A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,505
Currently Running With Scissors:
518 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Scary Fairy Tales & Magical Craetures - another office Halloween Party  (Read 1900 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rabid.dustbunny
« on: September 17, 2007 10:28:54 PM »

Once again the Party Mistress.  Scary Fairy Tales is the theme this year and we have more money and hopefully more enthusiastic volunteers to help out.
Got some great ideas, and the theme is so wide open it should allow for a lot of creativity.  And we've got an "idea bucket" so that people who say they can't think of anything will be able to dip into it.  We even plan on having a dress up room in an empty cubicle so that people without costumes can find one on the day of the party! 
We're tricking out a conference room like a magical forest, complete with a gingerbread house facade, a stand up witch and a person in a scarecrow costume (and real pumpkin head!) posing as a prop, a semiprofessional photographer to do the promstyle photos of revelers, a scavenger hunt, poison apple chomp (in lieu of bobbing, apples on a string), bean bag toss, dry ice. fog machines...my gosh,  it's starting to sound really cool!  But most of the ideas are kind of foggy and nebulous yet.  I envision lots of glitter and stuff hanging from the ceiling...birds and bats "flying" from the ceiling, hopefully giant scary papier-mache trees and mushrooms.  Maybe a little ambitious, but I think it can be done.
Anyone with particular suggestions is welcome to post them, I'd love to hear your ideas!

I never did post the photos from  last year's Haunted Prom.  I can't seem to update that thread, maybe too old...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood it's ground.
superxradxcadet
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007 03:37:42 PM »

this sounds like a great idea!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rabid.dustbunny
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008 09:49:48 PM »

I got a couple photos from that party I'll post as my friend sends them to me...better late than never, I guess.  We had a guy taking photos prom style, it turned out pretty well. 

This one is of me and a friend.  I'm Red, not very flattering, but fun. (I had to edit this by blocking out her face for anonymity.)

Red and Cap'n Phat Sparrow.  That's a wolf mask with blood in the basket
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008 10:20:39 PM by rabid.dustbunny » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood it's ground.
kayandhearts
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008 02:51:47 PM »

omg you totally stole my idea!!!!!!!! i love it! any tips for a teenage version of this party?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
This Banana-Coconut Smoothie Doubles as a Healthy Hair Mask
Busting The Top 5 Hair Care Myths
Julia Roberts’ Amazing Updo from the 2001 Oscars
Bun and Sparkly Headband Hair Tutorial
Retro Futuristic Hairstyles at Delpozo NYFW 2014 Show
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...