A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,487
Currently Running With Scissors:
446 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cherie Amour-along (knitty fall 07)  (Read 43973 times)
Tags for this thread: fall  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

615bride
« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2007 08:10:02 AM »

Yep, I looked at SWS as well but there's no way I could get gauge and be happy with it since I'm such a tight knitter. Wish I could get over that...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

april_cocaine
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2007 08:21:18 AM »

Here's mine as of last night :

I'm up to the armpits, ready to divide. I've only made one mistake so far, but I manged to fix it.

Singlemom, I love that yarn! The colour is so pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandi
Knit-Addict

Knit-Addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2007 10:31:04 AM »

Wow I'm so jealous!  So many of you have made SO much progress!  I'm still waiting for my circular needles to come in the mail!   Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

erikasewing
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2007 11:00:40 AM »

April and Singlemom -- those look great!  I've started on mine -- but got sidetracked, trying out a new ultimate sweater machine for another project.  I'll post progress once I'm up to the ribbing.  Can't wait to see FO's.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
april_cocaine
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2007 11:01:03 AM »

I have a problem  too KatAutumn!
I've working the left front, I've done the decreasing on the neckline side, and I should have  13 sts. I have 16. Three extra stitches!

I'm going to leave it untill the designer responds to your email.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007 12:28:45 PM by april_cocaine » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Khakigirl
« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2007 11:55:44 AM »

For those with sizing questions here is what the designer has to say about it (allegedly, I haven't talked with her!)  Wink :

"This sweater has negative ease built in only on the ribbed waist section. The rest has significant positive ease to give a relaxed fabric and emphasize the waist. I realize that it may appear to be a fitted sweater from the photos, but the only truly fitted part is the waist section. Because of the nature of the fiber used and the lace pattern, it really drapes nicely and doesn't come across as baggy. If it bothers you, you could simply work the top and arm portions with fewer stitches. But watch the gauge on this, because due to the size of needles used, working even one fewer stitch changes the measurements significantly. I would recommend that you leave the peplum portion quite relaxed and not fitted as it is supposed to flow over the hips and not cling to them."

I understand that it is supposed to be more drapey, but I can't believe that SEVEN INCHES of postive ease would be flattering on my bustline, even though I'm quite tiny... I'm definitely going to try to finesse this a bit, as suggested.  Looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with, and how the different sizes are fitting!

(Also, I swatched last night [using Patons Shetland Chunky] on the recommended needles and got gauge so I'm good to go!  Exciting!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2007 02:50:18 PM »

Hey, everyone! I got a response from Ashley today. She is a doll for responding so quickly. Here is what she said about the pattern for the left and right front portions of the pattern:

Quote from: Ashley Moncrief
Thank you so much for your great feedback on the design! I am so sorry that you've run into trouble with the pattern. The way I originally wrote this pattern was for the decreases here to all occur at the neck-edge (not the seam-edge). However, from reading the pattern as published, that is certainly ambiguous. Here is my opinion about working this section: Decrease one stitch every RS row at the neck-edge. You can do this by working two stitches together if you have three stockinette stitches to work with (because remember that the edge stitch should be maintained in stockinette along the neck-edge as well). Or if you don't have three before you are in the lace pattern, you can work a decrease without the corresponding yarn-over. This will vary from row to row depending on where you are in the lace pattern. When you have made all the necessary decreases (14 sts remaining), continue working even until you reach 7.5" from the beginning of the armhole. I really hope this makes sense to you and if not, please do not hesitate to let me know so that I may do my best to clarify.

She solved the mystery for me. I actually put the project on hold last night and worked on my sister's Clapotis, but now that I know what to do I can hopefully finish this sweater up by the end of the weekend.  Grin

And everyone's progress pics are lovely. So many wonderful yarns have been chosen and I can't wait until some FO pictures are posted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
owly

...hold your breath and clasp at Cassiopoeia...

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2007 03:27:22 PM »

April_Cocaine, I really like it in a solid colour! I'm so glad that someone else is doing it in a solid colour Smiley It makes the lace look fabulous.

I'm not worried about the ease. I'm worried about the possibility of the very top of the ribbing intersecting my bust (this happens when you're a bit curvy  - I may have to adjust the length of the top part, but we'll wait and see Smiley

Wow I'm so jealous!  So many of you have made SO much progress!  I'm still waiting for my circular needles to come in the mail!   Undecided

My yarn is still in the mail too! We can be part of the second wave of cheries...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2007 05:08:45 PM »

You're really far along! Gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
geniebueller
« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2007 05:37:00 PM »

for those of you using SWS:

this yarn is great, but be careful, it felts--and I'd hate to see your hard work end in felted arm pits =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Home Brew Hoisin Ribs Recipe
Braised Baby Carrots Recipe
How to Make Pork Loin Roast Sandwiches
How to make Arugula and Scallops with Cornbread
Shrimp Salad Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...