A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 306,062
Currently Running With Scissors:
282 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Swap 6 !!!!!  (Read 11563 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

itscute
Blimy

I live like a hermit in my own head.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2007 06:53:27 AM »

thank you everyone for participating and not flaking!  This has been such a fun first swap plus un-nightmarish for me.

if anyone still doesn't have feedback, please PM me.

otherwise... this swap is closed!  and the next MYB is up for grabs for a new organizer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Diana dOr
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2007 06:26:03 PM »

I was able to get my package tonight and I'm sh*tting myself over how perfect each item is, misslillamae. It took about half an hour to unwrap because I was giggling and 'oohing and ahhhing' so much. You got mad skills girl!

It hurt to resize these pictures, so get over the pic obeseness. The lighting was more suited toward my hangover then picture session, sorry. More information after:

Everything still wrapped up... & Mags, recipes, & a mix cd.

Handmade Goodness and small toys... & Fabrics and retro deliciousness.

Yarn deception... & Closer look at both yarns.

The hairpin is placed on last nights hair... And the MOST AMAZING TOTE OF THE CENTURY!  Shocked

In the competition that is life, misslillamae wins. Or rather I do, because I'm on the recieving end of the following items:
-Fabrics of misc. vintage fabulousness
-Chocolates!
-Handmade Yellow Felt Pin with buttons and beads
-glow in the dark Dinosaur! and tiny, creepy, sticky Spider toy
-Vintage Clip-on Earring (plans formulating already)
-Several delicious sounding Recipes
-Handful of Hematite and Silver Stitch Markers (I've never had any!)
-Mix CD, with various disclaimers  Grin
-Four Quilted, Handmade Coasters (So effin' amazing)
-Handmade Felt Needle Book
-Handmade Tissue Holder
-Two Handmade Fabric & Button HairPins!
-Knit from plastic bags Square
-Small Flowered Tray
-A Slinky Jr.
-Juxtapoz: Art and Culture Magazine
-Weekly World News (Giant Polar Monster Attacks Cruise Ship, top story)
-The Tote of Everyone's Dreams
-200 yards of recycled, green cotton Yarn
-Parisienne Luxury Kid Mohair lace weight in a Blue Colourway

I was trying to keep the photo count down but closeups are in the album. Honestly, I wouldn't even know where to start gushing. The handmade goods are so well done, the little goodies are quirky and fun, the recipes fit the bill, the CD I'm excited to listen to, and the mag's are amusing as all hell. Both yarns are wonderful colours, the yarn deception was hilarious (I spent half an hour wondering how I was going to make a lace scarf with the winding yarn) and the actual blue colour is more suited to the first picture thats in the foreground and the green is more foresty. Let's give the bag a minute then I'll post. Once again the colours are great, the patches and inner pocket are kitschy, and I've just never found a bag before that suited me so well.
Thank you, sweetheart. Obviously your anxiety was a ruse so that when I recieved your MYB my amazement was dialed up to an eleven with surprise.
Best Swap Ever.
Best Partner Ever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Knitting is a boon for those of us who are easily bored.  I take my knitting everywhere to take the edge off of moments that would otherwise drive me stark raving mad"
misslilamae
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2007 02:48:36 PM »

I was able to get my package tonight and I'm sh*tting myself over how perfect each item is, misslillamae. It took about half an hour to unwrap because I was giggling and 'oohing and ahhhing' so much. You got mad skills girl!

Obviously your anxiety was a ruse so that when I recieved your MYB my amazement was dialed up to an eleven with surprise.

YAYYYY!  i'm so glad you like everything!  i really was pretty nervous about it until i read your reaction.  i didn't want to say anything earlier and give it away, but i totally had to laugh that we both gave each other tissue cozies and needle-holders!  the shopper bag is 100% vintage & recycled (the appliques came from a Vera napkin) and scientifically tested* to hold at least 15 pounds without complaining.  and the stitch markers are freshwater pearls, not hematite.  Wink
i still think the Awesome Swapper Award goes to you but, y'know, if you insist....   i'm just happy that i made a suitably rad swap package for you!

*meaning i was all sneaky in the produce section, hauling around bags of potatoes - i fit in 3 bags with relative ease.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artistrachelmarie
Rachel Marie

Knitty Dirty Girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2007 06:31:29 PM »

I can't wait to play!

omg I was just looking at the gallery and redwillow sent loudxmouse one of my felted beads pinback buttons! haha
that's funny...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Stenciled Table
Tute Tuesday: Mrs. Weasley Inspired Burrow Afghan
Creative Craft Supplies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...