A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 304,759
Currently Running With Scissors:
831 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cherie Amour-along (knitty fall 07)  (Read 44299 times)
Tags for this thread: fall  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Singlemom
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2007 09:10:50 PM »

The Moda Dea Gleam is usually $7 to $10 a skein (wayyyy too pricey for my budget). Fortunately, I snagged some from a Meijer up north right after new year's. They had it for 90 percent off. I got 12 skeins of the amethyst and 10 skeins of rubelite for $1 a skein.

It's just been waiting in my stash for the right project. Depending on how many skeins I use, I may have to make one in rubelite, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fishie
she of the sea

perfecting neuroticism since 1984

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2007 11:45:31 PM »

I haven't even bought the yarn for this yet (tomorrow maybe?) but I'm wondering what size I should try and make.  I really don't like positive ease, but the way this pattern looks from the measurements, it seems like there's a lot of it.  The X-small is made to fit a bust size of 30 inches, but the finished measurements for the X-small is 36 inches around the bust.  I have a 34 inch bust, and it would seem to be that I'd want to do the X-small, but I'm really not sure since the model's sweater doesn't look baggy at all.  Maybe the lace pattern just stretches out vertically when worn?   I really don't want to get almost done with this (I really don't like bottom-up sweaters for this reason!) and find out I'd made the wrong size.

How is everybody else deciding what size to make?  Are you guys all sticking to what the pattern says?

Can you tell I have trust issues? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it lives in the water or flies in the air, I'm in love with it. In New Zealand I saw a flying fish and almost wet myself.

Blog!
Etsy!
Wists!
starscrossing
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2007 06:02:48 AM »

How is everybody else deciding what size to make?  Are you guys all sticking to what the pattern says?

Can you tell I have trust issues? Cheesy

I looked at the schematic and chose my size based on my measurements.  I have a 48 inch bust and a 38 inch under bust, 37 inch waist, and 48 inch hip measurements.  I don't like my sweaters too tight up top, so I went with the second to the largest size.  I plan on making my ribbing section on larger needles than the US 9's called for in the pattern (10's for certain.  Maybe 11's.  Haven't decided yet.) to make sure the ribbing isn't too clingy for my taste. 

I may have to figure out short rows and the lace pattern though, since the shoulder to underbust measurement on the sweater is 13 inches, which is fine on the back, but my girls would like four more inches in front, please.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months. - Oscar Wilde
mandi
Knit-Addict

Knit-Addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2007 06:38:13 AM »

I got my yarn in the mail yesterday!

Click for bigger picture

I was really surprised it was already here yesterday!  I know the colorway is pretty unusual (I think the name of it was "Hortalizas") but I liked it.  I wanted something kind of "earthy".

Now I have to get the needles... my collection of circulars isn't very big.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007 06:39:10 AM by mandi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

laceypooh

I've looked at clouds from both sides now..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2007 08:34:44 AM »

i was just wondering if anyone knows how often handpaintedyarns.com has more yarn available.  almost all of the colors in the recommended yarn don't have enough available for the whole sweater.  i know i definitely want to use it though. i've been drooling over that yarn and the colorways and the price, but didn't know what to knit with it until now.   Sad  hopefully they have new batches soon.   anyone have much experience with them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want to have fun. I want to shine like the sun. I want to be the one that you want to see. I want to knit you a sweater. I want to write you a love letter. I want to make you feel better. I want to make you feel free. --Joni Mitchell

http://laceyknitsandpearls.blogspot.com/
april_cocaine
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2007 10:50:04 AM »

Oh, that yarn is so pretty mandi!

I had to frog Sad I got the lace pattern so very wrong (don't watch a foreign film while knitting!) . But I've just finished my second set of repeats, and it's looking good so far.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vickilicious
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2007 12:46:26 PM »

Mandi, that yarn is so gorgeous! I can't wait to see it knitted up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fishie
she of the sea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2007 02:15:27 PM »

Bought my yarn today!  I'm a little upset, the neither of the craft stores had the color I wanted (Joann's didn't even HAVE Bernat Softee Chunky!) so I ended up getting a different color than I had wanted.

What I wanted:

Rustic Rouge

What I got:

Denim

THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it lives in the water or flies in the air, I'm in love with it. In New Zealand I saw a flying fish and almost wet myself.

Blog!
Etsy!
Wists!
Seika
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2007 02:23:36 PM »

The only place that I have near me is Michaels, and I don't think they even have a chunky yarn  Sad  but i'm looking so i can join!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do you realize that your insatiable pull for all things deadly was strong enough to recover a pack of mutant canines from extinction?  If we could bottle your luck, we'd have a weapon of mass destruction on our hands." --Edward, Eclipse
fishie
she of the sea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2007 03:06:09 PM »

The only place that I have near me is Michaels, and I don't think they even have a chunky yarn  Sad  but i'm looking so i can join!

Michael's has at least several kinds of chunky yarn, including the Bernat that I just got from there today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog!
Etsy!
Wists!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use a Curling Iron
Hairstyles For Your Hair Color
Simple Half Up and Down Wedding Hairstyle
Loose Waves Wedding Hairstyle
Low Side Chignon Wedding Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...