A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 308,220
Currently Running With Scissors:
313 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: yarn storage  (Read 9087 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fishheads
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2005 09:18:50 PM »

Id knit some little cubby holes, like... hmmr. how to explain?
like boxs stacked on top of each other and hang it, or little bags and hang em.
also id imagine a hammock with it all in it would work well, you could just wrap it up and sling it over your back if you wanted to go somewhere Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dorthybuht
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2005 09:41:22 PM »

OOooh knitting in the dorms Smiley Loft your bed (ask your RA what you can use to *safely* do so) then get one of those plastic "under the bed" bins and throw all your stuff  into it. i also find a needle roll very useful, it keeps my needles in one, easy to organize spot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MtyAphrdti
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2005 10:25:23 PM »

get some "spacebags" and use them....you stuff your yarn in them and then suck out the air with a vaccuum....major space savers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
killerdaisy
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2005 11:05:41 PM »

having lived in a horrifically small dorm room last year, i can safely say that there is no way for a knitter's stash to be properly contained and stored in those godforsaken rooms

if you have under-bed space that isnt already being used (i never did),  i would say those long low shallow plastic under-bed storage bins that you can get at target are your best bet. they fit fully under the beds and store a decent amount of yarn.

good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lindsayanne
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2005 08:48:28 AM »

oh! oh! what about those hammock things they sell for children's stuffed animals? That you hang high in a corner and pile stuff in? That would be perfect for fabric/yarn type stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flossie
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2005 09:50:49 AM »

oh! oh! what about those hammock things they sell for children's stuffed animals? That you hang high in a corner and pile stuff in? That would be perfect for fabric/yarn type stuff.

Haha, that's exactly what I was thinking of!! I may even try it myself, seeing as I will be going to college next year...  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fishheads
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2005 06:56:43 PM »

huh?
i already said that? 
awww.
just another example of how no one listens to the little fishheads ...*sob*  *sniffle*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lindsayanne
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2005 08:19:58 PM »

huh?
i already said that? 
awww.
just another example of how no one listens to the little fishheads ...*sob*  *sniffle*

I thought you meant some sort of hobo backpack. Sorry.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezebel7383
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2005 08:28:33 PM »

I use the giant plastic Tupperware containers from WalMart, and recently got some of those hanging-pocket-things that you put shoes in. They work great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

julia2222
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2005 09:39:07 PM »

yeah jez- those over the door shoe bags (I'm assuming that's what you meant) would be perfect! 
I of course already have one that holds my finished (or store bought) scarves, hats, gloves, and other random accessories...  everyone who enters the room feels the need to comment on my abundence of scarves- but it is Boston, so I'm allowed!  (we just don't let these annoying people see my shoes! which there are billions of, and live in a basket under my bed)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles
Whooops!
@Home This Weekend: Curtains!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...