A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 308,207
Currently Running With Scissors:
369 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 165
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: You know you're a Craftster when... (part THREE!)  (Read 203615 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FreakieGeekie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1530 on: May 12, 2013 01:14:18 PM »

YKYACW your family has learned to look before they sit next to you, lest they sit on a project full of pins.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Listessa

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

« Reply #1531 on: May 12, 2013 07:26:00 PM »

YKYACW...
You freak out in a positive manner when you see a garbage bag with what looks like a possibly salvageable hand made quilt hiding in the swap pile.

When it totally makes your week as said quilt washes up beautifully, and you realize all it needs are the shredding flannel stripes removed plus maybe an enlargement with some strips in a nice color as a boarder. 

Yet you also admire the ingenious idea of lining the quilt with polar fleece rather than batting. 

YKYACW you realize you are way too stoked about reinventing someone else's quilt and also come to terms with the fact it will most likely turn into a full sized bed quilt rather than the lap quilt that it is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
pottermouth
Crochet Moderator
Vintage Crafts Moderator

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

« Reply #1532 on: May 13, 2013 05:34:22 PM »

YKYACW all of your library books have call numbers between 600 and 800.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1533 on: May 20, 2013 11:51:00 AM »

YKYACW when you watch multiple episodes of Hoarders to see what kind of cool junk those people might have... Cheesy

..when you talk about the projects you are making to get points for the Nerds Summer Games and people have no idea what you are talking about...

...when a sample conversation includes statements like "I need a crown for my deer head"..."they are not stars...they are Ninja weapons....", "Because I prefer the red pill..."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Listessa

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

« Reply #1534 on: May 29, 2013 11:27:13 PM »

YKYACW you seriously debate buying a bunch of Hawiian print fabric for a tropical themed quilt you want to make AFTER the other quilt you haven't even begun to restore/reconstruct.  But it's on on sale 40%!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
Marienka
« Reply #1535 on: June 06, 2013 02:46:57 PM »

You know you are a craftster when the workers at the hobby store get of your way when you enter, avoid your tough questions and say "Oh no! She's got a list!"

XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for U.S.A swap partners!
Naantje
« Reply #1536 on: June 07, 2013 11:00:26 AM »

You know you're a craftster when you're sorting through your deceased granny's old clothes and you harvest the button and zippers from unsaleable pieces of clothing. And when, in stead of a stack of vintage floral nightgowns, you see quilting stash for a memorial quilt! When at a yard sale, you're generally more enthused by broken items. Yep, Im a creftster!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #1537 on: June 07, 2013 11:24:25 AM »

YKYACW....your teenaged daughter brings you odd bits of metal and rusty things, with a 'I bet you could use this to make something.' Same daughter was with a friend and friend's mom, when they were sorting through jewelry boxes, and kiddo brings me home a couple of unwanted pieces, with a  'I thought you could take them apart and use them to make more.'
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy
<a href="http://StudioLTD@etsy.com.>StudioLTD"</a>| Couponcode 'halfoff'HipsterHive Only12/31/15
<a href=https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg>HipsterHive</a>|
http://www.pinterest.com/studi
fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1538 on: June 08, 2013 08:25:14 AM »

YKYACW: your fiance goes to the yarn shop to buy you a present and impresses the staff by knowing what a dye lot is.

Even more so when the staff look at the kind of yarn and the quantity and say, "this is for (mio), isn't it?"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #1539 on: June 11, 2013 02:56:29 AM »

or when you accidentally smash a plain blue bowl on the kitchen floor and your 18 year old daughter helps you pick it up and holds out the large pieces, 'Do you want to keep these for something?'
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Desperately in search of popcorn flavourings-they don't sell them here Sad I have a new air popper and am stuck with boring flavours.

www.pinterest.com/edelc
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 165 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Whooops!
@Home This Weekend: Curtains!
September 21, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...