A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,212
Currently Running With Scissors:
568 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I want to be Cherry Darling, but I have too many legs!  (Read 2458 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yarn_tart

Dark Lords don't Frolic.

View Profile WWW
« on: September 18, 2007 05:19:08 PM »

So, I've decided it would be the coolest things if one of my costumes was Cherry Darling from Planet Terror (Grindhouse) this year.

Here's a pic of her.

So my dilemma is (besides worrying about what I will look like in such skimpy clothing) how do I create a machine gun leg without cutting off my leg and adding a machine gun?  Come on you crafty people - I know you'll come up with my best solution!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd like to change the world because it's easier than changing me. - Carbon Leaf

April in Autumn - yarn_tart's etsy shop is coming soon!

My wists
missjulie
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007 05:38:06 PM »

What if you painted (or iron transferred) a machine gun image onto a black legging? If you stood against a dark background it might look right (then again it might not). That's how they did things like that before green-screens! Anyway, you could even use some glow in the dark paint so it will show up in the dark.

That's all I could think of without actually creating a plastic machine gun leg and that would be chunky like.

Good luck! And I hope it works out, post pics of what you do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thats because youre a part of something larger. Like
being swallowed by something larger.

http://shinyshiny.wordpress.com
LunaBlueStar

Hip Like Badass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007 06:00:05 PM »

You could maybe bandage the top part of your leg and paint/makeup draw the gun on your actual leg.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Better to be hated for who you are, then loved for who you're not.
mochiko

friendly, absentminded daydreamer ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007 06:08:21 PM »

if you happen to have black leather (or pleather Smiley) knee or calf high boots and another pair of thigh high boots, you could mismatch the boots and somehow modify the thigh high one to look like a machine gun Smiley i don't know if there's such thing as temporary modge podge..or maybe just strap the gun around the boot on the outside. don't forget the "bandage wrap" over the boot. it'd be cute to wear a lace top thigh high stocking over that Smiley hope my idea helps you a bit Smiley

just thought of something that made me giggle --> if your boots had mismatched heels you might have a realistic looking limp that will make people look down at your feet. hehe
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007 06:10:15 PM by mochiko » THIS ROCKS   Logged
liebschien

"Do or do not - there is no try." - Yoda

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007 06:31:53 PM »

I'm thinking you could wear a pair of flesh colored (or nude) leggings, tights, or nylons under the shiny shorts. On the right leg of the tights, paint the foot, calf, and above the knee black with spray paint or whatever. Put white duct tape on the mid-thigh region, where it should overlap the black paint above the knee a bit. 

Attach half a plastic machine gun on the outer side of the right leg and the other half of the gun on the inner side of the right leg. The duct tape on the tights would be a good place to do that. The shiny shorts should keep the nylons from falling down at all and the duct tape will keep the tights from getting a run or ripping.

On the left leg, wear the calf-covering heeled boot. On the right leg wear a high-heeled dress shoe (strappy would be great), painted matte. The tip of the machine gun sides should be attached to the shoes somehow. I think that would do pretty good.

One other thing - The plastic machine gun should be shined up with gloss or lacquer so it catches the light like metal would. Unfortunately this all hinges on whether or not you can find a plastic machine gun. If you can't, consider making the gun out of cardboard and building out some of the places with materials such as more cardboard, styrofoam, poly clay, black duct tape, etc. If you have to make your own, add a gloss to that, too to give it some uniformity.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007 06:37:08 PM by liebschien » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bcgrote

Why doesn't evolution work with embroidery kits?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007 05:36:00 AM »

Cardboard gun, not plastic!

Either a cutout gun colored to match, or a sorta trapezoidal shape, with gun drawn on, and the rest of the cardboard a 'background' to cover your leg....

Awesome idea, Planet Terror was GREAT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If your site doesn't support Firefox, Firefox users won't support your site!
jewelaroni
I'm a PInja RoBoy!

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007 08:58:38 AM »

Unless you wand to be walking funny all night, i suggest painting the gun on. If you attatched a plastic one you would have to have it hindged at the knee, but youd also have to step around the inside part of it, which seems like it would hurt your hips after a little while.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Grapenuts, Carl."

I'm taking a break from swaps. :'(

Go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog.
I <3 Dale Cooper.
yarn_tart

Dark Lords don't Frolic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007 06:32:13 AM »

Wow - these are some great ideas.  I think i'll have to try a few things out before settling on anything.  I like the idea of a cardboard or plastic gun (but I think I'd just put it on the outside to avoid the knocking against my other leg).  Maybe I can get a pic of a machine gun and take it to Office Max to get it blown up leg size on poster board type paper.  Hmm...  I will do some testing and get back to you all.

Thanks for the ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd like to change the world because it's easier than changing me. - Carbon Leaf

April in Autumn - yarn_tart's etsy shop is coming soon!

My wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Plating the New York Strip Steak
Making Cognac Butter for the Strip Steaks
Grilled New York Strip Steak Recipe
Roasted Tomato Crowns Recipe
Blue Chips Cheese Bread Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Keep Calm and Treat Mum
Meatless Monday: Buffalo Spaghetti Squash
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...