A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,170
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 160
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: You know you're a Craftster when... (part THREE!)  (Read 148463 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1470 on: September 19, 2010 11:51:44 PM »

YKYACW you get you man to help you remove a door so you can try to get a shot of your shower curtain project so you can post it on craftster, because it's been so long since you've crafted or posted: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=359850.0 and then you post a link to that topic here hoping more people will look at it/comment.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1471 on: September 20, 2010 08:19:58 AM »

... you get a new iphone and the 1st things you do are download 2 knitting Apps and set Craftster as a Bookmark.

When are we getting a Craftster App? Grin

uhhh..... What would you like a Craftster App to do?  A mobile site I know we need to work on, but we don't know what we could do with an app! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

« Reply #1472 on: September 20, 2010 12:13:33 PM »

... you get a new iphone and the 1st things you do are download 2 knitting Apps and set Craftster as a Bookmark.

When are we getting a Craftster App? Grin

uhhh..... What would you like a Craftster App to do?  A mobile site I know we need to work on, but we don't know what we could do with an app! Cheesy

A stream-lined version of the site for faster loading and picture display (larger text with slightly smaller scale images for example) ? An internal chat system for chatting with other craftsters online at the same time? How about something that notifies and displays the replies to your posts? If I think of anything else I'll let you know   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crying Goddess
Rocking CraftAngel

Every girl is her own goddess

View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: September 26, 2010 05:55:10 PM »

YKYACW you browse through wistes and you see something you made on someone's list you scream and tell everyone you know although half of them don't know what wists are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quote from: kjlutz
Craftster: Lovingly Breaking up Families in the name of Craft since Challenge 50

Please vote for my Redstone torch for challenge 96:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431999.0#axzz2vJFPpJwN
AcrophobicPixie
Resident Piximacated Person

Kneesocks of DOOOM! DOOOM, I say!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1474 on: December 21, 2010 09:07:20 AM »

YKYACW Your bf knows you're making something for xmas for him, and the pattern is on Craftster... So whenever a page on the site loads, he goes "Oooh! Oooh! I want to see!" Even when it's not in the right category. (I've been reading three pages on this thread, and he keeps doing it. So cute!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't piss off Pixie's... they tend to be mean when they swarm!
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

« Reply #1475 on: January 14, 2011 11:35:24 PM »

YKYACW you've babbled about craft swaps and shown off so many neat goodies you've received that you've managed to get a friend to join craftster.

YKYACW you proudly sew a pair of tits in your high school classes and brag about it because you're so excited to have a swap partner with the same humor as you. (This seriously happened XD A lot of my friends know my weird sense of humor and for the Dotee swap round 11 I had a partner with the same sense of humor as me, so for her Dotee, she got a pair of boobs w/ beaded protruding nipples, and I was sewing it at school and because of my weird sense of humor, I kept randomly going "Sooo who wants to see my tits?!" and when lots of people would be like "Dude I wanna see!!!" I'd whip them out of my bag and show them off, my friends would either laugh or be like "wtf?" or "Awww.... They're not attached..." and I'd proceed to tell them the story of it, which led to me having to continue to show my progress on the darn thing until it was done XDDD )

YKYACW you spend drama class trying to secretly sew in the auditorium when you should be on stage acting...

To add to this...

YKYACW you actually ARE on stage acting, and you're doing something random and a bobbin flies out of your hoodie pocket at the class XDDDD (Me: o////o Crap!!! *jumps off the stage and grabs the bobbin, shoves it back into pocket* )

YKYACW you purposely do a pen and ink project in honors art because you know it'll look good AND be done early, and then you use the spare week or two to knit and work on chainmaille, further confusing your art teacher and classmates.

Not sure if this one fully works or not, butttttt....

YKYACW you can make a costume from anything in your house, and still have people understand who you are trying to be. ((I did this for spirit week, on flashback day, I decided it was too lame to do the normal stuff that everyone else would do, so I asked my friend to bring me an ace bandage cuz my mom got rid of ours years ago (Grrrr) but I threw together the rest of the costume that morning, came to school, my friend gave me the ace bandage, she and I went into the bathroom, and I bound my chest. I decided that instead of being normal like everyone else, I wanted to be Michael Jackson for flashback day because that was unique XD The sad thing is... my boobs are small enough to where it was easy to bind my chest for this, and it freaked people out that not only was I dressing like a boy and binding my boobs, during drama when we played the dating game, I decided that I was going to be the bachelor, not the bachelorette haha)

YKYACW you realize from reading this that there is not yet a craftster app and now hope that the mods will also accommodate those of us with Blackberries so we can have a Craftster for Blackberry app haha. <3 Pretty please? I live off my blackberry, I almost bought an iPhone, but the thing is, I'm on the edge of coverage and if I go down my road, I lose service on most phones... And iPhones don't get good service out here as far as I can tell, so I'd have too many problems, so I went for my 4th blackberry (1st one I used for a week then sold on craigslist cuz I hated it, my dad bought weird old ones purposely instead of buying the one I was planning to purchase and ended up putting me out 100 bucks for nothing, so I sold it and got my money back, then he decided not to even bother using his cuz he didn't wanna give up his razr, then when one of my phones broke, I used the other old blackberry as a backup and ended up liking it, but it wasn't fully compatible with AT&T cuz it was an unlocked T-Mobile Blackberry that'd been discontinued in '04 haha.... Then my 3rd one didn't have a camera but I got it technically free, long story... And then it got stolen by a juvenile delinquent w/ a record.... And my Samsung Solstice had an electrical problem over summer and fried itself internally, so I bought a new blackberry again Cheesy )

YKYACW you stare at the soda can garbage (we have a separate garbage for soda and beer cans, but mostly soda, since you can recycle it or sell it or both or whatever), and think "I could melt all these cans into something neat, hot glue them into a robot, or better yet, I could build a freaking couch with these cans!!!!" only to have your mother say "No Alison (Or whatever your name is, please feel free to substitute), you are NOT touching those cans... Especially if you still want to make a couch..."

YKYACW you try to convince your family to let you steal a few pieces of silverware from the restaurant you're at so you can craft with it, cuz hey, they won't miss a fork or two, right?

In addition....

YKYACW to make you stop trying to pocket a few forks and a spoon, your aunt tells you "Hey... Y'know you can buy a ton of silverware at Goodwill for like three bucks, right?" and you then proceed to spend the day begging your mother to make a stop at the Goodwill so you can buy a ton of silverware because you've now decided you absolutely MUST build a windchime!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
Selnith
Ruler of Geek

View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: January 16, 2011 01:47:21 PM »

in response to the above, yes, we need a craftster app for blackberry, would make it sooo much easier for my to upload photos on my WIPs as i tend to photo them on my curve to show people anyhow
AND the soda can couch idea is AWESOME, at school we made a soda can man, he was kinda cool
AND is may have appropriated glass and silverware (and a couple of starbucks mugs) from various locations for various reasons and from working in service i know that an item here and an item there aren't missed, OOH napkins too, nice cloth ones, i have a few of those in different colours, i was going to make something with them but then i forgot what i was going to make so now they're scattered about the flat, oops

and just cause i feel i should
YKYACW...you get back from a week long holiday in the sun (i have a tan and it was awesome but now we're home and it's cold Sad) and on the plane you're thoughts lean to, wow the lights of the towns and cities are so pretty and kinda organic looking, like cells, that ones like a neurone, i need to biology wall art, then somehow from there to your current crochet WIP and how you need more yarn and when will be best to go get said yarn
i have worked out that probably after work tomorrow afternoon will be a god time to go for yarn, gives me time to find the labels so i know which colours to get
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

« Reply #1477 on: January 18, 2011 02:12:22 AM »

Omg I do that too with my Curve!!!

YKYACW you have a 1"x1" square in front of you and it's pretty much the most beautiful thing you've ever seen and you now find it less intimidating than something large, yet you constantly work with large pieces.

YKYACW you see an 18x24" sketchpad and think "I wonder how many inchies that would make"

YKYACW you're planning on making a 30min - 1hr walk from school to JoAnns and Michaels just so you can get some modge podge and other little oddities.

YKYACW you beg your family to get you a dremel for a graduation gift. You barely know what it is or what it does, but you know there is soooooo much crafty stuff you'll do with it (to shut me up and clear a lil space, after about half an hour of that, my gran gave me a dremel lol)

YKYACW you get crafty ideas from reading the response above you in the YKYACW thread lol.

YKYACW you're now laying in bed mentally planning how you're gonna make a can person because the post above you gave you like 5 can ideas.

YKYACW you've spent the past 3hrs debating on what craft you plan to bring to school with you tomorrow (I'm thinking a ton of inchies squares and my chainmaille stuff)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
Selnith
Ruler of Geek

View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: January 18, 2011 05:59:51 AM »

YKYACW...it's gone 36 hours since you came home from your holidays but you didn't quite finish unpacking yet because you just HAD to do some crochet after nearly 2 weeks of non-crafiness
got more yarn, star-ghan for my neice/nephew to be is coming along well, and i have a few weeks before we have friends coming to stay so there's PLENTY of time for tidying and stuff
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Selnith
Ruler of Geek

View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: January 26, 2011 04:18:51 AM »

YKYACW...you take the cushions off the sofa (general cleaning etc.) and fine 2 colours of embroidery floss (almost a skein of each) a crochet hook (i knew i had a 5mm) a selection of buttons, a duel ended sharpie, bobbin of black thread, hair ties, nail file, nail clippers a pair of scissors and a measuring tape
i'm such a hoarder *shame*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 160 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear Bold Neon Fashions
5 Ways to Wear a White Tee
Get a “Sons of Anarchy” Makeover
DIY Fashion: Shoulderless Shirt
Lunchtime Live -- New Fashion Mistakes In The Office
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...