A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
328 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Presents  (Read 593 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

badass knitter
« on: September 17, 2007 04:27:06 PM »

Okay i know everyones been knitting stuff for christmas since like july but i need everyone to take a break from that and help me figure out what i can make my friend for her b-day
it's in sep. but here party's in nov. which is when i plan to give the gift. So any ideas? Huh ???help Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting- if everyone did it there would be less problems in the world.
SO MUCH YARN!!!....... so little time!!
Any good patterns you see please send me a message about them.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger.
xx_Kellybean
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007 04:31:20 PM »

it really depends on what she likes on what you could knit for her. There's tons of possibilities, though.

a blanket, a scarf, a hat, some gloves, some socks, some slippers, ipod cozy, cell phone cozy, a purse.. it really all depends on what she doesn't already have/what she's into.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

badass knitter
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007 04:48:15 PM »

well she already has a lot of purses and she made herslef gloves so and a scarf so
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vickilicious
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007 07:36:37 PM »

If she's a knitter, you probably can't go wrong with yarn, nice needles, or a gift certificate to your LYS.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tajhia
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007 07:49:47 PM »

If she's a knitter, you probably can't go wrong with yarn, nice needles, or a gift certificate to your LYS.

ITA on this if she is already a knitter..........  maybe buy her some sort of luxurious yarn - the sort that you would never normally buy yourself (even a single ball is appreciated)...  I got a ball of beautiful Louise Harding yarn for a friend a year ago - only one ball because it was pricy and all I could afford, but it was absolutely gorgeous and I could not resist it.... she was over the moon (I think she knitted the dream swatch headband thing out of it in the end.....)

alternatively, what sort of things does she not knit for herself?  if she doesn't like doing circular projects or those on dpns could you knit her a pair of socks or gloves?  or if she likes stuff for her house what about something like a teacozy, dishcloths?

a larger felted bag for a knitting bag?  or what about that felted knitting needle roll?  I saw the pattern on here a while back, can't find it right at the moment though!  or you could sew her a knitting needle roll?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysnewproject
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007 09:33:19 PM »

I like it when I get a gift certificate to yarn shops or Joann's. Also I am such a knit nerd that I have a knitting soundtrack, you could do that. Or hand lotion to soothe hands. If you do that know what she likes. Like my mom tried to get me some hand creme and I have sensory issues so I don't like anything with a scent, anything girly, etc. So Khiels hand creme or the udder cream did good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am squeezing the Disney magic right now.
vickilicious
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007 11:57:27 PM »

or what about that felted knitting needle roll?  I saw the pattern on here a while back, can't find it right at the moment though!

Was this the felted needle roll you were talking about?

I just saw they have a really cute crochet hook case too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Caclark4
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007 01:22:59 PM »

I have to second the hand cream idea. However, I use Bath & Body Works Purely Silk lotion.  I think they changed the name but if you ask anyone, they should know what you're talking about.  It's on the pricey side but it feels like you've put on lotion and then powder so it really cuts down on the slip-sliding effect of lotion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

That which does not kill you makes you funnier-Joseph Fiennes
tajhia
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007 03:00:23 PM »

or what about that felted knitting needle roll?  I saw the pattern on here a while back, can't find it right at the moment though!

Was this the felted needle roll you were talking about?

I just saw they have a really cute crochet hook case too.

That is the one!

I keep meaning to make that for myself but there never seems time wiht everything else I have to knit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

badass knitter
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007 03:08:01 PM »

Thanks Guys they are all really good ideas. Maybe i'll make her all of them and put it in a gift- basket type thing Thanks so much for your help Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Country Cornbread Stuffing Recipe
Southern Deep-Fried Turkey Recipe
How to Make a Classic Southern-Style Cornbread With a Modern Twist
Sweet and Spicy Pepper Jelly Recipe
Sourdough, Italian Sausage and Chestnut Stuffing Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...