A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Puff Sleeved Feminine Cardigan of Angst  (Read 2251 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rebeccajane
« on: September 19, 2007 07:29:10 PM »

I had such high hopes for this project.

I love the pattern and convinced myself that it would be flattering, but alas:

Le sigh. This sucker is definitely getting frogged. It is, of course, the Puff Sleeved Feminine Cardigan from Stefanie Japel's Fitted Knits (which, despite this sweater, I'm looking forward to knitting something else from). The yarn is KnitPicks Merino Style, which has to be just about the best yarn value out there.

Why did this sweater go so wrong? I searched my soul and came up with the following:
1. I screwed up the waist shaping (I made too many decreases on the back, and as I don't have back-boobs, it's a little wonky back there now).
2. My row gauge is off and the waist fell approximately three miles below my true waist.
3. I knit at a larger gauge than called for, compensating by knitting a smaller size. I 've learned that seed stitch is totally floptastic at this gauge, thus the collarectomy I performed during finishing.
4. Saggy armpits (on the sweater, not on me). I think this has to do both with my row gauge and the puff sleeves. Ugh.

Good thing the clapotis I'm working on now can't not fit, right?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007 07:42:05 PM by rebeccajane » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanzie
I've got love for the chat hoes...anyone else need not apply!

"Ich warte auf dich-am Ende der nacht"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007 08:23:40 PM »

i still think it is pretty maybe you could wear it open over another shirt?i think it would look very classy like that!all in all great work sorry for the bad fit! Sad Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a burning image in her mind and between her thighs...

I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND TAKE YOUR CRAFT SUPPLIES!DON'T #$%@ WITH ME!

half moon shawl crochetalong...
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=235034.0

stalk me....
http://www.wists.com/Tanzie
amyb444
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007 08:48:29 PM »

Awww, I feel your pain. I too knit this cardi and I am not very happy with it. Maybe you could try reblocking it? That's what I'm going to try, because damnit, it looks cute on other people, I want it to look cute on me too!!  Undecided

What color of Merino Style is that? I LOVE it.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007 08:48:57 PM by amyb444 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kokeshi
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007 08:52:38 PM »

Oh no, it must be so sad to frog after all your hard work! It looks really beautifully finished laid out like that, but yes, I think the fit just isn't quite there, so I'm not going to advise you not to frog...there is just no point having garments you aren't quite happy with taking up space in your wardrobe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aspartame
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007 09:24:50 PM »

Aw, you really did a lovely job knitting it, it just looks like you made a bigger size than you should've.  We all do it.  My mental me is like twice as big as actual me.  Maybe you have a somewhat larger friend who'd love to buy it off you, or has a gift-occasion coming up?  It's a shame to frog...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crocodisle
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007 09:34:28 PM »

Aw, that's so sad. I'm sorry! Have fun with Clapotis!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If all our life is but a dream, fantastic posing greed
Then we should feed our jewelry to the sea
For diamonds do appear to be
Just like broken glass to me.

The northern downpour sends its love.
IamSusie
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007 10:19:25 PM »

It looks great on your table!  I think you should not frog it, but wear it as a short sleeved jacket for fall.  Unbuttoned it'll be more flattering.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alexandraf
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007 10:59:40 PM »

It looks soooooo beautiful laying flat... it really shows off your nice handiwork! It's always a shame when projects go awry (I knit a sweater that could not have fit Barbie). I think it sucks to frog projects, but if you're anything like me I understand! I can't stand having something in my closet I know I will never wear, especially if I can use the yarn!!!

Good luck with your other project!!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Extrapolate that!
iameannis

Mais, je m'appelle pas Ferdinand!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007 06:33:42 AM »

Well, it looks great even if it doesn't quite fit!
I knitted this sweater too. While the front of mine looked good, the back was totally baggy on me.
I think that the people who knitted beautifully fitting sweaters from this pattern might have been taking them off the needles and trying them on frequently. I almost never took mine off and I think that's why it wasn't as fitted as I hoped it would be.
Good luck with your next sweater from the book!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MairWear
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007 08:46:54 AM »

I, too, have knit this and am a bit dissapointed as well.  Mine turned out big.  I am actually thinking of slightly felting mine.... but I'm waiting to see if that's what I REALLY want to do (since it's irreversible).... hmmmmm.  I guess if I felt it and it turns out really bad I could always use the felted material for something else....  still deciding....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photographing Wildlife
Photographing Big Cats
High Resolution Photography Part 1
Bowens Lighting
Printing Photographs
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...