
Latest Blog Articles
Get Lost in a Book
Meatless Monday: Banana-Pineberry Bread
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...