A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,951
Currently Running With Scissors:
680 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cupcake Pincushions  (Read 1255 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

siouxdxie
« on: September 17, 2007 09:47:43 AM »

I have a serious problem with pop that means I have a serious problem with bottle caps. I keep them in a tin, because I donít want to throw them away. I have heard that they are not recyclable, and I just wouldnít want them sitting somewhere in a landfill because I canít control my need for pop. I used to give them to my son and he would build things with them, castles and houses.  Then he would explode them by throwing even more caps at the buildings.  He has outgrown that, he is now onto Pokemon cards. So that has left me with a huge dilemma, what to do with all these caps.  I love looking at all the cute Japanese craft books that are on eBay, and one of the books was all about what to do with caps. I am about to buy it, but I thought I might try to figure out the pattern on the cover.  I failed miserably, but I couldnít in good conscience just throw it away so I tried to make it work. I thought I can make them in to mushrooms; it will be just too cute that didnít work so they ended up cupcakes. I was really upset about the mushrooms, but I now know what I did wrong and I just need smaller beans in the pincushion or fluff. That way it will look like a cute mushroom and not a pathetic mutant.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
teraspawn
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007 09:52:28 AM »

Those are completely uber-cute! I'd love a tutorial if you wanted to make one. Great way to recycle.

(Also, you could always switch to cans for soda. They're completely recyclable! But probably more expensive. And aluminium has been linked to Alzheimer's. So maybe not. Also, then there would be fewer cupcake pincushions in the world, and that would be sad.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mienna
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007 10:15:00 AM »

I think they're cute and I love the idea of using all the bottle caps. I drink a lot of canned soda, so I'm trying to gather ideas for using those.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007 05:37:00 PM »

Those are adorable! I love em!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
siouxdxie
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007 06:57:23 PM »

I drink a lot of canned soda, too. I posted a craft I made with them a few weeks ago. I drink canned soda when I'm at home and bottled soda when I'm out. I just end up with a lot of trash if I did try and use them for crafts.

The post is http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=195047.0
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007 06:58:12 PM by siouxdxie » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Link Layers in Photoshop CS3
How to Load a Saved Selection in Photoshop CS3
How to Make a Selection in Paint.NET
How to Merge Linked Layers in Photoshop CS3
How to Merge Visible Layers in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...