A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,131
Currently Running With Scissors:
381 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ordering from YesAsia (Japanese craft books)  (Read 1841 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bond Girl
« on: September 13, 2007 07:38:08 PM »

Ok so I think I've found that ordering from YesAsia looks like the cheapest way to get Japanese craft books to Australia. 

Their prices are cheaper in AUS$ than what I was paying for Japanese craft books I ordered through the Japanese store here in Melbourne before it closed down.  And also most items qualify for free shipping, as long as you spend over the minimum requirement which appears to be only US$25!

I've heard other craftsters reccomending the site, but was wondering whether any fellow Aussies have had any experience in getting anything from YesAsia shipped down to this part of the world? 

Did everything go ok and would you reccomend them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm very into Britney Spears' early work, before she sold out, so mostly her, um, finger painting and macaroni art.
ellenade
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007 10:14:48 PM »

oo! I hope they're good! There is a Kinokuniya in town and I could easily spend $1000 on craft mags there (and it wouldnt even go very far...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bond Girl
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007 04:00:33 AM »

Yeh, the books are more expensive at the Sydney Kinokuniya and also postage is about $8.50 to Melbourne for just one book - YesAsia seems like a much better deal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm very into Britney Spears' early work, before she sold out, so mostly her, um, finger painting and macaroni art.
inkberry
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007 04:10:47 AM »

I recently ordered a book, called Crochet Motif Item, from YesAsia.  It took a while to get to me, a little over a month, and postage was fairly expensive at $9.97 USD but it has such cute patterns I don't care! 
I blogged about it here: 
http://inkberryblue.blogspot.com/2007/09/its-here.html 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bond Girl
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007 06:14:46 PM »

Thanks for letting me know of your experience inkberry!  I don't really mind how long books take to get here  - as long as they arrive safely sooner or later!  Also I'm planning on ordering enough to qualify for the free postage Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Niina
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007 05:17:53 AM »

I've ordered from there a couple times and I always take advantage of the free shipping! And now that our dollar is strong the books are cheaper than buying from amazon.jp
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bond Girl
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007 06:47:27 PM »

Thanks Niina

I think I will put an order in today Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissMeshell
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007 02:01:44 AM »

I've ordered four books from them and they were fantastic Smiley I got free shipping too and they arrived very quickly, I would certainly order again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bond Girl
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007 11:16:57 PM »

Ok thanks for all your feedback everyone - my first order arrived yesterday!  Four Japanese craftbooks all nicely wrapped & packaged and safe and soun Wink

I can't look at them yet though because they are being put away until Christmas Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Film History Biography of Ron Mann
Film History Biography of Sam Raimi
Pre-Production Paperwork Part 2/2
Pre-Production Paperwork Part 1/2
The Film Lab - Genre Jam: The Universal Monsters
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...