A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 312,063
Currently Running With Scissors:
687 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post finished gifts & inspire!  (Read 5740 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: December 12, 2004 01:43:02 PM »

If I had a digi, I'd post all the earrings I made for friends and family..
I've seen that many people have MANY problems with gifts, so help them out!
Whip out a digi, and show us what you've got, and get feedback!
..not to mention giving others inspiration!

Happy Holidays!

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004 12:55:22 PM »

For my guitarist boyfriend:

Cigar box I decoupaged with pics of my boyfriend's fave bands.  Inside are guitar picks, guitar strings and a notebook with a slip on fabric cover.  The cover is a blue pinstriped fabric with a guitar that I applied using an iron on transfer.  I made it a slip on book cover so he can keep it after he fills this book up with notes and tabs and lyrics.

Ex-Boyfriend... Add to Your Collection
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004 03:06:47 PM »

He'll love it.. it's really awesome!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004 09:37:27 AM »

I made lots of presents for friends.  I baked cinnamon cookies for everyone (wrapped in clear cellophane with shiny bows):

I made pulp fiction novel cover duct tape wallets for some friends:

I made 1 blue duct tape wallet and covered with glitter (sealed with packing tape) and put a mermaid on it:

I made a bracelet that says "ROCK OUT" for my roommate

Another friend is getting this bracelet.  Hard to tell in the pic but I swear it's beautiful and I have one that I made for myself that I get compliments on all the time.  The big sparkly stones look great with a black dress.  Really stand out.

I made magnets for some friends.  These are quick easy things to make and add on to a gift.  Below is my lindy hopper magnet and my tarzan magnet.  (A lot of my friends are lindy hoppers, thus the dancers.)  I got magnets with sticky backs, printed the images on photo paper after I resized in photoshop.  I just used images I found on google.  I made some pulp fiction novel cover magnets too:

I made mix cds for friends too.  I made a cute little miniature zine in black and white with courier font for the liner notes.  The zine has cheap fun stuff to do in our city during the winter (we live in DC so I included things like where to sled and ice skating at the sculpture garden) and put little black and white cartoons inside and made up a crossword puzzle with trivia about the DC indie music scene.  The mix has all mellow indie rock and alt country stuff on it.  I will post pics later if I can remember
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004 09:41:19 AM by dcjitterbug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ex-Boyfriend... Add to Your Collection
The one with the stripes

you look like lunch to me! ^_^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004 02:35:23 PM »

First, earrings for my mother. She's a jewelry fiend, so I hope these don't just get lost in her jewelry collection.
After a grueling interrogation I dragged a request for a cleavage necklace out of the girl who used to be my best friend. when given the options of subtle or showstopping she chose the latter. MWAHAHAHAHA. Me and my E6000 had far too much fun with this.

I would post Radness Advisor Frankie's gift as well, but she's the kind of gourd who scours ebay for the IDs of friends so she can sneak a peek at her hard-to-find gifts. I'll post her present in january.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011 12:17:22 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

Also, I have a blog at  http://neglectedblog.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004 06:33:55 PM »

Dcjitterbug-I love the cigar box! That totally rocks!!! And such a great idea...I think I might make something like that for my boyfriends b'day...

-See my photography here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/traceylheureux/
-Visit my blog here: http://tinystarcreations.blogspot.com/
-Check out my zazzle site here:
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2004 07:03:21 PM »

This is just semi-made, but what the heck...

My boyfriend's brother's girlfriend is a big fan of Burt's Beeswax products, so I made a little felt bag filled with some Burt's goodies. I also added little soap leaves, a pumice stone, a bath puff, and a few marble magnets. The bag is just felt and an applique I made while practicing making some ornaments. It has 3/16" square eyelets and grossgrain handles.

The original plan was foiled by breaking thread on the sewing machine. I *wanted* to make the bag out of a cut up hand towel.

Can't you find something constructive to do?
-My Mother

No more spray painting in the laundry room.
-My Boyfriend
French Fried Texan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004 06:31:44 AM »

Wow! You guys are all giving out such cool gifts!  Cool

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

..sweets4ever is so rad..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2004 07:44:20 AM »

I just monogrammed a handkerchief for my boss' boss, a guy-who-has-everything. It turned out really well--I highly recommend it for those hard to shop for men.

technocutie, handmade iPod cases and felt accoutrements
thoughts and days.

I <3 the mod squad ladies!
The illest MF from here to Gardena

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2004 03:29:33 PM »

I'll suggest again the necktie corset belt, althought I didn't make it, because it is SEW easy and SEW fabulous (get it? SEW?  How did I get to be so funny??)!!  And here is a link to some sweet shoes I kind of altered.

BELT- http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=17453.0

SHOEZ- http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=15864.msg127354#msg127354

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Dragon Tales Cartoon from Sacramento, California
Painting Prehistoric California
How to Draw Dolphin Energy
How Ross Bleckner Addresses Aids In His Art
Ross Bleckner on His Own Mortality
Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations
Craft Challenge #110 Announced - Halloween Costume Contest!
Tute Tuesday: Witch Hat Fascinator

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...