A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,591
Currently Running With Scissors:
683 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Witch Kitchen Jars Now With Tutorial & Lots of Pics!  (Read 13831 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Fosca
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2007 03:58:01 AM »

I found a website that explains how to bottle a Deep One (or any critter you want), try it out: http://www.miskatonic.net/pickman/mythos/bottle.htm
Hope it helps!

Fosca Thanks for the link That is a very cool how too. If I have time I am going to try to make one.
You're welcome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myfeet

These are my feet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2007 08:19:01 AM »

I love this!!! I think I must try now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My beauty is not only on the surface. It goes down deep... layer after layer after layer. Yes, sir! My beauty is very thick.
I blog here:
http://shecancreate.wordpress.com/
Inna
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2007 09:30:04 AM »

I would fill them with actual usable herbs and weird plants - the eye of newt stuff was a code word for actual plant ingredients - i would do a bit of research and put "actual" ingredients in the jars.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007 09:31:49 AM by Inna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Drama llama ding dong
forhobbes
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2007 02:33:16 PM »

This is so cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wtpdesigns
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2007 12:20:36 AM »

i thought i'd share my findings and ideas etc... i found this out either by reading stuff on the web or trial and error... you can buy peel and stick adhesive labels and dab (don't rub or wipe) strong coffee or tea on them with a cloth then you don't have to worry about tape or glue... don't use anything food related in them (the only exception to this rule is dried spices) red pepper flakes make great dragon/fish/snake scales... cinnamon sticks for sacred/holy/hanging tree bark, whole pepper corns are good for various kinda beedy black eyes, holeless beads (like the kind people make beaded/frosted fruit with) make good fish eggs, most clothes detergent will glow under a black light and it comes in loads of colors... it also keeps very well year after year... paprika and/or cayenne is good for powdered/dehydrated blood, shampoos or bath gels come in loads of colors and keep forever as well, plus if you buy something clear you can add food coloring to "enhance" it... almost everything else can be made with poly clay... thinking of things that can't be seen can save you loads of trouble since you wont hafta fill the bottle or jar (examples are last breath of a dying man, first breath of a new born baby, invisibility potion, etc.) think of things that are easy and free to fill... (examples are crypt dirt/soil from holy ground *soil from a plant or yard*, acid rain/holy water/tears of a frightened child etc. *plain water* if anyone wants some ideas for bottles and their fillings... i'll post more, JUST ASK! or if you want you can PM me Smiley hope this helps someone lol i've had fun... my roomie and i have come up with over 300 bottle/jar/container filling ideas! just be sure to let me know if you want the "offensive" or gross ones or just the other stuff lol
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007 12:22:13 AM by wtpdesigns » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I've got drinks piling up on my desk and a stack of pills I haven't even opened yet!"
"We're not gonna hide who we are, ok? I mean, we date, we're straight, get used to it."
http://www.myspace.com/wtpdesigns
wtpdesigns
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2007 01:32:20 AM »

*warning, grossness ahead!!*
also, you can make scabs by putting regular school glue on the back of your hand or your palm, wait for it to dry, then peeling it off and paint the inside part in dark brown and dark red, just leave a lil of the glue unpainted so it looks like the dried skin around the scab (sorry, i know it sounds gross, but it looks effective! lol we used to do this in art class)
[/color]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I've got drinks piling up on my desk and a stack of pills I haven't even opened yet!"
"We're not gonna hide who we are, ok? I mean, we date, we're straight, get used to it."
lovelyislacey
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2007 02:23:49 AM »

also, you can make scabs by putting regular school glue on the back of your hand or your palm, wait for it to dry, then peeling it off and paint the inside part in dark brown and dark red, just leave a lil of the glue unpainted so it looks like the dried skin around the scab (sorry, i know it sounds gross, but it looks effective! lol we used to do this in art class)
[/color]

You have some great ideas. For scabs I used the apple peels from my shrunkin heads and let it dry out in the oven at a slow temp for a few hours. Too me they looked like scabs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wtpdesigns
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2007 11:51:22 PM »

You have some great ideas. For scabs I used the apple peels from my shrunkin heads and let it dry out in the oven at a slow temp for a few hours. Too me they looked like scabs.
lol thanks, you too! i've been wrestling with this idea for years and i finally have a roommate who's open to it and is actually participating! he's come up with a few ideas as well so i think it'll be something fun we can have in common lol other than food and cigarettes (bad habit i know) anyway... thanks for renewing the idea and starting me off! i'll be sure to take pix and add them here, though it'll be a while since i'm moving and a lil sick so things are slow... i'm still searching for poppet doll *from another post* materials lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my3pugs

All that is wild, is winged. Jay Griffiths

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2013 01:45:54 PM »

Love it!  I did an apothecary too!  The dollar store at Halloween has all kinds of goodies if you can fit them in the opening of the bottles.  I got eyeballs, salamanders, fingers, fake witch noses, also some fingernails and eyelashes at the cosmetics section.  I also bought a bag of a billion creepy bugs and vampire teeth on Ebay. You can pick up a bag of corks at Michaels or AC Moore and dip the bottle tops in wax for a permanent seal.  My son found a big box of vintage medicine bottles in a friend's attic and brought them home to sell on Ebay.  I paid him and ran off with my box of treasure! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PaulinaB
Chandler

I love making candles and crafts.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2013 02:45:51 PM »

Oh my! We just got a new printer and I have tons of cool bottles so I am so doing this! Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

She believed she could so she did.
Decide. Commit. Succeed.
Inspire. Teach. Motivate.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Read Crochet Patterns
How to Triple Crochet
How to Crochet and Change Color Without Knots
How to Make a Wallet from a Computer Keyboard
How to Make Emergency Sunglasses Out Of Duct Tape
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...