A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,044
Currently Running With Scissors:
613 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cherie Amour-along (knitty fall 07)  (Read 43845 times)
Tags for this thread: fall  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2007 02:47:07 PM »

Ugh, Kat. That sounds frustrating. I'm not there yet though so I'm not much help. What size are you making? Sometimes I find a little mistake here and there on one size in a pattern....

I'm making the large since I'm kinda busty. So, I've been working with the third numbers in the brackets. So far I've done just fine. I have the correct number of stitches on the holders and before I go to work row 16 on the neckline decrease chart. It's once I start row 17 for the left front panel that something goes wonky.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2007 04:05:53 PM »

Eh, what the hey?! I figured I would go ahead and post my Day 3 progress pics:

Alright, this is what I have so far:

And this is the pig sty that was once my perfectly clean den. Usually while in the midst of several projects my coffee table turns into "Craft Central" LOL

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
Seika
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2007 04:08:02 PM »

oh my goodness, i want!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do you realize that your insatiable pull for all things deadly was strong enough to recover a pack of mutant canines from extinction?  If we could bottle your luck, we'd have a weapon of mass destruction on our hands." --Edward, Eclipse
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2007 04:10:56 PM »

Wow, you've made great progress! Beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
koshare
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2007 04:12:53 PM »

Okay TOTALLY not understanding the sizing on this sweater....

I bought some Tweedle Dee today and want to start NOW but am very confused about which size to make. 

On the model it looks rather form fitting, I was expecting it to be designed with negative ease.  But then when looking at the finished measurements and schematic it looks like it's actually oversized.

A small (which most closely matches my bust measurement) would give me 6+ inches of ease!

« Last Edit: September 20, 2007 04:25:33 PM by koshare » THIS ROCKS   Logged
KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2007 04:19:11 PM »

Thanks, everyone for the compliments.

I bought some Tweedle Dee today and want to start NOW but am very confused about which size to make. 

On the model it looks rather form fitting, I was expecting it to be designed with negative ease.  But then when looking at the finished measurements and schematic it looks like it's actually oversized.

A small (which most closely measures my bust measurement) would give me 6+ inches of ease!

I went with the large, only because even with the stretch factor I'd rather it be too big than too small. And I've noticed that the Tweedle Dee doesn't have a lot of "give" to it, so it may not stretch as much as another yarn would.  But I'm also fuller figured, so I prefer that the horizontal striped ribbing not completely cling to my midsection. I would just go with the size small, if that is the size that most closely fits your measurements. But, then again, a lot of people are having questions about the seemingly odd sizing for this pattern. I tried mine on last night and it fits so far *knocks on wood*. It'll be interesting to see how the final product will fit.

Oh, and just a little tip for those who are still working on the ribbing:

It is virtually impossible to switch immediately from working the 2x2 rib on size 9s back to size 13s. Your stitches will not go on the larger needles. I have interchangeable needles, so I simply snapped on a size 10.5 needle tip for the left needle and placed the size 13 needle on the right side. Once you finish one round with the smaller left-hand needle you can switch back to using both of the 13s.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007 04:22:56 PM by KatAutumn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
fishie
she of the sea

perfecting neuroticism since 1984

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2007 04:35:55 PM »

A small (which most closely matches my bust measurement) would give me 6+ inches of ease!

I'm totally with you on this confusion!  I'm going to make the small size as well and see how it turns out.  Worst case scenario, I have to alter it a little to fit me, but I'll see how the pattern works first.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it lives in the water or flies in the air, I'm in love with it. In New Zealand I saw a flying fish and almost wet myself.

Blog!
Etsy!
Wists!
615bride
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2007 04:44:32 PM »

For those with sizing questions here is what the designer has to say about it (allegedly, I haven't talked with her!)  Wink :

"This sweater has negative ease built in only on the ribbed waist section. The rest has significant positive ease to give a relaxed fabric and emphasize the waist. I realize that it may appear to be a fitted sweater from the photos, but the only truly fitted part is the waist section. Because of the nature of the fiber used and the lace pattern, it really drapes nicely and doesn't come across as baggy. If it bothers you, you could simply work the top and arm portions with fewer stitches. But watch the gauge on this, because due to the size of needles used, working even one fewer stitch changes the measurements significantly. I would recommend that you leave the peplum portion quite relaxed and not fitted as it is supposed to flow over the hips and not cling to them."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2007 07:49:55 PM »

I went ahead and e-mailed Ashley (the designer) with my question. Hopefully she'll be able to get back to me. I feel like such a dunce, but I have honest to gods tried every conceivable troubleshooting technique and have deduced that one of three things has happened here:

1. There's an error in the pattern.
2. I'm a moron and I'm doing something wrong.
3. Something isn't explained properly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
geniebueller
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2007 07:56:41 PM »

Okay, I've been reading this thread, trying to decide if i want to join.  I LOVE this sweater.
For the past 2-3 days, I've been searching for the best yarn sub.  I'm on a budget and cant exactly afford the yarn it calls for.  After reading all the posts about tweedle-dee, I picked some up.  It was a little to fuzzy for my taste.  I like a smoother finish on my yarn.  Returned it....
After reading about Softee-Chunky & Shetland Chunky, I looked them over.  I wasnt too comfortable about the gauge though.  Both of these yarns call for size 10 needles, and the recommended yarn calls for 11's.  Thats a whole 2 mm difference.  It hurts my head to have to sit there and recalculate the number of stiches when gauge is off.
But, I think I finally have it:  Lion Brand Wool Ease Chunky. 
Its soft, comes in some nice heathery colors (I LOVE heathers), and has a recommended needle size of 10.5.  THAT I'm more comfortable with.  Now all I have to do is order it, since all the stores I went to only seem to have about 2 balls of a handfull of colors.  It runs about $5 a skein (about 150 yds ea)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007 07:57:30 PM by geniebueller » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 4/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 23/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 27/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 24/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 28/30
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...