A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,026
Currently Running With Scissors:
543 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cherie Amour-along (knitty fall 07)  (Read 43837 times)
Tags for this thread: fall  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fishie
she of the sea

perfecting neuroticism since 1984

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2007 09:51:36 PM »

I want to make this SO bad that I spend more time looking at the pictures and the pattern than I spend working on the thing I need to finish before I can start this!

NO!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it lives in the water or flies in the air, I'm in love with it. In New Zealand I saw a flying fish and almost wet myself.

Blog!
Etsy!
Wists!
615bride
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2007 04:53:54 AM »

Confused! I've never knit lace in the round. When working teh bottom in lace pattern 1, will we still read the chart from right to left on row 1 and left to right on row 2? Won't that be different in the round than working back and forth later on the front? Am I making an sense? LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

april_cocaine
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2007 05:52:27 AM »

KatAutumn Those colours are working so well! It's gonna be really.

615bride - It is different working lace in the round. Just read the rows from the right everytime, knitting the rows inbetween the lace rows. Instead of purling them like you would if you were knitting it flat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheKnittingBee
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2007 07:46:23 AM »

Hi folks, I really love this top, but I've had the crazy notion to spin the yarn for it, since it doesn't require a massively high yardage. I think I'd like to stick with variegated, so that the spinning is fun too, and would like people's opinions on colour-combinations!

I've decided to get some dyed Corriedale combed tops, and make a 2-ply bulky yarn. My plan is to have one ply being all one colour, but to make the other ply multi-coloured (ie., spin a tuft of colour A, then B, then C, then back to A, etc). The two strands will barber-pole, but the knitting should appear to be striped, as the multi-coloured strand should stand out more. (Clear as mud, right?)

I'm thinking of using the following colours:
Plum Duff
Raspberry
Jelly Bean
Grape Jelly

They are all shown next to each other on this site:

http://www.pmwoolcraft.co.uk/html/view_product.php?ProdID=1092&CatID=&start=18

Bu obviously the colours in the photo might be off! I think they're actually darker in real life, especially the grape jelly, as this site has the same fibre with different photos, and there are slight differences.

So! The million dollar questions! Do you think I'm bonkers? Do the colours go well together, or should I rethink? Which colour should I pick to be the single-colour ply? I'm thinking Jelly Bean or Plum Duff (but that might have to depend on me sampling once I've bought the fibre).

I'd really appreciate any input, because Mr Bee is a) not really interested b) complaining I have too much fibre already, and why don't I use that instead (answer: I don't have enough of any one fibre!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

april_cocaine
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2007 09:21:46 AM »

I like the four colours you've chosen KnittingBee - and I think you should use the darkest one (jelly bean) as the one colour strand.

You're a brave lady!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2007 11:25:08 AM »

Okay, so I've worked the pattern to the point where you place the front right and back stitches on hold and work the left front portion and I'm confuzzled. I had 22 stitches on my needle and worked row 16 of the neckline decrease chart. No problem. Then it says:

"Work in pattern, maintaining edge sts in stockinette st and decreasing at neckline edge as set until 8 more stitches have been decreased. 14 sts remain."

Okay, so I worked row 16 and moved on to row 17. I worked it from right to left and did one pattern repeat and went to the decreasing neckline part and I came up one stitch short before I could finish the row pattern. Is that supposed to happen?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007 11:27:04 AM by KatAutumn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2007 12:56:26 PM »

Never mind. I figured out where I went wrong. I'm not supposed to work the neckline decrease pattern on the right side of the chart. I'm supposed to start where it says "pattern repeat". My only question is where it says to maintain selvage edge along armhole in stockinette stitch. Does that mean that every RS row I'm supposed to knit one before starting the pattern?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
owly

...hold your breath and clasp at Cassiopoeia...

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2007 01:37:28 PM »

I just ordered the yarn for this project - it's a sea green. Never mind that it will be too warm to wear it once I finish  Cheesy

KatAutumn, those colours are really cool! It looks great so far (and sort of like a skirt...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2007 01:41:44 PM »

Okay, I promise I am not trying to spam the KAL thread here, but I am so baffled.

Okay, I worked row 16 (as per the "LEFT FRONT" instructions). I had 22 sts on my needle, which is what you're supposed to end up with once you work the part of the pattern titled "Divide for Armholes". I worked row 17 of the neckline decrease chart as follows:

Knit 1 (that is to maintain the stockinette st on the armhole edge),yo, ssk, k1, kt2tog, yo, k1. I did that twice and then I worked the left-hand side of the neckline decrease chart as follows:
yo, ssk, k1, k2tog, yo, k2tog then it says to knit one, but I had two stitches left on the left needle.

The pattern says to work in pattern, maintaining edges in stockinette stitch and decreasing at neckline. Doesn't that mean I'm supposed to be knitting one on every right side row and then working the lace pattern repeat (in the bold red box) and then working the entire left side neckline decrease portion? If so, why am I ending up with an extra stitch every row that I have no clue what to do with it? I just worked row 17 and ended with a k1 and then I had one stitch left so I knitted it. Now I have 21 stitches on the needle.  Huh
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007 01:43:48 PM by KatAutumn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
615bride
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2007 02:10:18 PM »

Ugh, Kat. That sounds frustrating. I'm not there yet though so I'm not much help. What size are you making? Sometimes I find a little mistake here and there on one size in a pattern....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Indian Lentil Stew Recipe
Turkey and Ginger Panini Recipe
Cambodian Stir Fried Tofu Recipe
Coconut Rice With Shrimp Recipe
How to Make an Indonesian Beef Stew
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...