A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,127
Currently Running With Scissors:
643 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tea Time Swap 2 (CLOSED - SENDOUTS 10/15/07)  (Read 14633 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2007 12:55:47 PM »

There's only one good thing about the fact that my boyfriend had to move to another town... I can let crafts take over the flat! I've decided next weekend is my official craft weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to get most of my things done, or at least started, during the weekend.

A question for those of you participating:
How would you feel about getting multiple small bags of tea taken from my "tea stash" together with one bigger bag of bought tea. It would be fun to let my partner sample some of the things I like too I think, but I don't know how people would feel about that. Sending lots of tea is fun, but my tea store only sells 100g or 200g or something like that so I thought I could buy a kind I think my partner would like and then use samples from my favourites as a bonus.

I will of course ask my partner when I get one, but I thought it would be fun to hear what everyone think. Do you have a tea stash at home? I'm not sure how many kinds of tea I've got at the moment actually. I love tea but I don't drink several cups a day so it tends to accumulate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Avian Flight
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2007 01:47:59 PM »

Annchen, that sounds great! My problem is that I don't have a large tea stash which is why I started this swap (so I have an excuse to buy more). Gives me a chance to try new teas which is always interesting. I'm a tea bag person but wish I had a tea ball steeper (whatever they're called) so I could try loose tea.

We have 15 people!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
idrinktea
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2007 07:23:22 PM »

I am a HUGE fan of the stash sampler idea. I've been thinking about doing that myself and  know for sure hat I'd love to receive what my partner ranks as their favourite.

So so so psyched for this swap. I might have to schedule time to craft. I think I forgot just how college can overrun everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Midnightoak
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2007 10:40:23 PM »

I have a HUGE stash of tea (it is taking over the living room at the moment as it is being catalogued) and love the idea of sending out faves and receiving new tastes.

Can't wait to receive a partner so I can start.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2007 11:57:31 PM »

I accidentally killed one of my tea ball steepers... I've discovered that they're great for stuffing herbs and garlic in when I boiled beans to avoid having to pick the slimy herbs from the beans later (I know I could use a fabric pouch instead, but I'm lazy). I guess the surviving one might be a bit garlicky too. Oops... Luckily I have other things to steep my tea in but a ball is nice for one single cup.

The tea stick (http://www.gamilacompany.com/tea/teahome.html) looks like an interesting thing too. Have anyone used something like that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Laurio
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2007 07:12:36 AM »

I'm quite excited about this swap now, hurray  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Avian Flight
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2007 01:20:03 PM »

I have a HUGE stash of tea (it is taking over the living room at the moment as it is being catalogued) and love the idea of sending out faves and receiving new tastes.

Can't wait to receive a partner so I can start.

Cataloging your tea?? wow.  Shocked

Annchen - hahaha! garlicky tea ball steeper.. ewww
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
Midnightoak
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2007 02:06:13 PM »

Cataloging your tea?? wow.   Shocked

I don't know what's worse, the fact that I have that much tea or the fact that my sister and I argue over whose tea stash is the largest  Roll Eyes

Hopefully this swap will give me the upper hand Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2007 02:35:28 PM »

I'm trying to finish some of my tea so I can free up the good tea tins for other kinds of tea. I recently used up the last of the tea in my painted (by me Smiley Hmm... I wonder if I've got any glass paint left somewhere...) glass container. It doesn't help that my boy doesn't drink tea anymore, he stopped using everything with caffeine in it to sleep better. Heh... And since I'm pretty easily affected by caffeine I shouldn't drink more than one, maybe two cups a day. Two cups today and I was a bit hyperactive  Undecided I'm a bad tea lover. And I'm still a bit jittery apparently. Sorry bout that.

Luckily they had some roibos at the student union cafe so my third, fourth and fifth cup was caffeine free.

Err... I just took out all our tea and counted roughly 20 kinds Shocked I didn't know it was that bad since most of it was stacked neatly... Some might be duplicates so I guess I need to try to label everything that's unmarked. We've got several packages of Ceylon tea since my fiance was in Sri Lanka a few years ago and bought as much tea as he could take out of the country legally. They're best before 2006 but should still be drinkable I guess.

Eww... Cherry tea. And the one who bought it doesn't even drink it anymore. Any takers? Wink Or better yet: any suggestions for crafty ways to get rid of it?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007 02:38:40 PM by Annchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
omg_word
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2007 02:58:42 PM »

i'm so excited, i've recently just got into tea again and am in the process of throwing a tea party for my little cousin so this will be great!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
White Chocolate Krispies Recipe
Gourmet Golden Fruitcake Recipe
How to Make Vanilla Donut Holes
How to Make Dark Chocolate Krispies With Hazelnuts
How to Make Dark Chocolate Brownies with Sea Salt
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...