A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,723
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Butterfly a-long (Rowan 37)  (Read 99944 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

purple stitches
« Reply #540 on: February 17, 2008 04:55:57 PM »

I hope this makes sense.  I find the closest diamond to my edge, figure out what the stitches would be for it and then work back from there.  For example, you might be doing the top point of the diamond which needs 3 stitches, before that are 3 knit stitches. After you start the decreases, some rows will start and end with quite a few knit stitches and you won't be able to do any of the pattern stitches without throwing out your stitch count.  I have a stitch at the start and end for a selvedge as I'm knitting flat.

Clear as mud??!

I really hope this helped.  If not, let me know and I'll post some of my decrease rows.  I've written them all down so I can repeat it for the back.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ArianesThread
« Reply #541 on: February 17, 2008 06:21:33 PM »

I understand what you mean. That's what I started doing but I found it hard to figure out whether to do the pattern stitches on the "extra" edge stitches. Let's say you find the tip of the first diamond, and there are 4 stitches before that stitch, then deciding what to do with those 4 stitches also depends on the last "extra" stitches, ykwim?

I frogged the whole body (all 12 rows of it LOL). I delimited the number of stitches I need on the chart and before starting a row, I check if my yos and k2togs balance. So far so good, I have 16 rows done, but only 1 decrease row (I'm doing the vest). I'm crossing my fingers that it will be smooth sailing from here.

Here's my progress so far. I'm using Elann Silken Kydd in Clove, and I'm knitting with 3.0 mm (size 3) (!) needles.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2008 06:22:11 PM by ArianesThread » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ariane
purple stitches
« Reply #542 on: February 18, 2008 04:45:55 PM »

Sounds like you've got it figured out!  I've been doing as much of the pattern stitches on each end as I can but I still end up with a few rows where I have about 6 knit stitches altogether.  I don't know if this is right or not but it looks ok and will help to add a bit of stability to the side seams.  I'm also doing the vest (XS) in KSH Dewberry.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8577473@N07/2180113514/

I'm a bit further than this now.  Completed nearly 40 rows (finished the decreases).

ETA: couldn't get image to post.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008 04:49:33 PM by purple stitches - Reason: correct image » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ArianesThread
« Reply #543 on: February 18, 2008 06:03:32 PM »

Ooh, it looks lovely!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ariane
kellyjomo
« Reply #544 on: March 13, 2008 12:50:49 PM »

this is my first post.  I am knitting Butterfly in the round for my wedding.  As I near completion I am wondering how people who knit theirs in the round did their blocking.  Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gracefulgracie
« Reply #545 on: April 03, 2008 08:10:51 AM »

Does anyone know where I can get ahold of a copy of this pattern?  I just found this post and am in love with the dress...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
erikasewing
« Reply #546 on: April 03, 2008 09:24:42 AM »

The pattern is in a book called Romantic Style.  Maybe your local library will have it.

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
patchworkarmy

Goin where the water tastes like wine...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #547 on: April 17, 2008 01:26:18 AM »

Does anyone know where I can get ahold of a copy of this pattern?  I just found this post and am in love with the dress...

I got it for $5 bux on ebay. Not the magazine version but the dress version that's in the romantic knits book. last time I looked it was still up for that price. good luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phisch
« Reply #548 on: April 21, 2008 04:20:57 PM »

I'm glad to find there's still a KAL going on for this dress.

How did you guys decide what size to make? I'm going to make it for my SIL and her hip measurement is 6" bigger than her bust.

It would be nice to do this in the round. Has anyone who did it that way have trouble with it not having the thicker seams?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ye ol' blog: http://www.inthatnumber.com
Also found lurking at: http://phisch.vox.com
juniperl13
The one with the stripes

you look like lunch to me! ^_^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #549 on: June 07, 2008 12:12:57 AM »

I'm glad to find there's still a KAL going on for this dress.

How did you guys decide what size to make? I'm going to make it for my SIL and her hip measurement is 6" bigger than her bust.

It would be nice to do this in the round. Has anyone who did it that way have trouble with it not having the thicker seams?

I did all of mine in the round with no ill effects. I say go for it. Seaming lace is a bitch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

Also, I have a blog at  http://neglectedblog.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Authentic Tandoori Chicken
Quick and Easy Thai Peanut Sauce Recipe
How to Make a One-Pot Kimchi Stew with Chicken and Tofu
How to Make The Savory Roll
How to Make Katie Lee’s Asian Beef Lettuce Cups
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...