A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 316,603
Currently Running With Scissors:
223 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ?? What type of wedding are you planning ~ age??  (Read 13952 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

coccyx
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007 02:52:11 PM »

We're doing a pretty simple and cheap affair.  He's English, and we both love simple, elegant things, so we're getting married in the morning, and doing a tea party theme with tea, cake, coffee, and breakfasty items.  (No cheesy drunk reception, woohoo!)  DIYing almost everything: the dress, the flowers, the cake, the decorations.  Everything else will be thrifted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sociallyawkward
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2007 08:15:07 PM »

I think a fairytaleish wedding is actualy easier if your in the over 30 set. If you marry young with a ceremony like that people think your too immature to be gettin hitched. Be happy you can get away with it!

I agree. I'd have a Mad Hatter tea party theme for my wedding or even my birthday if I thought I could get away with it, but I have a feeling I'd just be treated like I was three. Maybe when I'm out of my twenties it will seem more "second childhood" than like I'm still in my first.

My wedding issue is pretty much the opposite of yours. I'm 22 and I think our wedding will involve taking a train to Chicago and meeting a Justice of the Peace in the park or something. Most planning guides/forums I find with such a relaxed attitude are aimed at the 40+ or second marriage set.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

RumGummbleBee
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2007 09:30:48 AM »

I am 20 and my fiance will be 22 when we are married January 08 (only two months left woohoo!). I know we are different than most people planning weddings now (much younger!) and we have had a short engagement! But then again I find that being differnet is quite exciting. I dont think I could ever imagine waiting more than a year after we got engaged! Our wedding isnt going to be fairytale like (no wedding march!) because we are both very traditional and like classic styles better, but I am sure fairytale weddings would work great for anyone else! Happy planning!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SeaSun
The Red SeaSun

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2007 05:40:40 PM »

I was 21 when i got married so I really can't say anything on age (anyways age is nothing but a number) but as a former bride my advice is plan your wedding how you want it.  It's your day and your memories don't let anyone tell you what you want or can't do.  If that's what you and your hubby to be want then go for it. And congratulations on your engagement!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007 05:41:34 PM by SeaSun » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafts--> http://seasundaytoday.blogspot.com/
Creative Cakes by EMMA ---> http://ccbyemma.blogspot.com/
\(_o)/
Ms. Rosie

Helpz Mommee is a cwazee cat ladee!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2007 05:25:33 PM »

I am going ahead and planning the wedding how I want.  I am finding bits and pieces as I go.  In a way it seems like it is forever until the wedding and then since I am doing most of it on my own little by little I panic wondering if I can get it all done in a year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ok, so I am the crazy cat lady.  Live with it.
cokegirl
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2007 12:36:43 AM »

Hi everyone! My very first post on Craftster. I had to sign up after reading Ms. Rosie post because I have been having issues too.

I'm 39 and my wedding date is May 24, 2008. This is my 2nd marriage and my FI 1st. (he's 36)

My issues are that some of my family is upset that we are getting married on a holiday weekend including my parents. They always go camping that weekend. The reason we are having it on a holiday weekend is because most of my FI's family lives out of state so we thought it would be nice to have it on long weekend so that they can visit longer. But my family is still not happy!

My Dad doesn't want to walk me down the aisle!! This I can not understand..... he wasn't in my life when I got married the first time and didn't do it then. So....

My mom doesn't want to help with any of the details. (planning, shopping, crafting, nothing) She doesn't want to buy a dress. She wants to wear the same one that she wore to my brothers' wedding 6 yrs. ago. Even though it has a big grease stain on it from when she saved my brothers' cake from falling on the floor. I asked her to look at the guest list and she said why I don't need to look at it. I told her that I didn't want miss anyone. She said oh you won't. hhhmmmm...

OK so some of the back story my FI and I have been together for 10 yrs. we haven't gotten married because of money problems. Before we got engaged my mom was so excited and we talked about someday well someday is here now she doesn't want to help. I don't understand. It really has became a big problem because my mom and I were so close now I just don't know what to do. I did talk to her about it but she just shuts me out.

On the flip side my F MIL is a so helpful its kind of scary. When I freaked out because we couldn't find a reception hall she called all her friends and even a person she hadn't talked to in 2 yrs to ask about halls. That how we found the place that we booked. She is doing all the food and the cake, renting the table linens, and asked me this weekend if she could buy my veil. ( I won't let her because why spend all that money on something that I can make for less?) I say its scary because before this I honestly didn't think she liked me.

So if your still reading this, Ms Rosie. I say go for what you want. It only matters what you and your FI want and the rest they will come around. Sometimes you'd be so surprised by who will help.

Sorry for the long post but I really needed to get that all off my chest. Thank you for letting me vent. I kind of had to laugh because usually don't know what to say on the net. LOL
Laura
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starveil101
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2007 03:15:36 PM »

Sad Cokegirl, I wish there was someway your mom will be willing to talk to you! 
Yeah, I'd be so very confused as well!  As long as your MIL is willing to help, that's good!
I really hope it all works out for you and your FH

THIS ROCKS   Logged
*Lynn
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2007 03:30:15 PM »

oh dear that doesn't sound very good. When we get married next year (22nd august!) I will be 23 and my fi will be 22. We are having a small wedding, only 28 guests at the ceremony, which will be a humanist one. and around 70 guests at night. We are having an Alice in wonderland themed wedding Cheesy and hoping to have our honeymoon at disneyland paris!

We chose this theme because we don't like the traditional wedding and wanted something fun! I am making my own dress and possibly my mums too. I am also making the invitations, the table decorations, the decorations for the hall and the wedding favours (candles made inside teacups with mismatched saucers) and making the cake!  We are doing it on a very very tight budget so I will be a busy bee for the next 9 months!

having wrote down everything i have to do i am getting pretty scared! what have i let myself in for
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cokegirl
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2007 01:26:08 AM »

Sad Cokegirl, I wish there was someway your mom will be willing to talk to you! 
Yeah, I'd be so very confused as well!  As long as your MIL is willing to help, that's good!
I really hope it all works out for you and your FH

Thank you, Starveil101. I'm really sorry that I vented so much and didn't really tell you about my wedding. LOL

We are have the whole traditional wedding- white gown, tuxes for the guys, 250 guests (we both have huge families). I really don't think it matters how old you are weddings should always be special no matter what is special to you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunnydays914
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2007 11:42:50 AM »

Cokegirl, I can't wait to see how your plans develop. It does sound like quite the fantastic affair!

The FH will be 22 and I will 21 when the day (finally) arrives. We're a bit young but we're sure we're making the right decision. Since both of us are finishing up our undergrad degrees, wedding planning is a fun and creative escape from school.

We've made the realization that wedding planning can be as fun or as stressful as you want it to be and since we don't have time to be stressed out about it, we're having the time of our lives planning the largest party either of us has ever planned!

We're inviting around 200 people and have a HUGE wedding party. I have 6 brothers and sisters so we were guaranteed to have lots of people involved.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...