A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,663
Currently Running With Scissors:
591 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I heard this is illegal (acrylic nails) And glitter tips!  (Read 37974 times)
Tags for this thread: acrylic_nails , nail_polish  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Malibukasey
If your stomach feels weak then, my work here is done

(::) (::)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007 07:30:31 PM »

YES!!! For the money tips go to sallys get IBD brand Gel Resin. It is in a white bottle that looks and smells like super glue nail adhesive! Then get a small bottle of the wraps accelerator. If you need help, ask a store clerk to show you exactly what I told you.

1. Prep your nails by making sure they are dry and cuticles pushed back

2. Trim the paper or fabric you want to cover your nail. It can extend the tip a little because once the chemicals are on the paper/fabric, you can file it like your own nails.

3. brush a thin layer of gel resin on your entire nail surface and quickly lay your paper/fabric over your nail. Cut a small 2 inch square piece out of a ziploc bag and smooth out bubbles (this helps so your finger doesnt stick)

4. Apply a thin layer of gel resin over entire nail again (now with your applied image) and spray a light mist of your accelerator over your nail that you just brushed. The accelerator dries the gel resin instantly.DO NOT do thick layers of either gel resin or accelerator as these are chemicals and too much of either or both will get really HOT!!! IT takes one time and you will know what you did wrong!!not to mention there will be uneveness in the surface caused by bubbles.

5. Layer as many layers as you would like for desired thickness.... File, Buff and add a top coat! THe best top coat is Out THe Door...also at Sallys. THen I want to see pics!!! Any questions feel free to PM me!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitschkween
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007 07:36:41 PM »

wow! thanks! now i just need time away from the kids to get it done. thank you so much! i will be bookmarking this page. this is so perfect that you posted this at this time. i'm going to start doing video tutorials for my website (not ready yet), and i certainly can't have janky nails on the world wide web.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Malibukasey
If your stomach feels weak then, my work here is done

(::) (::)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007 07:44:43 PM »

HAHA! Good point! It doesn't take very long to do this once you get it down it picks up!! I have 2 girls and the hubby is overseas, so I know what it means to find the time!! After bedtime is MY time!!! Can't wait to see how it all works out!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

supergirle
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007 08:23:10 PM »

Oh I love this!  You are so talented!  Lucky!  I wish you lived near me!!  Great job I am glad you showed these off!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
roxybadoxy

Glcklich mich

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007 08:24:57 PM »

your nails are amazing! it's not really my style (acrylic nails) but wow. do you think i can just do it on top of my nail? sorry if you mentioned this earlier i just hate to read. but oh how i want to try this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please help some animals by clicking here!
OH! and there are other tabs so you can do more helpful things. YAY!!
LoveNTheOcean
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2007 08:40:04 PM »

Wow, that is so amazing!! Personally, I have acrylic nails, but thats awesome. Can you apply that stuff to natural nails? I would be scared to death though, because my nails are pretty long and strong and I just couldn't mess them up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007 09:08:47 PM »

Both versions are so neat!  Thanks for sharing! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
tekalinosky54
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2007 05:52:18 AM »

ok i really like the way this looks but i was wondering... what is an acryilic nail... and gel resin.. and accelorator... ya lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need a double cheeseburger and hold the lettuce
Don't be frontin' son no seeds on a bun
kitschkween
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2007 06:24:58 AM »

Wow, that is so amazing!! Personally, I have acrylic nails, but thats awesome. Can you apply that stuff to natural nails? I would be scared to death though, because my nails are pretty long and strong and I just couldn't mess them up.
if you scroll up just a smidge, you see the answer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewphoto
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2007 06:39:52 AM »

Awesome technique, and I was thinking if you can return the bill, as long as the serial # is there, why not go for broke and do a $100 bill!  You could use it, then just send it back, so you're not out the money, AND it would be ridiculous!  Just a thought.

Nice work,

Jac
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."
The Lorax
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Protect Your Paintings from Damage
Assembling Supplies for Plein Air Painting
How to Draw Bamboo with Watercolor
How to Create Snow with Watercolor
How to Create Realistic Tree Trunks in Watercolor Painting
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...