A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
425 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: American Girl Swap! (CLOSED send outs 11/8)  (Read 6456 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

balkandina

Junk+funk+glue=Art

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2007 08:42:44 AM »

We do American Girl Place in NYC every summer-it's like Mecca for girls-you just follow the girls and dolls from Grand Central to get there Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People sometimes reproach me with having neither genius nor talent nor deep feeling, but I have a will of my own"Isadora Duncan
Maltiriel

I touch the fire and it freezes me

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2007 09:01:49 AM »

I'm glad to hear you're extending the deadline...  I'll probably sign up once you've decided on new dates and everything.  Smiley

It's fun to hear about other people who were/are interested in American Girls when they're older.  I didn't even know about the whole American Girl phenomenon until I was almost in high school, so I was older pretty much from the start. Wink  I distinctly remember being annoyed that I was too big to fit into any of the girl-sized clothing...  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There IS a choice: Vote Libertarian!
Wer mit Ungeheuern kmpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. -- Friedrich Nietzsche
whyme81687
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2007 11:51:34 AM »

We do American Girl Place in NYC every summer-it's like Mecca for girls-you just follow the girls and dolls from Grand Central to get there Grin

Ha it's so true! My friend and I were in NYC trying to decide what to do with our time when we saw this girl walking around with an american girl shopping bag and the decision was made only problem was we didn't know where it was located. What did we do? followed the bags and dolls. It really is exactly like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The thing about glitter is, if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. 'Cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies."
imajacobs
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2007 12:06:59 PM »

I never had a doll but my BFF in elementary school did and it was amazing!  I want to get one for my daughter for Christmas.  I can't fathom spending the regular price on clothes, though, so I will most likely be making all of them anyway.

Now, how about the Bitty Babies?  Does anyone have those?  I am thinking about getting one for my 4yo.  Is it better than a $15 Le Baby doll?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kathy
whyme81687
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2007 12:10:15 PM »

I don't know about bitty babies but as far as clothes an accessories go Michaels in their doll section sells clothes and accessories that fit american girl dolls for cheap. My mom swears by it when my sister went through her doll phase that was where my mom bought all her accessories and clothes, she always says she wishes she would have found out about it when i was younger. But the stuff is really cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The thing about glitter is, if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. 'Cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies."
balkandina

Junk+funk+glue=Art

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2007 03:17:15 PM »

My daughter also had a Bitty Baby-and a very indulgent Grandma-thats why we have Felicity,Molly,Addy,Josefina AND Emily !!
I think that the quality of the American Girl Dolls is high-but if you have a daughter who likes to batter her babies I say go for the cheaper brand...(I don't mean batter them like fish and chips Cheesy )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People sometimes reproach me with having neither genius nor talent nor deep feeling, but I have a will of my own"Isadora Duncan
whyme81687
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2007 05:05:44 PM »

Ok i've extended sign ups for an extra week to give ya'll some extra time to sign up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whyme81687
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2007 09:31:05 AM »

reminder signups close on the 10th. So if you want to participate sign up soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mizz.blondes
Must keep shopping!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2007 04:28:49 PM »

I never had a doll but my BFF in elementary school did and it was amazing!  I want to get one for my daughter for Christmas.  I can't fathom spending the regular price on clothes, though, so I will most likely be making all of them anyway.

Now, how about the Bitty Babies?  Does anyone have those?  I am thinking about getting one for my 4yo.  Is it better than a $15 Le Baby doll?

i have one and lets just say i got it when i was 3 and im 13 now and i still have everything for it and i love playing with it.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mother, Shake a Tale Feather is a wild song. It's got a good beat and you can dance to it!

There are certain shades of limelight that can wreck a girl's complexion.
                  -Audrey Hepburn
whyme81687
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2007 07:38:27 PM »

Tomorrow's last day of signups i'll probably wait until the 11th or tomorrow night to pick partners to give others the chance to sign up last minute
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Backlight Scene
Canon XSi/450D Getting Started: Part 2 - Basic Picture
Canon XSi/450D Getting Started: Part 1 - Setup
Canon SD770 IS: Set White Balance Function
Canon SD770 IS: Set Underwater Function
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...