A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,630
Currently Running With Scissors:
593 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Chloe Toes Fitted Diapers size small  (Read 1633 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

happyfrog
« on: September 22, 2007 08:54:13 AM »

I just finished these diapers.

They make me smile..

'sides, what's not to smile about putting brocade on a baby?  Smiley   It's going to be a shame to put a diaper cover on these!

Good thing next baby is due in spring - hopefully no diaper cover needed - just a tshirt and diaper!  Smiley

should explain the white cap you see on each diaper is a size engraved cap so i can keep all my diapers straight with a simple look see at the right wing.  Smiley

« Last Edit: September 22, 2007 08:55:21 AM by happyfrog » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.answeredprayers.aboutmybaby.com
mommy to three amazing children on earth!  Smiley
miss_k

"button, button...who's got the button?!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007 08:56:45 AM »

absolutely love those! did you use cotton on the inside? and what did you use in between the fabric? your baby (or whomever's baby) is going to be stylin'! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
happyfrog
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007 09:03:47 AM »

absolutely love those! did you use cotton on the inside? and what did you use in between the fabric? your baby (or whomever's baby) is going to be stylin'! Cheesy

I'm glad you like them, too!  Smiley 

I made the soaker 6 layers - mostly flannel - used the scraps from cutting out my outers.  (I have about a dozen more size smalls that I need to apply the FOE to - just do it in between caring for my 2 young boys.  Smiley

It's 1 full body outer layer (and 1 full body inner layer is flannel) and the 6 soaker layers.  Smiley

I personally have NO problems with putting 'girly' stuff on boys - I'm the one doing the diaper laundry (currently have 2 in diapers and expect to have 3 at once in diapers when this next baby is born) so as long as I smile when dealing with the diapers, that's what matters.  *grin*

BettyAnn

« Last Edit: September 22, 2007 09:05:30 AM by happyfrog » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kargrrl

Everything is good Crafterall!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007 11:10:36 AM »

I personally have NO problems with putting 'girly' stuff on boys - I'm the one doing the diaper laundry (currently have 2 in diapers and expect to have 3 at once in diapers when this next baby is born) so as long as I smile when dealing with the diapers, that's what matters.  *grin*

BettyAnn,

Lovely diapers! Nice work.

I'm with you on the decorative diapers topic. Most diaper-age kids don't know who the heck Elmo is. My idea? Parenting knock-knock jokes, inspirational quotes, little poems, parenting tips, etc.

Those brocade covers say: posh!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teddybr_crazy
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007 11:12:46 AM »

To cute for words!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lions, tigers and bears oh my!
BethinAK
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007 11:19:24 PM »

I'm wondering how you find the time to sew with two little ones but think the diapers are just gorgeous.  Why shouldn't they poop in brocade?  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
happyfrog
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007 07:04:05 AM »

Smiley  I find time by letting the kids fling food all around the kitchen while i sew at the table, lol.

I just finished stitching up another 13 diapers - for a total of 15 in this particular pattern and size. . .

I made these a couple weeks ago:  (these are Very Baby fitted diapers - size small - there's a dozen of them)

I want to make another dozen diapers in small - leaning towards the ct pattern and then I can make more mediums for my boys that wear that size now.  Smiley  I also cut out a bunch of diaper covers out of colored sandwich pul that I need to apply foe to but I'm running low and not sure when my next coop order will arrive. . . 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angeleyes410
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007 11:15:36 AM »

Those are amazing!! I ADORE cloth diapers, and yours look awesome. I soo NEED a snap press!!!
My velcro is just making me angry now. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

happyfrog
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007 12:29:33 PM »

you all make me smile with your positive comments!

i got my snap press from serena in china.  she's awesome.  she opens her group for new members every once in a while. 

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/notionsupply/

I LOVE my snap press and snap collection.  I got my engraved size snaps from:  http://www.thesnapstore.com/catalog/
along some snaps that serena doesn't stock (serena sells only b1-b36 on the kam color chart - and she's just started a few custom colors, but they're one time deals - which is why i like the snap store for the 'extra' colors.

to make my snaps more practical for me, if you look closely at my pics you will notice that the sockets and studs are reversed on similar colored diapers - so that i need equal portions of sockets and studs instead of many more sockets and caps than studs/caps.  works well for me, so when i run low on colors, i just restock in equal portions, so as i make things that are not diaper related, i have matching sets available.

I personally HATE aplix and touchtape and since my two currently in diapers LOVE to take off their diapers that are aplix/touchtape, I've converted most of their diapers to snaps only - even on the prefolds!  (I love prefolds they're just so practical!)

bettyann

ps  i still think the brocade diapers are my ultimate favorite, though - they just make me smile when i even think of them.  *grin*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007 01:25:49 PM »

very nice! may i ask, what did you bind the edges with(and where did you get it if it's unusual)? i see serging on some and bias (tape, elastic, ribbing?) on others.
i'm waiting on some fabric and waterproof backing myself and thinking that i'm going to forgo the velcro. the idea of my wee one being able to take off her own pants when i'm not looking and she wants to escape from what's in them...well...snaps it is then!

have you read anything about elimination communication? my girl is 12 weeks now and i've decided that once i get some pants made up for her i'm going to try EC. she's so much more aware and communicative than my little boy was as a baby, i think it will work for us.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Stop Camtasia Studio From Lagging
How to Use Basic Light Rays - Sony Vegas Tutorial
How to Use the Zoom Effect in Camtasia Studio
How to Put a Watermark in Camtasia Recordings
How to Make a Watermark - Adobe Fireworks
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...