A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 304,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
504 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: some of my summer projects(incredibly pic heavy)  (Read 1336 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

raycheezy

Patches are my happiness and my hippyness.

View Profile WWW
« on: September 19, 2007 04:09:22 PM »

The title basically explains it. Goes from packaging tape to cloth to fused plastic bags.

I hope you like 'em! They're in order from when I made them, I think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I LOVE personal swaps! If you see something I made that you like, and have anything fun or interesting or silly, tell me.
Candreya
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007 04:21:08 PM »

I love the clothe bags! I have one just, well, close to your top pic! I knew a quilter AGES ago and she gave me a boatload of her scraps, well, within 10 years I had gone threw them all and I had some left, so while I was pregnant 5 years ago, I made a little bag like that. I just put a "hem" on it this year, and plan on adding some velcro to close it. Smiley I'm proud! You should be too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007 04:25:38 PM »

Love the first bag! Pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
unpopulartshirt
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007 04:51:29 PM »

The wallets made from romance novel covers are amazing!!! Great idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
greeneggsandham

beat him when he sneezes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007 04:59:31 PM »

These are great.  Did you make the wallet from the tute on the 'reconstructed' board?  I would love to make one, but I can't quite work it out.  Great choice of book covers, anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lynds
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007 05:52:53 PM »

Really, really, really cute! I'm gonna have to figure out how to make bags like those cloth ones, so adorable!

The romance novel wallets are also quite delectable, though I don't know if I'd be brave enough to carry something that... sensual... around with me!

And I drank Horizon milk when I came home from school today. :3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raycheezy

Patches are my happiness and my hippyness.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007 06:55:59 PM »

I just put a "hem" on it this year, and plan on adding some velcro to close it. Smiley I'm proud! You should be too!

I am Smiley I just put darts in the top edges, though. It holds it closed without me bothering with velcro/snaps, etc. Sadly, both the ones I made I sent away for swaps, so I haven't gotten to keep one for myself. Ooh....something to do in my 2 days free of assignment in sewing.....
These are great.  Did you make the wallet from the tute on the 'reconstructed' board?  I would love to make one, but I can't quite work it out.  Great choice of book covers, anyway.
I looked at the tute, and decided it was too complicated. I tend to do that :b I looked at a wallet I was sent in a swap and made it based off of that with packaging tape and my sewing machine. My needle got so sticky afterwards that I had to throw it out. I had SOOO much fun going to the thrift shop to pick out those books. I went with my mom, and the cashier just gave us the funniest look. It was hysterical. Both those wallets are made with 3 books, I believe. I found the ones with pics on both the front and the back and had alot of fun cutting them up.
Really, really, really cute! I'm gonna have to figure out how to make bags like those cloth ones, so adorable!

The romance novel wallets are also quite delectable, though I don't know if I'd be brave enough to carry something that... sensual... around with me!

And I drank Horizon milk when I came home from school today. :3
I just made them with the basic shape of a hobo bag and sewed a trim around the top. The patchwork is my trademark. I always have tons of scraps, and I love colors, so they just happen. Nearly everything I make is patchwork.
  I'm NOT brave enough to carry one of my romance wallets around. My mom begged me for one, though, so I just let her do it. Cheesy You can find books with pictures less...sensual....than that, though. I almost made one with books like that for myself, then decided I should stick to the gorgeous wallet I received in a swap. I have enough bags I carry that I made myself.
The wallets made from romance novel covers are amazing!!! Great idea.
Thank you! It wasn't really my idea, but I like the compliment! There are several tutorials on craftster that I totally ignored, but which tell you exactly how to make them.
Love the first bag! Pretty!
Thank you again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I LOVE personal swaps! If you see something I made that you like, and have anything fun or interesting or silly, tell me.
MEshelltakeone
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007 07:23:50 AM »

Oh, yes. whomever received that first bag and second romance wallet is one lucky girl!!!!
wait....it was me!!!!!! bbbwwwaaaaahhhhaaa!!! Grin

seriously though, i have carried the bag from day one of getting it, though i have washed it a few times in between. and the wallet i carry a lot too....
i never thought about it being "racey" or sensual..hee hee. maybe thats why I get weird looks from cashiers. Cheesy I love it anyways.

me+bag+sexy wallet=BFF Wink

Thanks, Rachel!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Gemma Arterton from Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters
How to Draw Rukia Kuchiki from Bleach
How to Draw Harry Potter
How to Draw Santa Claus from Rise of The Guardians
How to Draw Zero No Ruizu of Zero No Tsukaima
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...