A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,318
Currently Running With Scissors:
472 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: doggie sweater from a knitting loom.......yea me!  (Read 3230 times)
Tags for this thread: pet_sweater , dog_sweater , knitting_loom  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bruisinraincloud
☺B U L L Y☺

bully

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: September 23, 2007 01:48:19 PM »

hello, gang!

we have this silly little dog that just shivers all of the time & I worry about him being really cold at night (and it's not even winter here yet!)

I made this up along the way as I loomed it. I couldn't find a pattern for a loom sweater for a dog....

this is my first try

he didn't know what to think about it here.....lol

it makes me feel better to know that he will be a wee bit warmer. The next ones I loom I'm going to make a few small changes, but I'm still pretty happy with how they turned out especially since I made it up as I went! (if you knew me you'd be amazed I did this. LOL)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nothing tastes as good as being fit feels! Did you workout today???
Mienna
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007 02:05:16 PM »

It's very cute, and what a cute pup!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mezofoprezo

paint MY name on the bathroom stalls.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007 02:05:50 PM »

This is insane! I was just looking for rat terrier dog sweaters online for MY rattie, and then I click recentw/pics and see this!

Nice job, adorable rat terrier. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not as easy as it was
or as difficult as it could be
for the Samurai in autumn

My blog!
http://mezofoprezo.blogspot.com
bruisinraincloud
☺B U L L Y☺

bully

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007 02:08:01 PM »

aweee thank y'all so much!!!!!!

He's a really good boy. He was a stray, believe it or not......and he was not loved by anyone...bless his heart.........

but my hubby (the one that at least pretends to be tough) fell for him & wa la he's here.....

he is so silly......this dog......not my groom......LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soobeeoz
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007 02:34:32 PM »

The sweater looks really smart, and I love the colour combo.  Poor little puppie!  It's easy to see he's well-loved now though.   Smiley  He has a very sweet face, and cute ears.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please feel free to check out my Dating and Tiffany Ring blogs.  A few more are listed on my profile page.  Smiley

http://www.safedatings.com

http://www.cheapweddingringssets.com
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007 03:12:46 PM »

Aww! So cute!

I wish my doggie would actually like wearing her clothes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
rorosity
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007 03:55:00 PM »

Oh how cuteeee!!!  I have 3 rat terriers.  I tried to put clothes on the tiny one and he hated it.  Maybe he would like a sweater.  I might give it a try. 

Rat terriers are the best dogs.  They are so smart and loving.  I am so glad you gave yours a good home.  They make really great companions.  I just showed my husband this post...he is crazy about  ratties, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craft-matic
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007 08:04:30 AM »

Ooooooohh, I have a rat terrier mix too! (rat/italian greyhound, so he's like a tall skinny rat).  He was on death row in a pound here in Georgia, but was rescued by the sheriff's wife and brought to a rescue in Atlanta, because she thought he had a good chance at adoption here.  Boy, was she right.  He's tuxedo.  And he also shivers all the time; sometimes when he's actually cold, and sometimes when he is just excited or contrite or otherwise overcome with emotion, which is basically all the time.

My family has drawn the uncanny comparison between Eddie (my boy) and Dobbie the House Elf.  It's all too true, and if I had trick-or-treaters, I would definitely dress him up in a pillowcase for Halloween.  I've never met such an eager-to-please little pup.

Anyhow, to make sure I bring it back to topic, they're good dogs for sweaters, since they're skinny and small and look so cute in them.  Bruisin, yours is very dapper and looks adorable.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Work is love made visible.
                            --Kahlil Gibran

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted.           
                            --Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
PaperBag
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007 10:56:53 AM »

... and if I had trick-or-treaters, I would definitely dress him up in a pillowcase for Halloween. 

Okay. That settles it! My rattie is SO going to be Dobby this Halloween!  Cheesy (I was unsure of what to humilate him in dress him up as, but that's such a great idea Smiley

I love that sweater! I tried making my rat a sweater on a blue loom once and it turned out to be an awful disaster! You did a great job Smiley

And kinda sorta off topic, but is your dog's ear permanently flopped over that way??? We got our rat from an organization that rehomes unloved dogs (Unloved ratties... blasphemy, no?)... and he's got a permanently floppy ear because his previous owners didn't take him to the vet to remove stitches after getting a hematoma (sp??) removed from his ear. Mean. Anyways, I saw your dog's floppy ear and smiled a little- Now maybe my pup will know he's not the only one Wink Everyone makes fun of him for it LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bruisinraincloud
☺B U L L Y☺

bully

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007 01:37:53 PM »

I made this one on the red  loom, but I'm gonna have to go up to the next size cause hes a little wider than I thought.giggles.

His ear was like that when he came to our door half starved, eat up with mange, and even the tip of his tail was missing. (our neighbours are the original owners & we've had to rescue 7 or so animals after they've put them out for not being puppies anymore (thats the only thing I can figure out anyway.) Lil' man tried to fight off another dog that was attacking Puddy (a dog we were housing until adoption) and I don't know exactly when the ear became that way, it just started doing it.

we are suckers animal lovers & bring in/adopt out up to 12 animals per year. We cant do anymore than that due to regulations (stupid laws) that we've been told they have here.

My hubby fell in love with this doggie & nursed him back to health. This silly doggie just loves popsicles and he will 'talk' to me & no one else (drives my hubby crazy).

He is scared of the rain. (aweee) and if a dog on tv barks or someone knocks on the door or even a door on tv (like a show we are watching) he will alert us.

He loves my kids. He calls them the boy and the girl (or at least I do when he is 'talking' (see above) to him. He turns his head from side to side as I'm talking. He takes a million steps a day just following us around. How cute is he?

when you think about what the other 'owners' (for lack of better word) missed out with him & the other animals its a real sad thing. Some people don't realize that animals sometimes forget to 'go' and they get excited and don't just stay puppies forever. It makes me so mad at people when they come to my door wanting to throw an animal away....can you believe people are that cruel?

anyway, I ramble......sorry!

give me a PM if you'd like me to try & loom your doggies one. It only took me like a day & I'd be glad to make & send your doggie one........with only 1 count it 1 condition...

you have to take a pic of the doggie.....giggles.......LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
"CHEAT: A Man’s Guide to Infidelity" Infomercial
Annie Lederman Interviews Joe DeRosa on Cheat
John Norcross on Sustaining Behavior Change
The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury
Sarah Beth Durst on Her Book Vessel
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...