A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,044
Currently Running With Scissors:
468 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 162
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: You know you're a Craftster when... (part THREE!)  (Read 173097 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2007 02:49:11 AM »

From the old thread, about the yarn bag thingy...
So you need something that has a hole for the yarn, but then can open up more like with a zipper or snap tape from where the hole is, so that you could open it up and get the yarn out?

Remember to watch out for zippers because they easily eat yarn. Smiley Tiny dress zippers are kind as long as it's closed, but closing it over the yarn can still bite it.

uhh YKYACW the thing I just said *dodges off topic rules*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."

...oh, if it wasn't clear, I'm rarely completely serious. Smiley
xx_Kellybean
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2007 05:30:37 AM »

YKYACW.. you're taking packaging out of a box at work, and there's cardboard kind of shaped like a flower and you feel guilty every time you throw it away because you just KNOW that SOMEDAY you'll find SOMETHING to do with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tenille
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2007 06:50:16 AM »

YKYACW you think you may actually have knitted in your sleep, cause last night you were so tired while you were knitting that your head nodded and you swear you dn't remember finishing that last row!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm on Ravelry Now!!! my usrname is Libraryhooker

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tenille
www.libraryhooker.blogspot.com

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."-Terry Pratchett
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2007 08:52:58 AM »

.....you wake up and check your replies and craftster mail (none today Sad) and then a hundred times before bed, then its the lastthing you do BEFORE bed every day....

WHAT WILL I DO WITH NO CRAFTSTER FOR 16 DAYS in FL?!?!?

lmao..i will have the internet for a grand total of 3 days while im on vacation....i think it will be so sad....i have a question....

is there a place i can update my craftster friends about my...wait.....i got it....ill make a MySpace of my trip before i go, and update it whilst i am away, so anyone who gives a hoot may come and see what i am up too in my most favorite place on earth.....heres a hint <<<the name
VVVthe sig
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
tatobuggy7
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2007 10:55:05 AM »

...you tell yourself " ok, no more new projects, you have to finish the things you already have"  but somehow you always manage to rationalize getting new stuff. inner dialog goes something like this "I know I told myself I shouldn't get anything new but what if they don't have this *insert random craft here* when I actually would have time for it..."
I've tried banning myself from craft stores but that doesn't work either.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gomerriffic
Meet my friend, Mr. Lemmy Lime!

Exsqueeze me?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2007 11:08:08 AM »

YKYACW you put yourself on a yarn diet, and at the first sight of a sale not only to you break your diet you more or less binge (8 skeins!) and not because it's even great yarn but it's $1 skein!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yberry
A disgrace to the international community of swap organizers.

"Stressed" is "desserts" spelled backwards.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2007 12:52:04 PM »

...you tell yourself " ok, no more new projects, you have to finish the things you already have"  but somehow you always manage to rationalize getting new stuff. inner dialog goes something like this "I know I told myself I shouldn't get anything new but what if they don't have this *insert random craft here* when I actually would have time for it..."
I've tried banning myself from craft stores but that doesn't work either.

YKYACW when you decide "no more new projects" and your husband is the one who starts rationalizing new stuff...  Shocked

YKYACW you burn your hands handling shrinky dinks and that upsets you because you just know that the dry, burned skin is so going to snag on your knitting and sewing projects...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That paper cut is really going to snag on my knitting." - Y. David, Nov. '07
http://yberry.etsy.com
My ATC Gallery
http://yberry.wordpress.com/ - Swap spoilers!
whyme81687
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2007 01:40:25 PM »

YKYACW you burn your hands handling shrinky dinks and that upsets you because you just know that the dry, burned skin is so going to snag on your knitting and sewing projects...

What i hate more than that is when something on my finger or nail keeps snagging on yarn while crocheting but i can't for the life of me find where it's snagging.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The thing about glitter is, if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. 'Cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies."
tatobuggy7
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2007 02:32:41 PM »

YKYACW when you decide "no more new projects" and your husband is the one who starts rationalizing new stuff...  Shocked

mine does this too... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2007 03:03:25 PM »

mine does this too... Smiley

yea, HE defends MY craft purchases against ME.....ill be like, "i didnt really need this (insert misc. craft item here) im gonna go put it back)" and he will literally talk me into it.....

but he hates when i try to save money (yea, im a lucky lady  Grin) so i always end up buying it if i need it, i will win if its something i just want, unless its Disney, then he will sneak it back into the cart when im not looking....thats why i send him away when i go to the craft store, cos when i shop i will first get everything i want, then circle the store 4 times deciding what i REALLY need to buy...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 162 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
How to Create Live Paint Groups in Illustrator CS4
How to Use Key Object Alignment in Illustrator CS4
How to Use Multiple Artboards in Illustrator CS4
How to Use the Separations Preview Panel in Illustrator CS4
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...