A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
558 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cherie Amour-along (knitty fall 07)  (Read 43697 times)
Tags for this thread: fall  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Synne

mack. cute but feisty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: October 22, 2007 08:25:26 PM »

Everyone's finished sweaters are looking gorgeous, and it's great to see how the sweater looks in a variety of yarns.
I'm up to the upper body armpit division after some road-trip knitting this weekend (though, as always, the wisdom of sitting in a vehicle going 70 MPH while manipulating size 13 needles is questionable)

I'm pretty sure my millend yarn IS the bernat softee chunkee you used, fishie, though the colorway is pooling a bit differently.
Shortly after this picture was taken the kitten (Mei) started chewing on my Denise cords. Cats are so helpful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knit vs. Crochet - my crafty self: http://crochety.blogspot.com/
wist and swap info
mack. where my love of craft and love of food collide: http://mack.etsy.com
fishie
she of the sea

perfecting neuroticism since 1984

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: October 23, 2007 01:20:07 AM »

Everyone's finished sweaters are looking gorgeous, and it's great to see how the sweater looks in a variety of yarns.
I'm up to the upper body armpit division after some road-trip knitting this weekend (though, as always, the wisdom of sitting in a vehicle going 70 MPH while manipulating size 13 needles is questionable)
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/P1050562.JPG
I'm pretty sure my millend yarn IS the bernat softee chunkee you used, fishie, though the colorway is pooling a bit differently.
Shortly after this picture was taken the kitten (Mei) started chewing on my Denise cords. Cats are so helpful.

I thought that Cherie looked familiar!  Cats ARE helpful.  Here's Steve helping me block my Cherie:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it lives in the water or flies in the air, I'm in love with it. In New Zealand I saw a flying fish and almost wet myself.

Blog!
Etsy!
Wists!
mandi
Knit-Addict

Knit-Addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #322 on: October 23, 2007 06:26:03 AM »

Well I cast on my Cherie Amour last night (finally!) and knit the first row -- then frogged it.

Angry

I was using these circular needles I'd bought on eBay.  I've gotten straits (in 2 lengths) and DPNs from the same seller and love them -- but his circulars are no good.  The "cord" is essentially rubber aquarium hose.  Ugh.  So I'm going to the LYS tonight and picking up some Addi Turbos.  I'm doing this right this time, dang it.

One silly question though -- I've never knit from a chart.  I understand normally when you knit, you read row 1 from right to left, row 2 from left to right, etc.  However, in this case because we're using circulars, is the chart read from right to left on EVERY row?  I *assumed* that was the case, but I figured I'd make sure before I made a mess and had to frog a bunch of work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jadzy

a.k.a. Jadzeea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #323 on: October 23, 2007 08:56:17 AM »

However, in this case because we're using circulars, is the chart read from right to left on EVERY row?
Yes Smiley You were right (because every row is a Right Side row)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandi
Knit-Addict

Knit-Addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #324 on: October 23, 2007 12:22:12 PM »

However, in this case because we're using circulars, is the chart read from right to left on EVERY row?
Yes Smiley You were right (because every row is a Right Side row)

Thank you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

engineer_girl
« Reply #325 on: October 23, 2007 01:10:59 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/P1050562.JPG

I thought that Cherie looked familiar!  Cats ARE helpful.  Here's Steve helping me block my Cherie:

Haha, my cat did the same thing, except it wasn't ready to be blocked yet! I think she was under the impression I was making her a cat bed, and was confused and a little annoyed when she saw me wearing it.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007 06:15:32 PM by engineer_girl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

For more of my knitting, cooking, and crafting exploits, check out:

http://cindc.wordpress.com/

I'm also on Ravelry:

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/engineergirl
rachelily
« Reply #326 on: October 23, 2007 03:27:48 PM »

wow, these are all turning out so magnificently!  gives me some hope Smiley i think i may try this when i get done with my two scarves, bag, mittens and cardigan (eek.  too many projects started.)

cant wait to check back and see more! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lets make us all beautiful
katbaggins
Knitting Knewbie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: October 24, 2007 02:32:21 PM »

I've finished the body (and I'm worried it's a bit too loose) but now I'm having so many problems with the sleeves I want to give up. For some reason the simplest lace pattern in the world is giving me headaches- I consistently come up stitch short every few rows even though the row is perfect. Bah!

Anyway, I'm thinking about frogging the sleeve I'm working on and eliminating the ribbing. Has anyone else done that, and if so did you have issues with rolling, since it's all stockienette style lace?

Hopefully I'll be able to post an FO pic soon!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitting blog:
http://woolinsunshine.blogspot.com/
mrgrita
« Reply #328 on: October 24, 2007 03:24:41 PM »

I just got some yarn and will start this gorgeous pattern today.  I've never done lace before, so we'll see how it goes:)
Everyone's FO's are inspiring!
cheers,
~m
THIS ROCKS   Logged

engineer_girl
« Reply #329 on: October 25, 2007 02:05:43 AM »

I've finished the body (and I'm worried it's a bit too loose) but now I'm having so many problems with the sleeves I want to give up. For some reason the simplest lace pattern in the world is giving me headaches- I consistently come up stitch short every few rows even though the row is perfect. Bah!

Anyway, I'm thinking about frogging the sleeve I'm working on and eliminating the ribbing. Has anyone else done that, and if so did you have issues with rolling, since it's all stockienette style lace?

Hopefully I'll be able to post an FO pic soon!!

I eliminated the ribbing and didn't have any rolling issues. My sleeves came out very wide and long, though, so I'd recommend making them smaller than the pattern. The body of mine is a little too loose as well, but it's still wearable (see my pics posted earlier). I had the same problem you did with the lace stitches not coming out right-- I just improvised, adding or decreasing a stitch here or there as needed, and it came out fine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For more of my knitting, cooking, and crafting exploits, check out:

http://cindc.wordpress.com/

I'm also on Ravelry:

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/engineergirl
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Art of Food Photography
CNET.Com: Create a Time Lapse Video
How to Build a Picavet for Balloon Photography
7 Items for Awesome Lighted Photos
Home Photography Tips
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...