A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,955
Currently Running With Scissors:
690 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cherie Amour-along (knitty fall 07)  (Read 46947 times)
Tags for this thread: fall  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Singlemom
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2007 06:27:19 PM »

Hey, everyone! I got a response from Ashley today.

Thank you Kat! (and Ashley). That does make it a lot clearer.

I'm hoping to get mine done by the end of the weekend, too. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's FOs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 21, 2007 07:05:47 PM »

Alright, everyone, I have completed the Left Front panel and it's a lot easier once you work the pattern in the manner Ashley described in the e-mail she sent me. I'll explain how I did it.

Work row 16 of the neckline decrease chart (purl all the way across).
Next row (RS row) knit 1 and then go directly into the pattern repeat for row 17. Work the pattern repeat until you have three stitches left on the left needle. Knit 2 together and then knit 1. You should have 21 stitches left on the needle. Just keep doing this, alternating between the pattern repeats (there are two different pattern repeat rows - one beginning with a YO, the other a SSK) and stopping the pattern repeat three stitches shy of the end of each RS row. Since k2tog is a right-leaning decrease that is what did on the left side. Now that I'm working the right front panel, I'm using the ssk decrease since it is a left-leaning decrease.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
april_cocaine
« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2007 06:41:50 AM »

So just decrease on every RS row, not every other?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Singlemom
« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2007 03:07:56 PM »

I still understand it as decreasing on every other RS row. That's what I did on mine, and it seems to look right. I'm just a few rows away from finishing the back. When I'm there, I'll post progress pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
615bride
« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2007 04:20:11 PM »

I'm not quite understanding all of the talk about the decreases but I'm sure I'll be glad to have that info when I get there. Thanks for sharing! I'm still lacing the bottom. Slow going with a 2yo and a DH working on his Ph.D. Need more knitting time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2007 08:25:49 PM »

I actually worked one decrease one stitch before the neckline edge every RS row. I finished the body part of the sweater last night and it fit me perfectly. I finished one sleeve today. I actually did something a bit different for the sleeves. Instead of working it from the cuff up I worked it underarm down. Since I have lovely "batwing" upper arms but smaller forearms I CO 39 stitches and did a few inches in the lace pattern and then did a mirror decrease until I had 31 stitches. I worked that until I got about halfway down the forearm, did six rows in 1x1 ribbing and then worked a mirror increase back to 39 stitches to make bell sleeves at the cuff. Then I used the Picot BO for the cuff hem. It looks really pretty and fits perfectly so I'm glad my slight deviation worked out. I'm hoping to finish the other sleeve tomorrow and get everything sewn together so I can post pics.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
koshare
« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2007 08:57:27 PM »

And you are happy with your yarn choice Kat Autumn?

I'm using the Tweedle Dee too and am having serious doubts about a lace sweater in bulky wool(like) yarn.  I'm only at the ribbing so don't have enough done to really tell if I am okay with it or not....

THIS ROCKS   Logged
615bride
« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2007 10:01:13 PM »

Ooooh, KatAutumn, I can't wait for pictures! You will motivate me to plow through. I should finish the lace bottom tomorrow and start the ribbing I hope!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vickilicious
« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2007 12:17:50 AM »

Wow KatAutumn, you are absolutely flying along! You must be thrilled.

I can't wait to see pics!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2007 12:42:01 PM »

And you are happy with your yarn choice Kat Autumn?

I'm using the Tweedle Dee too and am having serious doubts about a lace sweater in bulky wool(like) yarn.  I'm only at the ribbing so don't have enough done to really tell if I am okay with it or not....

The only regret I have about using a variegated yarn is that it really doesn't do the lace pattern justice. As far as it being a bulky weight, it's not so bad on the body of the sweater; however, on the sleeves it is a bit heavy so I'm thinking this is going to be more of a winter sweater than a fall one (at least here in Georgia where it's still in the eighties). Also, when I worked the mattress stitch along the sleeve hem it's a bit thick, which I'm not thrilled with. Fortunately it isn't very noticeable, as it's under the arm and it isn't uncomfortable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Douglas Florian Introduces the Drone Bees
ML Stedman on Her Debut Novel The Light Between Oceans
After You Die Book Trailer
Ursula Le Guin Discusses Earthsea
Debating the Real Meaning of "Moby Dick"
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...