A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,046
Currently Running With Scissors:
733 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Transformers Toque **Link to Pattern on Page 1**  (Read 28765 times)
Tags for this thread: transformers , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pregnantknitting
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2007 01:05:07 PM »

ACK!  I just went back to read ALL the replies (guess one should do that BEFORE casting on...) and I see that it's a 'baby weight'.  This is awful...I may have to leave my house and purchase more yarn...and wait like 20 extra minutes before starting this project.  Is there ANY way I can do this with a sport-weight yarn?  Will it look terrible?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
subloke
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2007 02:07:22 PM »

ACK!  I just went back to read ALL the replies (guess one should do that BEFORE casting on...) and I see that it's a 'baby weight'.  This is awful...I may have to leave my house and purchase more yarn...and wait like 20 extra minutes before starting this project.  Is there ANY way I can do this with a sport-weight yarn?  Will it look terrible?

what is the stitch/row gauge you are getting with the sport weight?  You may have to adjust your cast on.  I would take stitches out of the side panels (a multiple of 5).  It might affect your row gauge too though, which might make the hat too tall.  Unless you like your hats long, which some people might do. 

The names for the different weights of yarn are always really confusing to me.  I know the feeling of wanting to start NOW and wanting to work with what I have available...  What size needles are you using with the yarn you have? 

Also, my tension is always tighter when I knit in the round, so when my swatch (the rare times I attempt a swatch) is a bit loose, I know it will tighten up when I knit in the round. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you can't be a good example then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

http://yesimadethat.blogspot.com
lisa_zacharias
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2007 10:18:03 AM »

Thank you thank you THANK YOU  for putting up the pattern!  When I first saw this post I ran to my mom's to borrow her knitting needles and got my first lesson in casting on and knitting and purling.  I have made two pairs of mittens now and one sock; so I think I'm ready to make this toque for the boy!   I am learning knitting just to make this!  My boy is going to FREAK!   This post ROCKS!!! Thank you so much!  Yay!  -Lisa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

First I had a plate and no serviette.  Now I have a serviette and no plate and I need more jam.
http://www.pixiekist.etsy.com  and **NEW***  http://www.pixiekist.net !!!!  Not much there yet, but soon!   More pics of my stuff; please comment! -Lisa
subloke
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2007 12:33:26 PM »

Thank you thank you THANK YOU  for putting up the pattern!  When I first saw this post I ran to my mom's to borrow her knitting needles and got my first lesson in casting on and knitting and purling.  I have made two pairs of mittens now and one sock; so I think I'm ready to make this toque for the boy!   I am learning knitting just to make this!  My boy is going to FREAK!   This post ROCKS!!! Thank you so much!  Yay!  -Lisa

WHOA!!  Way to go with learning so quickly!  Have you posted pics of your mittens and sock?  Can't wait to see the finished project... 

(the Boy mildly endured my excitement when I saw the pic on the "featured projects" listing.  He doesn't "get" Craftster...  silly Boy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fudderduds
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2007 09:58:05 PM »

I am currently giving you a standing ovation!  This is an amazing piece!  Your boy is very lucky.  I love the reversible-ness of it. 

-Drew

I like adding ness to the end of random words Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
apalone
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2007 04:04:53 AM »

The hat is just too cool!  Thanks for putting together the pattern.  I have a little bud that will be over the top excited to get this for his birthday.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kirrashi
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2007 09:28:03 AM »

This is awesome. a friend and I are going to try and use this pattern for chainmaille. Smiley we love you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
linuxchik
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2007 09:56:20 AM »

omg. the awesomeness of that hat brings a tear to my eye...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
subloke
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2007 10:22:00 AM »

I know I keep saying this, but thank you for all the encouragement and excitement over this toque and pattern!  I'm having a lousy day at work today (coworkers, who needs em?) and stopped in here for a hit of happy and look what happened?  People ARE nice!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amber555
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2007 02:19:21 PM »

Thanks for posting the pattern. These are the best looking patterns for the Tranformer Icons that I've seen online, and believe me I've been looking. I'm thinking of making an illusion knitting scarf with the Autobot logo at one end and the Decepticon logo at the other. Now I'm just trying to decide what colours would suit it best. If I get something made, I'll post it. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started my own crochet blog, have a look...http://cthulhucrochet.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Iron On Transfer Patterns
How to Pick Scrapbook Supplies
How to Make a Scrapbook
How to Make Christmas Decorations
How to Put Together a Black Collage
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...