A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,550
Currently Running With Scissors:
303 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: color guard gifts????  (Read 1335 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cheezy

BOOM shakalaka

View Profile WWW
« on: December 12, 2004 05:22:41 PM »

so i am in color guard and there is a party this sunday(we have practice saturday so it cant be than:() and i have to get everybody presents! there are 13 people other than me(12 excluding the girl we all hate!). i have zero dollard and about 17 cents in my purse and i just have to get them stuff, or make it!:) what is a cool thing i can make for them that has to do w/ color guard(not just color guard, dancing too!) that would be a quick thing to do? thanks lots!:)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3
coox
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004 09:35:06 PM »

What a coincidence. I'm in color guard too. :p Anyways, I (Well, my class and I) have been making gifts for a couple of years for my guards.. So yeh. :p I usually make them food items, even though that's not necessarily related to guard. Maybe you could make them some cookies or brownies and make a little flag and stick it in the treats. I made a flag using toothpicks and those blank label stickers, for lack of a better word. (I stuck the toothpick in the center of the sticker and folded the sticker over. Then I decorated the sticker to look like the flags we were using.. Or you can even personalize it with names and so on.) Hope that helps, apologies if it's confusing. :x
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ph33lth3lov3

*when in doubt go duct*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004 11:07:04 PM »

if you wanted to go the cookie route, a cool thing to do would be oversized fortune cookies. We made them for girl scouts, and they were a big hit!   you could even do dance/colorguard related sayings on the little fortunes, and then decorate the outside with frosting, either with their names or just a pretty design. put them in bags and you're done! you could also use food coloring and dye the cookies your school colors.  Wink good luck with the party!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

let me see your gila
http://www.gilabuttons.com -your one stop button shop
LuluB
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004 10:13:55 AM »

oh you're taking me back!  i marched ages ago when in high school (saber and rifle).  i
anyway, i did this for a show gift a while back:
get some of those prayer candles (the ones in the glass jars) and glue an image (maybe a photo from last season or something related to the theme of your winter guard show) to the front.  they become personalized prayer candles just for your team and they cost only about $2 per candle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kamithina
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004 11:17:24 AM »

You could use this pattern: http://www.dltk-kids.com/usa/mpinflag.html , but instead of doing the red, white and blue, make the flag your guard's color or colors, add a few extra safety pins and spell "Flag" across it (with a capital "F" and the rest of the letters lower case so it will fit).  I'm a former flag myself, and I loved it!  Cheesy

Good luck!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Like A Pro Hair Tips From Ken Paves
Voluminous Barbie Ponytail Tutorial
5 Ways to Fight Off Frizz
Salon Giving Back Through Beauty
2 Hot Hair Trends From Hollywood’s Top Celebrity Hair Stylist
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...