A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,768
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Paper/ephemera swap7 gallery  (Read 8764 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

balkandina

Junk+funk+glue=Art

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: October 04, 2007 08:39:13 PM »

Ne Problema!
Just letting you all know that I will go through each profile to make sure you're updated and throw myself on the mercy of the mods Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People sometimes reproach me with having neither genius nor talent nor deep feeling, but I have a will of my own"Isadora Duncan
KarenLouiseM
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2007 01:19:32 AM »

I received (last weekend) and have not yet posted.  BUT, I have a day off tomorrow and promise pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
snarkalicious
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2007 08:59:16 AM »

Here's a picture of all the wonderful things Osiris sent me.  There are some beautiful fabrics and homemade paper.  I especially like the green embossed paper.  And Also some stationary

Some stickers and other fun bits and bobs

Pretty Pictures that my darling MIL fell in love with.

There are also some old comics that I'd never heard of.  And, of course, the book that she couldn't bare to cut up. 

That's a drawing of the author by his daughter.  When I read Osiris' letter I thought she said she though he looked like Santa (I do agree with that) but I miss read it the and thought he wrote Satan.  Hmmm... Cheesy

I love the ass paper.  It's so funny!  I'm thinking Christmas cards for that one.

I love this postcards too!

This swap was so much fun.  I can't wait until the next one.

I can't believe I left out the fabric.  It's wonderful!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007 02:31:51 PM by snarkalicious » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Children in formal wear are nothing but vessels for the forces of darkness.
ariaya
Craft-a-holic

What your heart thinks is great, is great.

« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2007 09:17:22 AM »

ohh .. great stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Victoria
~ What your heart thinks is great, is great. ~
~ What Your Heart Thinks Blog ~ Twitter ~
osiris
« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2007 02:27:22 PM »

So glad you like it Amanda!  Hah I found the ass paper in my mothers stuff when I was looking for wrapping paper.  No idea where she got it from but I thought it was a hoot!  One of the comics (Tiger) isn't very famous, but the other, Beano is like a British institution.  It first started in 1938!  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beano  I kept a Truth Dare postcard for myself, I thought it was lovely!  And I kept one half of the Chinese sticker set for me (you got silver, I got gold).

For anyone who's interested, the book I found and fell in love with is Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, by E. Cobham Brewer.  It was published in 1870 (my copy is from the 1970s) and turns out the author is buried in Edwinstowe which is about 15mins drive from me.  It's also where Robin Hood was said to have married Maid Marion (and the Major Oak is found just nearby in whats left of Sherwood Forest).  So there you go, mini History/Geography lesson for you.

Have any pics of the fabrics?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
balkandina

Junk+funk+glue=Art

« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2007 04:08:03 PM »

My English Nan used to send us Beano! And now for the fab package I received today from babbetto.

Pages from magazines from 1940s and glittery bits

Big scrapbooking papers

postcards,club ads

All sorts of fabrics-many asian motif,precut atc backs,tags,restaurant checks,scrabble chips with D and T (My DH and my initials!!)

My favourite-lots of rusty bits and bobs to use in my "Aht" (hope that's not a crack vial Undecided )
I'm so glad I asked for a third partner!!! Babbetto-did you live in ENgland before Las Vegas-noticed several Brit things Smiley

Now-has everyone received??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People sometimes reproach me with having neither genius nor talent nor deep feeling, but I have a will of my own"Isadora Duncan
WYOKrista

I love sunflowers

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2007 04:28:32 PM »

oh what fun rusty bits!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

YES! I would love to be your Creative Memories Consultant! Just ask
FishStikks
Member of the Papercraft Gang

"My Heart Rat Norman"

« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2007 06:01:01 PM »

OMG I hope that isn't a crack vial, how awful if it was. My puppy dog and I went for several "rusting" hikes in the desert to find those jewels and I sent along the neatest of the bunch. I thought "how cool, look at this glass vial" Oh my.
And no, I've never lived in England but my last swap partner does and I've sent along a couple of the ones she sent to me. Share the wealth and all that.
Funny about the scrabble tiles, total coincidence. Oh, also, the small bundle of rusted wires with the fabric tie, those are from a burnt out and rusted car. Those were the steel belted radials. Took me awhile to figure that out. I thought they were just too cool.
I just hope that my package to you was half as cool as the one you sent to me that I STILL haven't taken pictures of and posted for all the world to see. It was just fabulous!

Edited to also add that apparently I didn't hit the notify button and have totally been out of the loop on this swap and am just now going through all the posts here. GAH, I swear I WAS getting them before...

At any rate, I'm very glad to see that both of my partners have received their packages and I PROMISE to have pictures posted tomorrow of all the fabulousness I received from them. I love everything. I really hope that I did justice to you in what I sent.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007 06:17:59 PM by babbetto » THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's Me...Babs!!
My Flick'r Photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/fishstikks/
My Blog http://fishstikks.blogspot.com/
My etsy: http://www.Fishstikks.etsy.com
My Sketchbook Project Theme: I'm a Scavenger
cumber1137
Livin' to swap

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: October 05, 2007 06:55:57 PM »

I hate all of you for posting so many pictures. My DIAL UP is not happy about this. Sad

from crystalthepirate

Lots of scrapbook paper which I love!

littlemissparasite gave me a good variety of all different things

Thanks guys!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist --> http://www.wists.com/cumber1137

"Huzza for the tipper with the squished up boobs" - Luke from Gilmore Girls.
balkandina

Junk+funk+glue=Art

« Reply #129 on: October 05, 2007 07:14:42 PM »

Cumber-I used to have dial up and I feel for you Embarrassed

I adored all my stuff-I love the uniqueness (was I really an English teacher??) of each package .
I will try to have the swap finished up by Mon if everyone has received.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Dr. Karyl McBride
Dannii Minogue Talks About Her Autobiography
Dan Gutman Talks About the Christmas Genie
Meet Author Mem Fox
Tough Enough Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...