A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,731
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 159
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: You know you're a Craftster when... (part THREE!)  (Read 146686 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Willowe
« Reply #1490 on: August 30, 2011 07:34:48 PM »

...it takes you several minutes to realize that your roommate is standing awkwardly by the door because they just walked in but you've taken over the whole floor with your scrapbooking adventures and there's no room for them to navigate through your mess crafting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
     -None Smiley

My Etsy
My Pinterest
Selnith
Ruler of Geek

View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: August 31, 2011 12:28:50 AM »

... you don't mind your mam using your email address to sign up to an online photo-print site because because it means you get the code for 100 free prints, perfect for your first scrap-book/photo album
mind you, i did end up putting together the photobook for her cause apparently i'm better at these things, that i'd never done before
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
Selnith
Ruler of Geek

View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: October 26, 2011 02:54:20 PM »

YKYACW ... you get a surprise tax rebate in the post and your first thought is YARN!!! I can go buy YARN!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1493 on: November 02, 2011 06:57:17 PM »

From my mom -- When friends/relatives are throwing out trash, you're rescuing it and saying "I know what I can make with this!".
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordp ress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
AcrophobicPixie
Resident Piximacated Person

Kneesocks of DOOOM! DOOOM, I say!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1494 on: August 11, 2012 02:22:54 AM »

YKYACW It's 5am on a Saturday, your wrist hurts, so knitting/crochet is out of the question. What do you do? Start reading the original YKYACW thread cause you're bored.

YKYACW you get bored one day, and whip out a Blue Eyes White Dragon using the amigurumi pattern someone posted on Craftster years ago... Then make the dragon a hat and scarf... then a bathrobe with the Kaiba Corp logo, since a local anime convention has a "In The Bath" cosplay contest, and your SO often goes as Seto... And are debating making two more heads to match and jury rigging up a way to make them easily detatchable, so he can have Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon....

YKYACW you're tempted to steal back your dress form from your mother to make a cosplay outfit, even though you can't sew to save your life, because you know someone on here has probably done your idea, and made an easy tute of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't piss off Pixie's... they tend to be mean when they swarm!
FreakieGeekie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1495 on: November 28, 2012 07:34:19 PM »

YKYACW your boyfriend's friends have crafty gift envy. I made him a pair of gold-pinstriped black pajama pants for his birthday a couple years ago. Several of his friends are New Orleans Saints fans and they thought that they could go out and buy similar pj pants for themselves. He very smugly told them that I had made them for him and that they were one of a kind. He then informed them that there was no more of that fabric available (which was true: I'd bought the last just for his pants) so I couldn't be paid to make similar ones for them.

I think I've created a monster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1496 on: November 28, 2012 07:51:32 PM »

YKYACW you can't post several of the gifts you are making for friends for xmas, because they are also craftsters.  Ditto for posting them on your blog and pinterest.  Sure, I can post AFTER xmas, but who wants to see xmas-related items after the big day?  Sigh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

« Reply #1497 on: November 28, 2012 08:29:44 PM »

YKYACW you lie and tell people you've given up on crafting so they'll stop asking you to make them stuff for free. Only your family, SO and closest friends know you still craft.
I've gotten tired of customers and co-workers asking me to make them stuff. One of my co-workers had the audacity to ask me to make her wedding dress for free! She wanted a Civil War Era dress and the undergarments to match.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

« Reply #1498 on: November 28, 2012 10:45:05 PM »

YKYACW in your senior year at high school you made a gift for your favorite English teacher, which caused envy from other teachers. I made a dreamcatcher for my English III Honors teacher who was very impressed that I had made it myself. I just wish I had thought to take pictures of it!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

« Reply #1499 on: December 01, 2012 12:22:03 AM »

YKYACW your family pet has been lost in your fabric stash.
I had brought my largest storage container of fabric into the living room so that my sister could help me find my alova suede. We were laying the fabric on the couch to keep it clean and my dad suddenly asked "Hey, where's Max?" We began looking all over the house and outside for him, calling frantically. When I went back inside, I noticed something black and shiny peeking out of the fabric pile. Turned out that it was Max's nose and that my sister and I had accidentally buried him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 159 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Manage Long Hair in the Heat
How to Do a Low Ponytail
How to Wash Long Hair
How to Grow Very Long Hair Faster
Best Long Layered Haircuts for Thin Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...