A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 159
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: You know you're a Craftster when... (part THREE!)  (Read 145503 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Selnith
Ruler of Geek

View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: January 04, 2010 10:57:27 AM »

when you buy a "learn to crochet" magasine even though you already crochet because it comes with 2 balls of yarn (always good) and a hook (i already have that size but this one is shiny) and there's a dvd to help you get started, which i may give to a friend
but YAY yarn

my Mother bought this magazine too! and she's been crocheting since she was about 6 (and im in my 30's)   Grin

This magazine is now sold out everywhere near me, so I can't get it. I have been crocheting for over a year though, so I probably don't need it. I just want the yarn. Cheesy

i've been crocheting for around 15 years (bigods that makes me feel oooooooooold) and i'm getting it, yarn and hooks are good but the patterns are too (and it's teaching me brittish terminology so i actually know which stitches are which, instead of just fiddling till my work looks like the picture)
but yes
YKYACW you discover there's a yarn shop near you (has 2 branches, 2!) and try to work out if it's on a bus route and whether or not you can afford a trip there as they're having a yarn sale and while they may not carry the brand you need surely one of the ones on sale would be a good substitute
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1341 on: January 04, 2010 11:50:16 AM »

YKYAC when you want to help out other crafters..

I once subscribed to one of those craft part-works weekly things. And learned my lesson. They work out to be incredibly expensive.

The art of crochet is in 120 parts (!!) at either stg 2.99 per week or 4.99 euro (which is a rip off as at current rates of exchange it should be 3.33 euro) that is a total of 360 stg ($580) or 600 e (which is about $860!!) Having said that if you can score the loss leader first issue, it is a bargain.

I hate to be a party pooper, but that amount of money would buy you an awful lot of good quality wool and hooks and crochet books... and become a friend of craftster!

this is their website if you want to subscribe (if you subscribe they will automatically send you binders..at an additional charge!) http://www.theartofcrochet.com/home

They end up costing a fortune. its much cheaper and friendlier to learn on craftster.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010 11:55:45 AM by edelC » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Selnith
Ruler of Geek

View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: January 04, 2010 12:02:48 PM »

i know these things can be expensive, i worked it out, i may get a few issues if they're available, just for the patterns, because any form of crochet related material is hard to come by round here, most stuff has to be bought when i'm elsewhere and happen upon something good or from the internet and i like to be able to have a flick through a book before buying it, which you can't do online
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
vinnie451
Onna Otaku

Craft or Die!

« Reply #1343 on: January 06, 2010 09:36:58 AM »

YKTACW... you are working on a final swap project and manage to melt your nail polish off with an aplique iron. Seriously, who does that? oh yeah, us....  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now With Craft Blog - http://vinnie451craft.blogspot.com/

"Not everyone can be a great artist, but a great art can come from anywhere." Ego, Ratatouille
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1344 on: January 06, 2010 06:53:52 PM »

YKYACW ... a pipe bursts in your building and you're told you have to evacuate until further notice and one of the FIRST THINGS you pack is the fabric for a swap you're doing and the organizational sheets for a swap you're organizing, before clothes even!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crying Goddess
Rocking CraftAngel

Every girl is her own goddess

View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: January 07, 2010 06:36:33 PM »

When you worry about buying craft supplies and then someone gets you the same thing you were obsessing over.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quote from: kjlutz
Craftster: Lovingly Breaking up Families in the name of Craft since Challenge 50

Please vote for my Redstone torch for challenge 96:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431999.0#axzz2vJFPpJwN
vinnie451
Onna Otaku

Craft or Die!

« Reply #1346 on: January 13, 2010 09:03:07 AM »

YKYACW you are very proud of yourself for maxing out swaps for the first time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now With Craft Blog - http://vinnie451craft.blogspot.com/

"Not everyone can be a great artist, but a great art can come from anywhere." Ego, Ratatouille
Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: January 13, 2010 03:58:12 PM »

YKYACW- Your sisters english teacher is throwing away a dictionary and she snatches it up and put's it in your locker with a note saying "Thought you could use this for some art"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #1348 on: January 13, 2010 04:43:00 PM »

YKYACW- Your sisters english teacher is throwing away a dictionary and she snatches it up and put's it in your locker with a note saying "Thought you could use this for some art"

Ack! Who throws away an dictionary?!  An educator of all people?!  At the very least recycle the paper!  So glad you got it for your art!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Willowe
« Reply #1349 on: January 13, 2010 05:32:30 PM »

YKYACW you try to explain granny daughters' to someone as "the first row a granny square" and you realize that no one you talk to knows what a granny square is.

YKYACW the best part of your day is discussing crochet patterns with one of your teachers.

YKYACW you have three skeins of yarn, two crochet hooks, a yarn needle, scissors, and a tape measure in your school bag and still don't think you brought enough!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
     -None Smiley

My Etsy
My Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 159 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Non-Traditional Asian Brined Turkey Recipe
Spicy Chicken Curry Recipe
Momofuku Culinary Lab Creates Flavor Explosion
How to Make a 90 Second Thai Chicken Pizza
Easy Chicken Curry Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...