A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,804
Currently Running With Scissors:
476 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: creative ideas for announcing your engagement  (Read 1178 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lefty8881
« on: September 17, 2007 08:27:27 PM »

hi craftsters!
i need help and i knew this would be the place to go!  so, my boyfriend of 6 years and i just bought my engagement ring tonight.  i'm not sure exactly when we will be getting engaged, but it will be soon (within the next couple weeks).  anyway, i was just wondering how you all had announced your engagement to your family/friends?  i would like to do something more creative than just going over to our parents house and showing them the ring and saying "we're engaged!"  my boyfriend is obsessed with movies (we are actually thinking about getting married in an old renovated 40's style movie theater) and i like crafts/sewing if that helps at all.  thanks for your help!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kpooh
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007 04:33:57 AM »

Why not make a 'movie' of the two of you? maybe something a little funny or even a silent movie & use signs to announce it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thekster
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007 01:58:52 PM »

aww that would be cute! My computer came with a movie maker that has an option to old-ify the video (the lines going up and down the screen and kinda shakey.) You could use that, and then some awesome oldtimey piano music... Your fiance and you could "recreate" how you got engaged (or if it was like my fiance did, you could just...make it better haha) and have the over-the-top acting like they did back then. Awww that would be so cute!
Haha my fiance would never do it. But if you did that and you got married in a theater, maybe you could have the theater play your movie sometime during/after your wedding. That would be a neat treat for your guests
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
flowerofedo
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007 09:01:28 AM »

You could always do a play on words, depending on his last name (and if you will be taking it on).

An example: I know a girl named Summer who (is now married to) a guy with the last name Paige. When he proposed to her he made her a book of seasons, the first page being the "Autumn Page" the next, "Winter Page," etc., and then (yes, you guessed it), the final page was "Summer Paige?"

In the form of an announcement, when my baby sister was born (named Ruth) my parents faxed (it was back in the days of faxes..) a picture of the Baby Ruth candy bar, saying that it had arrived.
Kinda fun..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lefty8881
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007 07:27:45 PM »

hey guys,
thanks for the replies!  i had thought about making some kind of movie, but i really like the idea of playing it at our ceremony at some point (probably not during the ceremony directly, but maybe before or after). 

flowerofedo: i like those ideas-your friends are very creative!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
*MAR*
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007 11:56:38 AM »

Well, the one piece of advice I would give you - plan as much as you possibly can before you tell anyone. That way, you get what you want without the grief. ha ha.

Here's a hilarious SaveTheDate option I saw on YouTube. Maybe you could modify the idea for an engagement announcement:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QyveJ8DQcU

Congratulations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
adrienne...
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007 12:08:23 PM »

Well, the one piece of advice I would give you - plan as much as you possibly can before you tell anyone. That way, you get what you want without the grief. ha ha.

Here's a hilarious SaveTheDate option I saw on YouTube. Maybe you could modify the idea for an engagement announcement:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QyveJ8DQcU

Congratulations!

That video is frickin' funny... Thanks for the laugh *MAR*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*MAR*
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007 12:21:19 PM »

No problem!  Cheesy I thought it was pretty funny, too. It looks like the bride-to-be wore a former bridesmaid dress or something. Great way to get use out of an old bridesmaid dress, ruin it making a funny wedding video!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Carve A Turkey
Tossed Spinach Recipe
Butter Tart Recipe
Chicken and Mushroom Strudel on Baby Spinach Recipe
How to Cook Tilapia
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...