A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Breaking News: What's with all of the SPAM on Craftster?  Click here to find out what happened!
Total Members: 307,173
Currently Running With Scissors:
476 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Swap 6 !!!!!  (Read 11289 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

auntiem
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2007 12:06:01 PM »

I received today! I'm at work so I can't unravel yet - torture!
I'll edit this after the deed is done (there is no way I have the patience to knit it out).
Here we go! The yarn ball:

Everthing unwrapped:

The crafty goodies:

I love everything - not sure what is my favorite!
The loot:
Lots of yummy candy! Including the pumpkin head dispenser (which my SO has adopted).
Handles, lining fabric and ribbon for the bag.
Cable needle
A really pretty candle / candle holder
Ducky scrubbie
Fall leaf clip for the fridge
Stitch markers and wicked cool holder
Two pretty braclets - one a gardening theme yay! and one for Halloween
A canvas bag - embroidered on one side for knitting and on the other side is screenprinted with a camera. So it is a two for one craft bag!
An adorable snowman ornament (fimo?) - he is already on my "xmas tree"!
Thank-you!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007 04:21:37 PM by auntiem » THIS ROCKS   Logged

glittergirl94
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2007 04:36:06 PM »

Lookie, Lookie!!! 

The yarn alone made me drool!  Sock weight mostly wool multi(red, orange, purple, and white; my favorite colors!).  I carefully unraveled and removed the goodies... Here's a group shot:

I love my ball winder(although I'm not so sure I'm using it correctly... the ball is kinda wonky)!  But I love my MYB more!  There's chocolate, a tank top for embellishing, bits and pieces of fabric, a crochet panta and two sets of hair sticks, wicked cool buttons, the most gorgeous beaded picture, hot chocolate, and a traveling sewing kit that's perfect for my purse!!!

Not to be a pain, but I just have to post a larger picture of my wicked awesome beaded picture...

I litterally gasped when I opened this!  AMAZING!!!!  It was inspired by one of my favorite movies, What Dreams May Come.  "What is the 'me'?  Thought is real; physical is the illusion."

Thank you sooooooo much seamshistoric!!! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
seamshistoric
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2007 06:56:05 PM »

Haha... she forgot to tell you I folded every scrap of paper into something origami.  Mwahha. I'm glad you're happy with it! And I got my MYB from Glittergirl on the same day as she got hers! How cool is that?

i started opening the package on the kitchen table. The first thing I saw was my FAVORITE CHOCOLATE COVERED HAZELNUT CANDY EVER -- so I knew I had to go hide it in my room before the chocolate thief in my family got it before me.

Everything on my bed:

Some of it is hard to see, but there's a great pair of cherry earrings, a TON of business cards for Seams Historic (which are beautiful), and of course, the wrist warmers, which only came off for the picture. Yay for warm hands!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007 07:00:04 PM by seamshistoric » THIS ROCKS   Logged
brondesjen
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2007 02:50:43 AM »

I love my ball winder(although I'm not so sure I'm using it correctly... the ball is kinda wonky)! 

Mini hijack here - glittergirl, are you using the guide when you use your ball winder? That little metal bit with a loop at the top - you can see it on the left in your picture - should be upright (if you hold it up and then pull it out a little it will stay in place) - then you run the yarn though the loop as it winds on, which helps to guide it up and down the winder as it turns (I also run it through my fingers just before the loop, so I can control the tension it winds at) - and voila, a beautiful yarn cake!

end hijack!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BabySkilz

I'm Beautifully Tragic

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2007 09:11:08 AM »

Ok it's in the mail.  Estimated delivery for Thursday. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
greenapples

I have a knitting obsessed baby boy!

« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2007 11:36:48 AM »

I received!! I am SO in LOVE with the yarn! It's Drops Silke-Alpaca in the richest chocolate-y brown! Oh the yummyness of it!

Here is a pic of it all wound up - I'll post the rest of the pics after I'm finished knitting it (even though it's already all unwound - I'm not THAT patient!!) Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like something I've made? I'm always up for personal swaps - just send me a PM!
BabySkilz

I'm Beautifully Tragic

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2007 01:21:57 PM »

I received my package today!!

All wrapped up: unfortunately the tiara didn't make it Sad

All laid out:

And my favorite items: This is the cuetest little guy ever!

I love hot tea and now I can have it anytime.  This holds everything I would need.

The yarn is one of the softest wool yarns I have ever felt.  I love the patterns she sent with and I can't wait to get started on them.  Thank you Lisateacher you have been a great swap partner and I hope you enjoy your package too.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
just_lisa
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2007 02:16:31 PM »

I am so glad you like your MYB! I am sorry about the tiara.  The maillady packaged and addressed everything for me.  Undecided  I thought your little girl would like to bop around in it.  I will send you a replacement.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BabySkilz

I'm Beautifully Tragic

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2007 03:20:15 PM »

I am so glad you like your MYB! I am sorry about the tiara.  The maillady packaged and addressed everything for me.  Undecided  I thought your little girl would like to bop around in it.  I will send you a replacement.

I'm sure Mia would've loved it.  She is such a little diva.  My son has already claimed the top.  He thinks that is the best thing ever. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
glittergirl94
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2007 04:04:22 PM »

Mini hijack here - glittergirl, are you using the guide when you use your ball winder? That little metal bit with a loop at the top - you can see it on the left in your picture - should be upright (if you hold it up and then pull it out a little it will stay in place) - then you run the yarn though the loop as it winds on, which helps to guide it up and down the winder as it turns (I also run it through my fingers just before the loop, so I can control the tension it winds at) - and voila, a beautiful yarn cake!

end hijack!

GAH!!!  Thank you!!!  I could never figure out how to get the guide to stay up!!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Canon A610/A620: Set Image Quality Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Program Mode
Canon A610/A620: Set Portrait Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Panorama Stitch Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Night Portrait Function
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Star Chandelier
May 4, 2016 Featured Projects
I propose a toast!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...