A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,374
Currently Running With Scissors:
645 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Banana Republic Hat Knockoff *big pics* **Now with PATTERN!**  (Read 81756 times)
Tags for this thread: hat , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jessdell
« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2007 10:58:42 AM »

am i stupid? i was wondering whether the k11 part was a typo. is it supposed to be k10?

if not, there's only 1 stitch left at the end, so what two stitches am i knitting together? and oh, is it completely necessary to switch to dpns? cause mine are too short to accomodate that many stitches.

i find it unbelievable that i've been knitting for so long, but when it comes to knitting in the round, i'm inept.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PolymerJanna

I'm pro-crafting!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 14, 2007 12:28:59 PM »

i think yours is better than the BR one
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spirals420
I swear to the stars... I'll burn this whole city down

turn it up, so you know it's got soul... jellyroll

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #122 on: October 14, 2007 04:03:41 PM »

am i stupid? i was wondering whether the k11 part was a typo. is it supposed to be k10?

if not, there's only 1 stitch left at the end, so what two stitches am i knitting together? and oh, is it completely necessary to switch to dpns? cause mine are too short to accomodate that many stitches.

i find it unbelievable that i've been knitting for so long, but when it comes to knitting in the round, i'm inept.

which pattern are you referring to...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluesmom

See my work on Ravelry: ILoveMath.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2007 06:04:16 PM »

Here's my hat!  I used one ENTIRE skein of Manos del Uruguay, held double.  I added a couple rows before decreasing, and then added a few more rows near the end.  I need to recenter the button on this, but after that, yippee!!
Thanks for the pattern!  I will be making my husband one this time... actually, this was supposed to be his, but I ran out of yarn.   Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2007 06:10:07 PM »

Really nice! Love the color!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
spirals420
I swear to the stars... I'll burn this whole city down

turn it up, so you know it's got soul... jellyroll

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2007 06:58:24 PM »

yeah thats a great color nice work
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jessdell
« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2007 07:41:26 PM »

the original pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ju7ia
Baroque Soprano, Guerilla Cosmetologist, Rollergirl, Fair Weather Knitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2007 08:04:21 PM »

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post on Craftster; I've been a lurker for a while. I saw this hat and immediately went to my LYS to get some big ol' yarn. This is Cascade Lana Grande in #6031 - a really pretty vibrant plum color. The button is hand-hammered copper that I flipped over cos on the backside it was oxidized and had some pretty purples in it. Sorry for the quality of the pic; my camera died and I had to use the iphoto thing in m laptop. Also, please ignore my brastraps showing; it's still pretty warm here in Baltimore!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/Glamagrrl/Photo241.jpg
(I'm not allowed to post real pics yet!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
metaphysical_muse
Beets. Bears. Battlestar Galactica.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2007 09:27:49 AM »

Ju7ia, that hat is beautiful!! I love the color of it with the copper button (I'm also a sucker for purple tones).

bluesmom, great hat, too! I've never worked with Manos before. Is it as soft and cozy as it looks??

The K11 isn't a typo. It's just how the numbers worked out after I bound off the sts for the button flap. In retrospect, I could have bound off one more sts for the button flap and then had all K10s- I was just worried about the hat being really tight- I prefer a looser fit. For the k2tog, it's that extra last stitch and the first stitch to join the two ends together since the hat has been knit flat up until this point. Depending on the length of the circulars you're using you might not need to switch to dpns until you start the crown decreases. I used long circs because I couldn't get all of the band sts to fit on straight needles, so I had to switch to dpns in order for the diameter of the hat to be correct. Hope that answers all your questions! Good luck on the hat. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluesmom

See my work on Ravelry: ILoveMath.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2007 12:45:18 PM »

The Manos is definitely cozy.  I have had this skein for years and didn't know what to do with it because it's still a little rough for my tastes.  But as a hat it's great because the hair provides a buffer between the wool and my skin... I seem to be allergic to animal fibers  Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Add Smaller Images to a Larger One
How to Use a Mask and Brush Tool in Photoshop
How to Put a Zoom blur on the background of a photo
How to Remove Person from the background of a photo
How to Change the Color of Background Mat
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...